1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: PC Pizza Crust mix- using in recipes?

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Has anyone tried using our PC Pizza Crust mix in the various demo recipes - like Aloha Pizza or California Club Pizza?

The Pillsbury dough is almost more expensive these days! The last batch I bought for the Aloha Pizza (which for some reason uses 2 crusts- too much IMHO) was $2.50 PER Canister! $5 for one pizza!! OUCH! :eek: Since I'm providing the ingredients the next few shows (promotion I did), I think it is cheaper in the long run and tastes better too to use our crust mix! But I wasn't sure if there was a reason they DON't use it. I just used the PC mix for the first time tonight and loved it! I made one pouch and got a large stone pizza and then about a small size (not quite the full medium)- they were more towards the thin-side of crust, but not the crispy-thin. Just right.

If I can get TWO out of a single box at $6.50 before my discount, that seems like a better price, and it might promote our own product more. I can always MENTION that they can use the Pillsbury ready-dough, but for a few extra minutes of easy steps, they have a soft pizza dough (the pillsbury gets tough if over worked) that is cheaper in the long run!

has anyone done this?

Jun 23, 2009
  2. PamperChefCarol

PamperChefCarol Veteran Member

LOVE our pizza crust mix. Love it!!!

Plus, as I say, you can't make any money selling Pillsbury!

Have something to add?