• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using a Pampered Chef decal on your car for business leads?

I got a new decal for my Sportage that I placed on the outside of my car, with the PC logo from Merrill and other lettering from JeriSigns.com. It was easy to apply and cost less than $25. Other consultants in the conversation are also considering using this marketing strategy and wondering about the tax implications. Some have already tried it and have had success.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hey all! This is what my new decal looks like on the back of my Sportage. I got the PC part of it from Merrill, and the rest from JeriSigns.com I am really hoping to get leads from this....just another way to get my name out there!

PCCarDecal.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome...good luck with your new marketing strategy!

It looks great!! Be sure to keep lots of catalogs in your car for when you are parked somewhere and approached by customers!!

Wow, that looks great. Was it hard to apply?

dwyerkim said:
Wow, that looks great. Was it hard to apply?
No!! In fact, I was so excited to put it on, that the day I applied them it was quite windy and I am probably lucky that I got them on straight!! I was like a kid on Christmas morning and I didn't want to wait! LOL

That's great. I wasn't sure if we were allowed to advertise like that. I might have to do something like this.

I love that Kelly, it looks great. Is that done from the inside or outside?
Good luck with it, hope you get lots of business! I may have to do it as well.

We are allowed to advertise like that- you should see my director's PC-mobile!!!

BTW, my decal from JeriSigns.com WITH shipping was less than $12...and the Merrill decal (not including their outrageous shipping...I ordered other things on that order...)was $10!

So, for less than $25 I have a pretty darn nice looking decal on my vehicle! I am VERY happy!

pckrissy said:
I love that Kelly, it looks great. Is that done from the inside or outside?
Good luck with it, hope you get lots of business! I may have to do it as well.
It's on the outside! If it was inside, I don't think you could see it due to the fact that my side/back windows are all pretty dark!

sslangley said:
That's great. I wasn't sure if we were allowed to advertise like that. I might have to do something like this.
We just can't use the PC logo except through a licensed vendor. So, since I ordered the logo through Merrill, I am fine!

I thought about a decal but my back window (Ford Focus) is at such an angle that I don't think you would be able to see it real well

Hey Kelly, that looks AWESOME!! I'm gonna get me one. :D

On the Merrill site, where did you find the logo so BIG? The one I ordered from Merrill is like 5 inches across. Hmm.

Is it a Cling or Vinyl Lettering??

Looks great! I've been trying to decide it I want to do this to my car too.

I was wondering if we could write off our car payment as advertisement? I have a PC friend who has permanent pc info on both sides and back of her SUV. Her tax girl saw no problem writing it all off as advertisement. I just purchased a new SUV (Outlander!!!) and spoke to my tax man about adding the PC info and he said no way.

We both live in the same state. She got a killer refund.

Does anyone know?

That's what I was thinking...I thought that was why Realtors and such put their logo on their cars....doesn't it then become like a business vehicle? I am not good at this kind of stuff but I thought you could...definately worth looking into..

She wrote off more than $400 a month. Her husband and her had over a $10,000 refund! I am thinking $391 times 12 would ROCK!! Because, right now, that payment is kind of scaring me.

Buyers Remorse is what they call it. It only lasts until I get in it and love the sweet ride!!

Pampered Laura said:
Is it a Cling or Vinyl Lettering??
On Merrills site, it says Window Decal and it's 4" tall x 11" long
Here's the item number: 714000500
It is an actual clear sticker that stick directly onto the window. Honestly, the lettering that Jeri made me looks like they will stay on better than the PC logo. I think the logo will stay on for a long time, but not years and years...the lettering looks/seems like it will NOT come off till I purposely TAKE it off!

and could we still claim our miles?

That looks great!!! Please keep up posted on the responses/leads you get from your marketing strategy.

Kelly, which did you order from Jeri Signs.com? The cling on or the vinly lettering & how did you get it so cheap? The one I saw wasn't bad but it was $17.50..unless I am looking at the wrong thing. Sorry for all the questions...

pckrissy said:
Kelly, which did you order from Jeri Signs.com? The cling on or the vinly lettering & how did you get it so cheap? The one I saw wasn't bad but it was $17.50..unless I am looking at the wrong thing. Sorry for all the questions...

Ya that! :D

pckrissy said:
Don't be sorry for the questions! Here is what my order says...

1 ea. Vinyl Lettering By The Sq. Ft.
Color 1 - White
Sign Information - www.PamperedChef.biz/KellysPage
330-877-6370

This is what I wrote in the "comments" section when I ordered.
(If you order from her, you can tell her you want it the same as she made mine, which was order #1360)
I have a decal for The Pampered Chef (4 inches tall x 11 inches long) from one of our authorized vendors. I would like to get the vinyl stick on letters to place under my logo sticker. It can be a total of 2 feet long and 4 inches tall. I would like my website listed on the first line (centered) and then my phone number on the second line (centered.) Do you have a font that would "match" the Pampered Chef logo font? Thanks!

