• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Start Your Mini Loaf Stoneware Right! Good Recipes to Season it.

In summary, this recipe calls for melted butter, bananas, baking powder, and sugar. Add these ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. When done, the bread will be golden brown and firm to the touch.
sixtexascooks
Hi ya'll I just got the Mini Loaf Stoneware baking pan yesterday, I'm so excited Ive wanted it to the longest time. Anyways does anyone have any good recipies I can make in it to start the pan off to being nonstick. You know how in the beginning stuff sticks...what would be good to get it seasoned. I hope this is making sense!!!

I recently made zucchini nut bread, but I always use baker's joy just to be safe....especially since I give them to DH to take to work and if others see the cute loaf I want them to be impressed.

Baker's Joy is different then PAM.

Do mini meatloafs!! The fat from the hamburger meat works as a great seasoning agent!
Also, you can use that stone for dips you can make 4 different dips in it and you'll be the talk of the night where ever you take it!
Mini meatloafs work gret though, and even if the hamburger meat you use is lean or extra lean, there is enough fat to still start the seasoning process off right!:thumbup: :balloon:

Thats a great tip. DH Is always bugging me for meatloaf...now he can have his own!

My step mom says they make mini meatloafs in it because she can make my dad two the way he wants them, herself one the way she likes it and and the last one for my very extremely picky little brother. My little brother thinks it's cool to have his own meatloaf.

Vanessa can you give me the recipie for the zucchini nut bread? Thats sounds mighty tasty!! Or can I find it in the search? Ill try it out. That just sounds so good to me right now!! :)

Here is something to SEASON your stone...

SEASONING stoneware - similar to seasoning cast iron...from Scott Backus

1/2 cup crisco and 1/4 cup salt - (trust me, it works!) spread over
surfaces you want to be nonstick on stoneware.

Bake in a 200 degree oven 30 minutes, remove to cool. Scrub with Kitchen
Brush and hot water, not trying to remove all the oils, but just get the
salt off. Shake dry, leave out.

You're done - it's now nonstick! It works wonders for new stones.

Edit: Kelly--allow me to step in--I am the one who originally submitted the new stoneware seasoning trick...I encourage all Cheffers to use it at your show when presenting stoneware from this point forward... - it came from my grandma's way of seasoning cast iron. The salt acts as a sandpaper - the "grit" is activated when you rub it around. And, unlike sand or sandpaper, salt rinses out/melts away under hot water. The smoother surface and the heat/oil saturation, make each work together to season the stones.

My original recipe said, do it twice in succession - why? For the same reason the Army makes its recruits polish their shoes twice in a row - in catches any spots you miss, and gives a better polished product:

Smear the goop around, pop it in the oven at 250, and let it go for 30 minutes or so. Take the stone out of the oven and let it cool with the melty goop still there. When cool enough to touch, take a paper towel or silicone brush and smear it all around , making some attempt to contact all of the surface...the salt rubs on it and smooths it just a little. Then pop it back in the oven, leave it for another 30 minutes, and then turn the oven off and leave it in overnight - this allows the oils to seep more into the stone[...bottom line, it lasts longer than if you just take it, let it cool, and rinse it out.] Then, rinse/scrape under hot water and voilla! Nonstick stoneware!

- and what is important in the proportions, is twice the crisco/lard/grease, to salt. Certainly putting 1/2 cup of crisco in a small round stone is going to cause a drippy problem in your oven - so use 2 tablespoons crisco to 1 tablespoon salt, and you're good to go. (the quantity I suggested was specifically for a stoneware fluted pan)

God Bless You! Take care. Praying for Paige and her family!

FYI bacon works OK, but only where the bacon or grease touches the stone.

I also emaild the test kitchen about this and here is their response:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef regarding your product
question. We have not tested this method and therefore cannot comment if
this tip is successful. We would not think it would cause any harm to
the Stone, but please be cautious about using too much Crisco on a
smaller Stoneware piece. Our concern is that it would liquify and drip
in the oven, causing some smoking.

And here is a super recipe to make!!

Chocolate Banana Bread

Submitted by: Tracie P.
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 476 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Yields: 24 servings
"This banana bread features cocoa, chocolate chips, sour cream and a bit of vanilla extract."
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup margarine, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
6 bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
powder
1 cup lite sour cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate
chips
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
Nutrition Info (per serving)
Calories 279 (37% from fat) | Protein 3.8g | Fat 12.2g (sat 3.7g) | Carbohydrate 41g | Fiber 1.8g | Cholesterol 39mg | Iron 1mg | Sodium 223mg | Calcium 25mg
This recipe appears in the Allrecipes "Tried & True Favorites" cookbook. Buy it online at http://www.shopallrecipes.com/
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2007 Allrecipes.com

I did the Cinnamon Roll recipe that comes in the Use & Care and LOVED it. I added Cinnamon and caramel sprinkles to it!

I love the idea of 4 different dips in it! I had never thought of that!

jrstephens said:
I did the Cinnamon Roll recipe that comes in the Use & Care and LOVED it. I added Cinnamon and caramel sprinkles to it!

I love the idea of 4 different dips in it! I had never thought of that!
That's what so great about this board! Even ones like me that have been around a long time, I call my self an "old dog!"LOL! But I don't want to offend any long timers here! Anyway I love it because old dogs can learn new things and get taught new tricks!;) (talking entirely about myself here! )
I love "aha" moments. The dip idea works good, I've done it before!:thumbup:

my learning something new moment came from Kelly's post! Thanks Kelly, I'll have to try this idea the next time I get a new stone!

Kelly's chocolate banana bread is excellent, made into mini-loaves.
Her recipe will do 2 mini-loaf pans full, or scroll down for my recipe that has the halved amounts.
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/stoneware-loaf-pans-31445/index2.html

I just sprayed a bunch of canola oil from my kitchen spritzer to season my mini-loaf pan. It made a few darker spatter marks outside the loaf dents, as a result. So I'd suggest the meatloaf, if spatter marks are going to make you fret.

1. What is the best way to season my mini loaf stoneware?

The best way to season your mini loaf stoneware is to wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly before using it for the first time. Then, rub a small amount of vegetable oil all over the stoneware and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Let it cool completely before using it again.

2. Can I use my mini loaf stoneware for both sweet and savory recipes?

Yes, you can use your mini loaf stoneware for both sweet and savory recipes. Just be sure to clean it thoroughly between uses to prevent any flavors from transferring.

3. Do I need to preheat my mini loaf stoneware before using it?

No, you do not need to preheat your mini loaf stoneware before using it. Simply place your ingredients in the stoneware and put it in the oven to bake.

4. What are some good recipes to use with my mini loaf stoneware?

There are many delicious recipes you can make with your mini loaf stoneware, including mini meatloaves, banana bread, cornbread, and individual apple crisps. You can also use it for portioning out and baking mini lasagnas, quiches, and casseroles.

5. How do I clean my mini loaf stoneware?

To clean your mini loaf stoneware, wash it with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils that could damage the stoneware. If there are any stubborn food particles, you can let the stoneware soak in warm water for a few minutes before washing it. Allow the stoneware to cool completely before submerging it in water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HeatherP19
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gothim0802
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • ChefPaulaB