• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Cooking Show and Silpada

In summary, the host received a reply from the person selling Silpada jewelry and they asked if the host would mind the Silpada lady setting up a table at the same time. The host responded that they need to go first and that they would like to do their demo and talk first. The Silpada lady suggested that catalogs not be passed out until the person's turn and that the show should come back around to the host.
Zsu
My host sent me this reply:

.... I also can't remember if I asked you if you would mind my friend who sells Silpada setting up a table at the same time? Let me know. Thanks a lot-K.

How shoud I react?
My thoughts are, sales gets split so less host special with booth company. My demonstration gets interrupted, people want to see and talk about the other company.

What should i say that is polite, but talks her out of the idea.

I am not sure.

Thanks,

Jewelry = Luxury item (plus, aren't they expensive?! I love the stuff...being at Tammy Stanley's seminar with 50+ other Silpada ladies had me drooling, but I'm scared at the price she eluded to).Kitchen/FOOD = More Necessity- and compared to expensive jewelry, is more affordable.I don't know from personal experience, but I'd say about the demo- I'd say- tell her you need to GO FIRST. Tell her that you'd like to do your demo and talk first- so the food can cook ;) while the Silpada lady does her's. People may get busy 'trying stuff on' and then never turn their attention to you. Then make sure you get as much of your booking/talk in while cooking (do some interactive, so you can talk about products, and bookigns, etc, while your customers do the work of prepping the food).I'd also ask that catalogs not be passed out until that person's turn...so they aren't distracted by the jewelry catalog.And tell her it gives the Silpada lady their full attention too...try not to make it sound like this what works best for just YOU..Give a good spin for her friend too. She's going to want to help her friend. When the food comes out of the oven, that's a good way to bring the show back around to you, and/or you can maybe wrap up with your doorprize drawing slips or something. Those are just my ideas on how I'd try to play it - but I'm sure someone who's DONE this sort of co-party can give you more.

Any Silpada Show I've ever been to, there isn't any presentation really...it's just been the Silpada Lady sitting there with her jewelry on display.

A couple things come to mind...People are being invited to a PC show (I'm assuming) and could feel ambushed by having another rep there too.

If both are there, then most people feel like they have to split their $$ between the two, and that can be bad for both. Especially since it's hard to find much besides a pinky ring or simple chain in the Silpada Catalog that is less than $75.

IF she really wants to do well with a PC Show, then it's in her best interest to focus on just one company at a time!

ChefBeckyD said:
IF she really wants to do well with a PC Show, then it's in her best interest to focus on just one company at a time!

I think this is the key. You can tell her, in a nice way, that in order for you AND her to have the most successful show possible, (thus for her to earn the most host benefits), she wants to make sure she's not asking her friends and family to choose where to spend their money that night. Besides, she's got a built in reason to get her girlfriends together again in a couple of weeks for a night of "luxury" oohing and ahhing over jewelry! You're going to help them focus on being budget savvy in the kitchen so they can splurge later!

ChefBeckyD said:
If both are there, then most people feel like they have to split their $$ between the two, and that can be bad for both.

This is what I tell any host who wants to do a dual party. I tell them that a dual party can be successful, but it takes a lot of work. I remind them that people aren't going to spend more money just because there are two product lines, they're going to split whatever they have to spend between the two. That means that in order for the party to be successful, they really need a lot of guests there. As in, rather than inviting 40 and getting maybe 15, they need to invite 80 and get closer to 25-30 there. This usally gets them to re-think the idea, and it's not me directly telling them it isn't going to work.

I have a sneaky feeling that part of the Silpada training is to hook onto Pampered Chef Shows. My cousin's wife just started with Silpada in Nov. and after 4 years of hardly any contact, she called and attempted to be my new best friend! My wheels started turning and I attempted to book a show with her only to have her tell me that she would like to come with me to the shows I had booked for Jan. & Feb. to set out her booklets and a small table. In a very tactful way, I told her "NO" and have distanced myself from her.

I just had a PC/Silpada show on Sunday & it was very successful! In fact, it will probably be my best show to date and probably hit $1,000! The Silpada gal did not do a demo, just answered questions and she too was taking quite a few orders. :) It was pretty much MY show & she was there. They tie together nicely - both women run companies with good values. I did ask her not to hand out catalogs, so they would pay attention. My experience may be an exception, but it worked out well for me. I have also done a combo Sentsy party that worked well too. :)

MLinAZ said:
I think this is the key. You can tell her, in a nice way, that in order for you AND her to have the most successful show possible, (thus for her to earn the most host benefits), she wants to make sure she's not asking her friends and family to choose where to spend their money that night. Besides, she's got a built in reason to get her girlfriends together again in a couple of weeks for a night of "luxury" oohing and ahhing over jewelry! You're going to help them focus on being budget savvy in the kitchen so they can splurge later!

