• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Ever Reject an Organization for Anyone??

In order to hold a fundraiser through Pampered Chef, we need to be sure that the organization is not tax exempt. I am reaching out to see if you are able to provide me with this information. If not, I am afraid we won't be able to help you. I understand that this may be a difficult request and I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
chefShelby
Hello all! Just found this group!

I have a couple organizations, one high school reunion committee and one holiday party commitee, that aren't tax exempt organizations. I've been getting mixed opinions as to whether or not they are able to do a fundraiser with PC if they aren't a tax-exempt non-profit charitable organization.

Has anyone ever encountered anything like this and if so, did you run into any problems?

I have an email into Field Services (wanted it in writing) but I'm curious if anyone has run into a problem ever with a fundraiser for an organization?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Shelby

fundraisers and taxesI have done fundraisers for several groups. One was a local TOPS group. They do not have a tax exempt number and it was not a problem. I believe we can even do a fund raiser for an individual - like a child with cancer where there is a fund set up for them at a bank or something.

The tax exempt status really doesn't help groups anymore any way. When we had the fund raising cards they could sell those items tax exempt if they had that status but the Kitchen Show fund raiser is different. The guests still have to pay the taxes on what they order. The only order that could be tax exempt is one that the organization (like a day care or church) might place to stock their own kitchen. Pampered Chef sends the check made out to the organization and I do not believe they add any tax to that check.

Hope this helps.

tax exemptIt is my understanding that we can do a fundraiser for anyone - tax exempt or not. It can be for any "real" cause...child wants to go to ball camp, person with illness and a lot of medical bills, someones home burned and they lost everything...as long as it is a legitimate need. I think the tax exempt status will only apply to the person ordering who is tax exempt...perhaps a local business owner who wants to use the products in their kitchen, or the local school board who wants to give their product as a gift for their teachers, etc. And, the tax exempt law is different in the different states. Some businesses are tax exempt for equipment purchases and some only for products they will be reselling. You will have to have a copy of each tax exempt certificate that is used.

Shawnna

I got this back from field services so I guess it's a go!

Thank you for contacting Field Services. They do not have to be tax exempt. If they were, they would only be able to use that towards purchases for example their church or school kitchen. The guests would not be able to utilize that tax number . Please let me know if we can be of further
assistance. Have a great day today.

Beth Brigham said:
I have done fundraisers for several groups. One was a local TOPS group. They do not have a tax exempt number and it was not a problem. I believe we can even do a fund raiser for an individual - like a child with cancer where there is a fund set up for them at a bank or something.

Hope this helps.
Hi
wondering if you could email me with how a fundraiser for an individual with cancer would work. Just starting at this and talking to people makes it a little easier for my mathchallenged mind to understand; thanks
Sanne

fundraiser for an individual
Sannemomof4 said:
Hi
wondering if you could email me with how a fundraiser for an individual with cancer would work. Just starting at this and talking to people makes it a little easier for my mathchallenged mind to understand; thanks
Sanne

If someone wanted to do a fundraiser for an INDIVIDUAL, I would first ask if there is a fund set up somewhere (there often is one at a bank or credit union). Once I had the details from the person coordinating the event I would call Pampered Chef Home Office to verify that they would accept what the organizer wants to do.

If it's a scout troop or a church or other ORGANIZATION I wouldn't worry about it. Pampered Chef will write the check to the organization. I did several for our local band and PC sent the check to me (I was also coordinator) written out to "EHS Band Boosters".

Hope this helps!

How do you enter the organization?How and where do you enter who the check will be mailed to?

The check is mailed to whomever held the show and had the items shipped to.

Host interested in fundraisersFor my customers who mark "yes" on the Door Prize slip for fundraisers.

I would like to send a letter from Pampered Partner to them before doing the customer care call. That way, they can read ahead of time and ask more questions.

I think it should include a fundraiser for individual, group and the cookbook fundraiser, and what the organization gets from the proceeds.

Does anyone have one of these or can you refer me to where it is all written out?

Thanks a bunch,
Jacque' Meyer

I would suggest you do the call first. The reason is people are very excited about attending the show and will share that enthusiasm with whomever they are selling the idea to. If you wait for a letter to come in the mail...enough time before you call them....talk with them....their enthusiasm might dwindle. You want to get them while they are most excited.

I have been following the discustion about the fundraising and I was wondering what is a cookbook fundraiser, it's the first time I hear about it.
thanks

Pampered Chef used to offer a cookbook fundraiser, but it was discontinued a while ago.

I did this when the cookbooks were on sale as a guest special. You sell the cookbooks at their regular price and the group gets the difference betweeen the special price and regular price.

I have an excel spreadsheet I got last year, but it is not worth passing on. (Not very good...no prices or graphics).

1. Can any organization be rejected by Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef reserves the right to reject any organization that does not align with our values and mission.

2. What factors does Pampered Chef consider when deciding to reject an organization?

Pampered Chef considers factors such as the organization's values, mission, and potential impact on our brand and customers when deciding whether to reject an organization.

3. Is there a specific process for organizations to apply to work with Pampered Chef?

Yes, organizations must complete an application and meet certain criteria before being considered for a partnership with Pampered Chef. This helps ensure that we are working with organizations that align with our values and mission.

4. How can I find out if an organization has been rejected by Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef does not publicly disclose which organizations have been rejected. However, we strive to maintain transparency and integrity in all of our partnerships.

5. What should I do if I believe an organization has been wrongly rejected by Pampered Chef?

If you believe an organization has been wrongly rejected by Pampered Chef, we encourage you to reach out to our customer service team and provide any relevant information for us to review. We value feedback and are always looking to improve our processes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wendyhod
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lhand0124
  • CraftyCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedChef