• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef & Direct Sales in the News

In summary, the direct sales industry has seen a significant increase in the number of people joining these companies, as shown by the reported 10% year-over-year increase in new sales consultants for PC, 22% for Mary Kay, and 20% for Avon. However, this increase in consultants has not resulted in increased revenue for the companies, as overall industry sales were 5.8% lower in 2008 compared to 2007. While this trend may seem appealing, it's important for individuals to do their research and approach direct sales with caution to avoid potential pitfalls.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
I've heard stories on the tv and radio about the increase in the people who are joining direct sales companies these days.

In the July 28 Washington Post, they had an article ("Avon Calling - for More Sales Representatives") with some numbers in it. The direct sales industry struggles with falling consumer demand while recruiting more reps. PC reported a 10% year-over-year increase in new sales consultants in the second quarter, while Mary Kay saw 22% and Avon had 20%. Increased # of consultants has not resulted in increased revenue for the companies. Industry sales were 5.8% lower in 2008 than in 2007. While no company is recession-proof, the newly recruited consultants do add to the businesses' growth potential.

Just thought it was interesting to see some concrete numbers, both on recruiting and sales.

Oh Becca,

That is definitely good to know! I've mentioned the theory, but stats makes it meaningful. Did you get those stats from the article? Could you email me the article?

Very useful! Thanks for sharing

As someone who has been involved in direct sales in the past, I can definitely attest to the increase in people joining these companies. It seems like every other day, I see a new friend on social media announcing that they have joined a direct sales company. And I can understand why - the idea of being your own boss and potentially earning a lot of money can be very appealing. However, I do have some concerns about the sustainability of this trend. As the article mentioned, while the number of consultants is increasing, the overall sales for the industry are declining. This could be due to a variety of factors, such as oversaturation of the market or a decrease in consumer spending. I also worry about the potential for these companies to take advantage of their consultants. From my experience, there can be a lot of pressure to constantly recruit and sell, and the emphasis on earning commissions and bonuses can sometimes overshadow the actual product. It's important for people to do their research and make sure they are joining a reputable company that truly values their consultants.That being said, I do believe that direct sales can be a great opportunity for some people. It can provide flexibility and a source of income, especially for those who may not have the ability to work a traditional 9-5 job. But it's important for individuals to go into it with realistic expectations and not get caught up in the hype. Overall, I think it's interesting to see the concrete numbers behind this trend, but it's also important to approach direct sales with caution and make sure it's the right fit for you before jumping in.

What is Pampered Chef and what does it offer?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and food products through in-home cooking shows and online sales. Its products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable.

What sets Pampered Chef apart from other direct sales companies?

Pampered Chef has a strong commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction. All of its products go through rigorous testing and are backed by a satisfaction guarantee. Additionally, the company provides ongoing training and support for its consultants to help them succeed in their business.

How can I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

To become a consultant for Pampered Chef, you can sign up through their website or through an existing consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes products and business materials, and pay a one-time enrollment fee. As a consultant, you can earn commissions on sales and have the opportunity to build a team and earn additional bonuses.

What kind of events can I host with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of events, including in-home cooking shows, virtual parties, and fundraiser events. You can also participate in vendor events and fairs to showcase and sell Pampered Chef products. The company provides support and resources to help you plan and host successful events.

How has Pampered Chef and direct sales in general been in the news recently?

Pampered Chef has been featured in various media outlets for its commitment to giving back to the community and supporting charitable causes. It has also received recognition for its innovative products and business model. As a whole, direct sales companies have been gaining more attention and recognition for their impact on the economy and their ability to provide flexible earning opportunities for individuals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • June Moore
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheFreddiesCook