• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Karen's Downline Member Loses Pampered Chef Kit at Party

or recruit... to leave her wallet & phone at a party. I think it's more likely one of her team members took it. I think it would be a good idea for her to talk to her team about it. She might be able to get a replacement kit or some sort of enhancement. I think it would be a good idea for her to talk to her insurance company about what might be covered. I don't think she should be scared, but she might want to be careful.
Sheila
Gold Member
One of the girls on the team (Karen's downline) posted this on FB earlier:

My Pampered Chef kit has been stolen. Right out of my car, AT a party! Thinking I'm gonna quit this time. Dang it.

I was on base, moving my bags back to the car from the duplex. One of the guests stopped me to change the address on her form to a stateside and I told her I would need to check my iPhone real quick for the sales tax due to CONUS. I grabbed the last bag, went to the car, everything else is gone. BUT not my wallet or my iPhone.

Had to have been one of the guests ... right? I mean who else would take all the stuff and leave the wallet & iPhone?

I wouldn't immediately assume it was a guest. It depends on where the wallet and phone were... I'm guessing not in the back of her car like her kit...It's terribly disappointing though. And odd.Odd because she just says she's going to quit... not "what can I do about this?" Seems to me she's just looking for a reason to quit... IMO...

She signed under Karen, but I've known her for a while. She came to my baby shower in 2007. It's just her personality to make statements like that. She earned $600 PC Dollars in New Consultant Rewards, I don't think this will cause her to quit. ;)

would it would be covered under her car insurance? might not hurt to ask..

She's in Okinawa so her car insurance is through a Japanese company. Probably not something she can claim. ;)

Maybe there is something PC can do? Maybe they can extend an extra kit enhancement month for her? Also, my NED get 40% off personal supply orders. Perhaps hers will help her out in this situation. You can place a personal order and ship it to a different address. I have done this for my team members when I bought them something as a reward.

I asked if she reported it to the base police yet. The military is a very SMALL community. All she has to do is go on Okinawa Yard Sales and post that the theft happened. Somebody, somewhere will know that their friend just came into a BUNCH of stuff suddenly. ;) (Guess I should go recommend that to her!)She earned $600 PC Dollars with her New Consultant Rewards. She had her 4th full month KE in March & the regular KE in April. I wonder how many PC Dollars she still has left ... hmmmm. I'll have to check with her & see. She signed at the end of Nov, has 3 personal recruits & is a TL now ... I really don't think this will be the end. I think she was just venting. It does bite though. With my background in police dispatching, I still don't get why people leave valuables in their car and the doors unlocked. I don't leave anything of value where it's visible, if I can help it. But the doors are always locked! Even between trips to the car. But of course I don't want to rub salt in the wound by telling her she should have locked the car. Monday morning quarterbacking won't help her now. ;)

What you could do (without rubbing the salt in) is ask her to share her experience and what she would do different. Of course, this would be AFTER it is all figured out!I'm in a weird mood today, but I also kind of want her to find the person and recruit them! We KNOW they LOVE the products! Lol!

And another thing to think about is business insurance. I have tons of products in my kitchen and more in my garage that are brand new. I always have PC stuff in my car, too. Soon I will have a business policy which will cover all the new in box products, any biz related stuff (in my car or home or anywhere else) and anything our insurance company might say is "not for personal use". This covers me for theft, fire, flood...basically anything that could ruin the stuff. It will cost me $25 per month and I believe I have $25K in coverage. I think it is worth it for everything I have. Might not suggest it for a new consultant unless they were a PC junkie before signing!

I'd be scared to have the thief on my team. She'd probably have no issues about keeping people's cash & check either! :eek:

I don't think she'd be the type of personality to objectively look at the situation and recognize any areas for improvement.

And unfortunately, living in Japan we don't have all the same privileges that stateside people have. We can get renter's insurance through USAA, but I don't know if that type of coverage for our cars is possible. People tend to get a false sense of security there. The country has a lot less crime than in America, but when you are constantly bringing in new Americans & rotating the seasoned ones out, then you are also constantly bringing in the stateside mentality too. It's really funny. You can go to the on-base grocery store & point out the ones who are brand new by the way they are acting. They longer they are there, the more mellow they become. LOL

What happened to Karen's downline member's Pampered Chef kit?

Karen's downline member lost their Pampered Chef kit at a party they were hosting. It was accidentally left behind and could not be located after the event.

What steps did Karen's downline member take to find the missing kit?

Karen's downline member searched the party venue and contacted the guests who attended the party, but the kit could not be found. They also reached out to Karen for assistance.

Was the Pampered Chef kit ever found?

Unfortunately, the kit was never found. It was likely misplaced or taken by someone at the party.

Who is responsible for the lost Pampered Chef kit?

As the host of the party, Karen's downline member is ultimately responsible for the kit. However, they may be able to file a claim with their homeowner's or renter's insurance to cover the cost of the lost kit.

What can Karen's downline member do to prevent this from happening again?

To prevent this from happening in the future, Karen's downline member can make a checklist of all the items they bring to a party and make sure to double-check before leaving. They can also remind guests to return any items they borrowed or used during the party before leaving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rebecca Clive
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefCKHall
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • Elizabeth Q