• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jewelry Shopping on eBay: Tips and Tricks

In summary, Gillian has a lot of thoughts on selling incentive items. She feels that it is tacky and that it takes hard work to earn them. She also thinks that it is tacky when stars or sports figures sell their own merchandise.
supergirljennie
Hi everyone...

I was looking on ebay at PC stuff, and there's a fair bit of jewelry on there, charms and Italian charms. Where do you get these (other than ebay)? Thanks!

supergirljennie said:
Hi everyone...

I was looking on ebay at PC stuff, and there's a fair bit of jewelry on there, charms and Italian charms. Where do you get these (other than ebay)? Thanks!

Some jewelry has been offered as incentives (Italian charms), some given as gifts (Sterling silver chef's hat on black satin cord was a gift at the Director's dinner last year), and some can be purchased by directors to give to their downlines (charms of products, gold chef's hat pin for qualifying).

I couldn't imagine selling any of the things I've been given! I love them all!

I can't believe people are selling those either! You have to work darn hard to earn them and I can't imagine doing all that work, then selling the reward! Much less buying something that you didn't earn?? Where is the pride in wearing something that you didn't even earn. I have the charm bracelet with one charm on it. I like it better knowing that I earned even just one rather than buying the rest of the charms that I didn't earn to make it look complete. I am sorry if you have done this, but I think it is so TACKY!!

gilliandanielle said:
I am sorry if you have done this, but I think it is so TACKY!!

Uh-oh... Last time someone used that word a brawl ensued. LOL

I did sell mine. I sold only the charms since I didn't really care for their look. I kept my bracelet with the chef's hat. I really liked the single silver with the chef's hat.

I'll watch my back, LOL!! I can't stand that when stars or sports figures sell their own crap like it is better because it is theirs. Sorry, that really has nothing to do with the topic, but I just have to rant at someone!

Wow, Gillian, you sure got worked up! No, I have not bought any, because I wanted to check and see if it was something that is earned. I asked for informational purposes... And now I know...

I'm with Gillian about the sports stars that sell their stuff for exorbitant prices when you know they didn't buy the stuff but got if free from a sponsor.

Sorry, I really don't care that much, I just have to get my frustrations out. Sometimes it comes out on weird things that I didn't really even know I cared about!! I apologize...

I haven't been in PC long enough to have any promo stuff, but I don't wear much jewelry so I don't know what I would do...I've seen the chef's hat pin, and I do like it. Once I qualify I'll enjoy having it to add to a simple blouse or jacket to advertise my business. It's got nice clean lines. I don't wear those Italian charm bracelets so I guess that if I had earned it and there was a new consultant who wanted it I would have sold it to her. Why have it cluttering up my house if another consultant would enjoy it?Personally, I'm much more interested in the beautiful glass bowl that was featured as an incentive in the F/W Consultant Notes than I would be in any of the jewelry (ruby and diamond ring, diamond necklace) that I saw! But that's just me, and one of my passions is blown, colored glass (especially Blenko glass from West Virginia).Just my 2 cents...

Charm braceletsI do wear the charm bracelet and I came in late and I only earned 3 of the charms. I BOUGHT the rest. I wanted to fill my bracelet. I love it! I understand the whole thing about earning your items but like I said there was no way for me to earn the rest of the charms because of when I started PC.
I don't feel bad about it. :(

gilliandanielle said:
I'll watch my back, LOL!! I can't stand that when stars or sports figures sell their own crap like it is better because it is theirs. Sorry, that really has nothing to do with the topic, but I just have to rant at someone!
Gillian, you are TOO FUNNY!!!! And I agree about the stars/sports figures thing!

I don't see a problem selling things you earned or buying things you didn't...to a point. If you don't wear the italian charm bracelet, why leave it laying around collecting dust. My biggest problem with buying and selling incentive gifts is that they usually are sold for outrageous prices. Last year after conference that small square woven basket was selling for over 100.00. That is ridiculous!! The basket was maybe worth 20 bucks. I think sometimes consultants are taking advantage of other consultants. Now, if you are willing to pay 100.00 for a little basket, then that is your choice and I don't have a problem with you spending your money however you want to. I am just making a point. I saw those charms being sold for 20.00. HO said they were $5 to replace...granted you couldn't buy ones you didn't earn from HO, but still....

Jewelry, dishes, etc are just things. They don't say "I'm a director" or "top performance cluster" or anything, so I don't see a problem with reasonable buying and selling.

I agree with the sports figure thing. But then, I have a problem with someone making that kind of money playing, especially when kids look up to them and they are not good role models. But, that is another story in itself. LOL

Shawnna said:
My biggest problem with buying and selling incentive gifts is that they usually are sold for outrageous prices.

I know! I can see being short a charm and wanting to replace it, but some of the stuff if darn expensive. I had an extra of something and gave it away, I only asked for shipping costs.

I don't wear my Italian charm bracelet. It has all the charms except Leadership, but I'm so disappointed in myself for not making director by October (promoted Jan 1) and not getting the watch that I don't like to look at it.

Anyone wanna sell a watch insert??? :p

Ann F said:
I don't wear my Italian charm bracelet. It has all the charms except Leadership, but I'm so disappointed in myself for not making director by October (promoted Jan 1) and not getting the watch that I don't like to look at it.

Anyone wanna sell a watch insert??? :p

Ann,

I thought I was the only one who felt that way! When I go to conferences and see people with their watches on I could scream. And, I still haven't promoted. :(

If anyone knows of a watch we can purchase to fit this bracelet PLEASE post that information. I'm not big on jewlery but I always wear a watch.

1. How do I know if the jewelry on eBay is authentic?

One way to ensure the authenticity of jewelry on eBay is to check the seller's feedback and ratings. Look for sellers with high ratings and positive reviews from previous buyers. You can also ask the seller for proof of authenticity, such as a certificate of authenticity or receipts from the original purchase.

2. Is it safe to purchase jewelry on eBay?

When buying jewelry on eBay, it is important to do your research and only purchase from reputable sellers. Look for sellers with high ratings and positive reviews from previous buyers. It is also recommended to use secure payment methods, such as PayPal, to protect your purchase.

3. How can I find the best deals on jewelry on eBay?

To find the best deals on jewelry, use the search filters on eBay to narrow down your results by price, condition, and seller location. You can also set up alerts for specific items or brands that you are interested in, and be sure to check for any ongoing sales or promotions on the site.

4. Are there any red flags to watch out for when buying jewelry on eBay?

Be cautious of sellers offering very low prices or claiming to have high-end designer jewelry at a discounted price. It is also important to carefully read the item description and look at the photos provided by the seller. If the item seems too good to be true or the seller's information is lacking, it may be best to avoid the purchase.

5. Can I return or exchange jewelry purchased on eBay?

Each seller on eBay may have their own return and exchange policies, so it is important to check the listing before making a purchase. Some sellers may offer a money-back guarantee, while others may only allow returns for certain reasons. If you have any concerns, it is best to contact the seller directly to inquire about their return policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • spoiledchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
michelle5959
  • kitchenqueen