Thanks Kelly!

I just went to the site and here's how I ordered:

On the left side of homepage choose "Fully Customized Signs"

Then choose "Vinyl Lettering"

Then choose "Vinyl Lettering by the sq. foot"

Aah! Needed some guidance on that site. Thanks!!
I just peeked at your website, I love checking them out...I love the "little bit about me" section....I really hope I get a chance to met you in Chicago!
Everyone on this site is great, I am so glad I stumbled upon it.

pckrissy said:
Aah! Needed some guidance on that site. Thanks!!
I just peeked at your website, I love checking them out...I love the "little bit about me" section....I really hope I get a chance to met you in Chicago!
Everyone on this site is great, I am so glad I stumbled upon it.
Krissy~

Thanks for the compliment! Hope to meet you at conference, too! I am so excited with this company how much everyone wants to SHARE and help one another! If I found a good deal, I just want to pass it along to others so their business can benefit too!

Just a word of caution re: advertising on your vehicle -

In Michigan, if you advertise on your vehicle, it automatically becomes a Business Vehicle, and your insurance rates SKYROCKET!!!! You might want to check w/ your insurance company before putting decals on your car!

The PC one is fine, it's only when you start listing contact info, etc......(at least in Michigan - I/m sure it differs by state.)

Woohoo! I just ordered mine, exactly like you said. Thanks a bunch for the suggestion, Kelly!

Chefgirl2 said:
I was wondering if we could write off our car payment as advertisement? I have a PC friend who has permanent pc info on both sides and back of her SUV. Her tax girl saw no problem writing it all off as advertisement. I just purchased a new SUV (Outlander!!!) and spoke to my tax man about adding the PC info and he said no way.

We both live in the same state. She got a killer refund.

Does anyone know?

I would get an instruction booklet or call the IRS and ask them the question about writing of your vehicle expense. I know that when I was filling my taxes out online and added my Schedule for my business there were questions that owul dhave allowed me to write-off my payment if it a business vehicle, but I was not sure how to do it. Maybe you should call whoever does your firends taxes! I would just call the IRS directly though and ask them how does a vehicle qualify as a business vehicle.

I just had another friend say absolutely not...it is miles or maintanance.

But isn't this the same as advertising in a bullitin? Is that spelled correctly?

Chefgirl2 said:

But isn't this the same as advertising in a bullitin? Is that spelled correctly?
bulletin
:D

Kelly did you have to give jeri's the logo on the decal, or did they have one?

Chefgirl2 said:

I don't know for your state, but Federal you may claim depreciation not car payments. You can claim the purchase price of a specialized vehicle that can not be used except for work (for exaple an 18 wheeler or cement truck but that would go in the profit & loss analysis). You can however claim both depreciation & mileage. My husband owns a small transportation company so we just dealt with his vehicles and taxes. Your friend may have claimed the monthly car payments, but that is not accurate and I doubt any CPA actually advised her to do that. However, unless she is audited she'll be fine. In case of an audit the IRS will recalculate what is owed and she may have to return part of her return. Depending on the situation she may incur penalties. Good luck to you. Hope this bit of info helped.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
Kelly did you have to give jeri's the logo on the decal, or did they have one?
The logo part came directly from Merrill, our authorized vendor. Jeri only made the part with my website and phone number.

HOpefully there arent any IRS consultants out there and reading this! LOL

It looks great Kelly ... Maybe I'll do that when my husband deploys .. dont really think he would like driving with that! Can jerisigns do something like that for the side windows? I have three side windows on my Durango and was thinking about doing something like that on the back ones.

I'll have to look into the Jeri's one...I have the Merrill one & it looks nice, but I want my contact info too....thanks!

Ok -- dumb question. Do you guys have apprehensions about this stuff? I mean do you put your home or cell #'s on these things. Call me paranoid, but having my home number on it weirds me out for some reason :)

Like -- if I say... um, acidentally cut someone off and they have insane stalker road rage and plug my home number in on the internet they could like find my house or something. Plus I have two kids -- I don't want some freak seeing me load my kids in the car in some parking lot and pretend to book a party.... eep. Ok -- yeah.. I need to stop now.

Yeah.. I know. I'm paranoid. I'll shut up.

It does look wonderful though and I think I would probably do it, but just change the phone # to my cell # and meet any leads in a well lit public area first..

Hi, Kelly I got the whole Merrill thing but how did jeri's put it on there sign, I guess I am confused with how to give that to them to order.