This is excellent wording. It's a great way to re-focus her on Pampered Chef while keeping a positive spin on the other company.

This is going to sound mean, but I call these reps leeches. It drives me insane that when I've worked hard to have a good show (host coaching, mailing everything out, etc), that another rep hears "show" and just comes on in. I just think it's sponging off of the other company-but I guess, hey, who wouldn't want to "leech" off of us. I, too, try to discourage my hosts from this.

Thank you everyone for the great comments.

Zsuzsanna

otisbg said:
I have a sneaky feeling that part of the Silpada training is to hook onto Pampered Chef Shows. My cousin's wife just started with Silpada in Nov. and after 4 years of hardly any contact, she called and attempted to be my new best friend! My wheels started turning and I attempted to book a show with her only to have her tell me that she would like to come with me to the shows I had booked for Jan. & Feb. to set out her booklets and a small table. In a very tactful way, I told her "NO" and have distanced myself from her.

I had met a new Silpada consultant at a networking event and she had asked me how my bookings were for Jan and Feb. I showed her my full calendar and was very willing to give her some booking ideas when she asked me if I would ask my hostesses if it would be alright for her to set up a table at MY shows...:eek:

Just tell her: Of course NOT! :(

As far as a host asking me if she could have someone there with Siulpada. Maybe, but that is a totally different question.

One of my best shows was a combo party. Passions and PC, what a great combination right?? I went first and did the 30 minute chicken and for dessert the strawberry bruschetta (old pc recipe), I also did the cool and creamy chocolate fondue (to kind of tie everything together (sex and chocolate strawberries can't go wrong, right).

I will have to say though that the host worked really hard and came in with about 700 dollars before the show date. I think I would not do it again, it made for a LONG show, because when I was done, the Passions girl took FOREVER for her demo. I had the fondue ready, and pared down my presentation some because I knew people would not want to stay that long!!) Some of the older people left after I finished though, and a few younger ones came after I was done, just for the Passions part.

otisbg said:

I totally feel the same way as you.....

So here is the update on my PC - Silpada show.

Host invited 40 through the website, oops she did not have the time to send the cards out! I kinda knew this group of people so hoped to have some coming. About 13 people showed up including Silpada lady, and a Tastefully Simple lady that i know from fairs.
We made the Mexican Chicken Lasagna. I tried to prep and cook it enough so by the time intro came it was cooking away in the microwave. But early comers saw us cooking the chicken in the micro cooker, oh it turned out so great. Kinda doubled the whole recipe, and had a customer help me put her hands into the sauce and everything. She seemed like she enjoyed it.
I have pulled my usual jokes and warm up sentences on them, which worked great.
They loved the DCB, sold 3 for guests.
Since it was on the last day of Feb, i told in advance to my host that i really want to close the show on the same day. Which usually i don't do.
So we closed the show on Sunday at about 8 pm with a $1040 in comissionable sales only from customer purchases, since she only bought stuff for the free and half price items, plus her 2 60% products.
I think i made the best of the show, and everyone had fun.
Also just to enjoy the moment i sent in the shows i did on this last two weekends. 2 were 900+ and two were 1000+ (including silpada show). Also i earned the HWC free products. WAHOO for myself.
I made over 4k in Feb, so i can go to have fun with my girlfriends. We were planning a girls day (or so) away, before my firend has her new baby in May.

I really love this business!

That's so great! Glad to hear it went so well.

1. Can you explain what a Pampered Chef Cooking Show is?

A Pampered Chef Cooking Show is a live demonstration of Pampered Chef products and recipes, hosted by a consultant. It allows guests to see and try out the products, ask questions, and learn new cooking techniques.

2. What is Silpada and how does it relate to the Pampered Chef Cooking Show?

Silpada is a jewelry company that sells high-quality sterling silver jewelry. It is not directly related to the Pampered Chef Cooking Show, but some hosts may choose to have a Silpada representative set up a table at the same time to offer their products to guests.

3. Will the sales from Silpada affect the host special for the Pampered Chef Cooking Show?

Yes, the sales from Silpada will be split between the two companies, so the host may receive a lower host special than if only Pampered Chef sales were made. However, this can also be a great opportunity for guests to shop from both companies at once.

4. How will the Silpada table affect the demonstration of Pampered Chef products?

The demonstration may be interrupted if guests are interested in the Silpada products and wish to ask questions or make purchases. However, the consultant will do their best to balance both demonstrations and ensure that guests have a positive experience with both companies.

5. Can I opt out of having a Silpada table at my Pampered Chef Cooking Show?

Absolutely. It is ultimately up to the host to decide if they want to have a Silpada table at their show. If you do not wish to have a Silpada table, you can politely communicate this to your consultant and they will respect your decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinhoward
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • erinhoward
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pam_peredinmadison