Sorry if i am not catching on I am blonde and it takes me a few times to Go awww now i get it.:D :)

Hi Jennifer, I agree with you. I wouldn't put any info on that could trace you back to your home. Cell phone # would be good.

Jennifer, my first thought about doing this was exactly the same! I love the idea and it looks great but I am always afraid of the crazy's out there! I have a Now Hiring ad out for recruits and used my cell # instead of my home for the same reason!

I wish that when i had ordered my business cards I had thought it through more carefully and didn't put a lot of info on them. But I went through merrill and used the pic one and want to use up what i have before i change again. But I will diffently not put my Home info on them again for that reason. Sad that the way the world is today we have to be so much more careful.

KellyTheChef said:
BTW, my decal from JeriSigns.com WITH shipping was less than $12...and the Merrill decal (not including their outrageous shipping...I ordered other things on that order...)was $10!

So, for less than $25 I have a pretty darn nice looking decal on my vehicle! I am VERY happy!
Did you have a coupon? Mine is coming out to $20.50 :(

yummybytes said:
Ok -- dumb question. Do you guys have apprehensions about this stuff? I mean do you put your home or cell #'s on these things. Call me paranoid, but having my home number on it weirds me out for some reason :)

Like -- if I say... um, acidentally cut someone off and they have insane stalker road rage and plug my home number in on the internet they could like find my house or something. Plus I have two kids -- I don't want some freak seeing me load my kids in the car in some parking lot and pretend to book a party.... eep. Ok -- yeah.. I need to stop now.

Yeah.. I know. I'm paranoid. I'll shut up.

It does look wonderful though and I think I would probably do it, but just change the phone # to my cell # and meet any leads in a well lit public area first..

I was kind of thinking about this too... I had this jerk cut me off,slam on the brakes (I had to totally slam on the brakes to not hit him and I had my kids in the car) and then he proceeded to flip me off yesterday, I don't know what I did to upset him. But I was thinking about it this morning and thinking I don't want people like that to have my phone number. Maybe just website, but I think our phone number is listed and my phone number is on the website so that would link back to my address. Sad that you have to take these kind of things into consideration.

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
Hi, Kelly I got the whole Merrill thing but how did jeri's put it on there sign, I guess I am confused with how to give that to them to order.

Sorry if i am not catching on I am blonde and it takes me a few times to Go awww now i get it.:D :)

What Jeri made for me was the part that says:

www.PamperedChef.biz/Blah blah blah
330-555-1234

That is applied by itself.

Then, below it, I stuck on the Merrill sticker that says The Pampered Chef.

Hope that makes sense...some times I can't "see" what someone is saying too!

you know what I was wondering,
It doesn't have your name on it.
I was thinking of getting one, but I would want my name on it.
Like this

Melissa Herrera
Pampered Chef Consultant
www.pamperedchef.biz/lllllll
xxx.xxx.xxxx
KWIM?

OH, and I have the Merrill magnets on each side of my expedition, but I want my window decal too!

chefkristin said:
Did you have a coupon? Mine is coming out to $20.50 :(
This is off of her website:

Here's How To Order: Measure the space that you want the vinyl lettering to fit. This could be the door of your vehicle, the window on your business, your mailbox, toolbox, existing blank sign, or whatever. Then multiply the height (in feet) by the width (in feet) of the area the lettering is to fit. This will give you the number of square feet you need to purchase.

I told her I wanted mine to be 4 inches tall (.333333 feet) by 2 feet long at the widest part. So, multiplying .333x 2 = .66666 square feet. So, I only paid for one square foot of decals, which was $6.50. Shipping was $5.05.

If you are still having problems, I would just email her and tell her you want the same set up as Kelly McNamara, order #1360.

HTH!

Chozengirl said:
you know what I was wondering,
It doesn't have your name on it.
I was thinking of getting one, but I would want my name on it.
Like this

Melissa Herrera
Pampered Chef Consultant
www.pamperedchef.biz/lllllll
xxx.xxx.xxxx
KWIM?
I thought about that, but I only wanted it to be so "tall" and I wanted the lettering to be pretty large so people could read it from far away.

If I put my name and PC Consultant that would have added two more lines...I didn't want it taking up the entire back window, but that's just me! That's the cool thing about ordering from her===she makes it exactly the way you want it! She emails you a proof, too, before she actually makes it so she is sure it's what you want!

BTW, I also thought about the whole safety issue of having my info on there and thought if there is such a nutcase out there who really wanted to find me, they could use my license plate number and search on the web. Also, they could use my web site to get my home number...and then go on from there. So, I am just trusting that the good Lord will keep me safe. It sure is crazy though, how we have to think about that AT ALL!! This world is nuts!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
Replies
Views
NooraK