• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planner Preference: HO vs FC - Which do You Prefer?

I like it. It has all the info I need, but I don't use the monthly part very much because I keep everything in the daily section. With the FC, I know right away when a show is cancelled or if I can't go because of work.I like both planners. I use the PC planner for my business and personal details, but I use the free one from PC to show my calendar to potentional hosts at shows. They don't need to see my day to day stuff, you know?

PC planners from HO or Franklin Covey PC Planners?

• PC planner from HO

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • Franklin Covey PC Planner

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Something else...

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DanielleQ
I'm almost new (sign my agreement this week), but I have a question about these. Which do you all prefer? The planners that HO sends or the FC planners and why?

I use the calandar PC sends so I dont have to go get one I have never been a day planner kind of person

I use both. I use the PC FC one for my business and personal details, but I use the free one from PC to show my calendar to potentional hosts at shows. They don't need to see my day to day stuff, you know?

I like the PC planner. It has worked great for me this year and I didn't have to buy it.

MY PC one fits in the FC planner I bought so I guess I will use that..........

:)

Same a Erin. I like the FC but I did not utilize it like I should - and I like having a 3 ring binder. I will use the PC one this year but I am putting it in a nice black 1" binder with looseleaf paper and pockets. That way all my stuff is together!

I use both. I keep my PC one with me for shows & when going around town so I know my open dates. I don't show it to potential hosts--I printed off monthly calendars from PP & put little stickers on the dates I have open, but I like keeping it with me so I know why I can't work certain days. I have the FC one on my desk at work & put my to do list for the day in it. I also put down on that one when I need to call hosts & which coaching call it is, when to do CCC & for which show, etc. I don't use the monthly part of the FC one very much--mostly day to day.

DebbieJ said:
I use both. I use the PC FC one for my business and personal details, but I use the free one from PC to show my calendar to potentional hosts at shows. They don't need to see my day to day stuff, you know?

My director actually recommended the opposite. Fill your calendar you show to potential hosts with all the day to day stuff, but just mark it as busy with a different color filling it in or something. My director's reasoning is this: if you look busy, people will be more eager to book with you. It will also encourage them to set a date there and then, because obviously times are filling up fast! Just a thought. :)

To answer the question of the poll: I just use the PC one from HO. I like that it's taken care of for me and that I don't have to order one. However, I've never seen the FC one.

I have never seen the FC one either. I use the one HO supplies and I put it in a binder w/ a catalog, host info sheets, loosleaf paper, and other odds and ends I like to have on hand.

I'm cheap. I use the free one. Plus, I use a Palm Pilot w/Outlook for work. I just mark "private" on there for my show times and I make a note on the PC calendar what days are out due to work. Works for me!

I am still unsure of this.
I liked the super starter calendar because it could take a beating and I was a bit disappointed when I got my new one. I don't think it will hold up. I was thinking of ordering the covey ane but I am not sure.
Does anyone have one and absolutley LOVE it.
Or absolutely HATE it.
and of course why.
Thanks

My thoughts (not that they're worth much):

I love the planner HO sends us. It's the kind of calendar my mom always had to search for when I was a kid. The squares are nice and big for lots of notes and appointments (or a host phone number with their show time), and there isn't a lot of junk taking up room on the page. The numbers are easy to read, and the days of the week are in the usual places (a friend is a TW consultant and her calendar from supply order has Sun at the end of the week - not intuitive to read).

BUT-- the spiral binding does tend to get a little flattened throughout the year, and it doesn't fit in a purse. No big deal - pick up a freebie Hallmark pocket calendar for the purse (since most of my bookings come from shows and phone time when I have the bigger calendar anyway).

I also have the FC PC planner. It was changed for 2007, some ways for the better and some ways not so much. I like that they added tabs on the monthly pages, to it's easier to open to a future month. But they incorporated the phone pages into the calendar, which will require rewriting info for next year and makes the whole thing thicker. Frankly, I don't know why I ordered the 2007 FC planner. I always intend to use the system, but never seem to quite do so.

One thing I got out of and want to start again is carrying my "office in a binder", which will include the PC calendar. Love that it's punched so we can pop it in a binder if we want to!

But it all boils down to personal preference. Calendars are like purses/wallets. Everyone is used to one way of doing things, and it's such a personal decision that no one solution will satisfy everyone.

Wonderfully put Ann!
It is so about finding out what works best for you!!

chefann said:
Frankly, I don't know why I ordered the 2007 FC planner. I always intend to use the system, but never seem to quite do so.

But it all boils down to personal preference. Calendars are like purses/wallets. Everyone is used to one way of doing things, and it's such a personal decision that no one solution will satisfy everyone.

Ann,

I so agree.

I "planned" to use the FC last year. . .just didn't utilize it like I should. So, I'm holding off on getting the 2007. I'm working on organizing my life (an ongoing effort :rolleyes: ) and will decide later if it will be the HO planner or FC's. I used my HO office planner for the first four years of my business with much success. Perhaps it's time for me to get back to basics.

It is a VERY personal decision. I lover purses and planners and I can't imagine someone buying either of those items for me.

I used the PC one this year until it fell apart in August - then I broke down and got a FC one. I also got a new FC one for 07 and am happy I did. I think it looks professional, not ragged like the PC one did after 4 months of me using it. I'm pretty hard on stuff I use on a regular basis!

There was another thread on here somewhere about the free pc calendar but I don't remember where. I loved loved loved the one I got in my SS kit. I do not like the one I just got with the spiral binding. I am going to take someone's suggestion on the other thread that said to put it in a binder. That way I can keep my catty's and paper and other business essentials all together, and all protected by the binder. I saw the FC one at conference, but it looked like I might spend more time organizing it than using it. I am a simple kind of gal I guess. :)

So the planner in the SS kit and the planner HO sends are different?

The planner in the SS Kit is the same size, just not spiral bound and no pockets.

Koolotus said:
I am still unsure of this.
I liked the super starter calendar because it could take a beating and I was a bit disappointed when I got my new one. I don't think it will hold up. I was thinking of ordering the covey ane but I am not sure.
Does anyone have one and absolutley LOVE it.
Or absolutely HATE it.
and of course why.
Thanks

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Franklin Covey planner. I like the fact that it has both month-at-a-glance and weekly sections. The weekly pages are great. I like being able to see the day's schedule easily. I use another planner in my purse.

For those of you who haven't seen the FC planner, you might like to know that it has the deadlines, tips, and such just like the PC planner.

I'm a very organized person. (I'm not neat, but that's another subject.) I like to sit down at the beginning of each week and transfer my schedule from the monthly pages to the weekly planning pages and make sure my purse organizer is current & correct. It helps me to get my head straight for the week.

I spend a few minutes most mornings reviewing my schedule. It helps me to feel a little more in control of my day.

Of course, I think calendars/planners are a very personal item. Part of the reason I like the FC planner is that it helps me keep my PC business, my Publication Design business/ministry, and my temp work straight, along with all the other appointments that fill our lives. What works for me would drive my husband (and several of my friends) nuts.

I'm excited about the tabs on the new FC planner, as well as the pockets. I agree, though, that the phone/address section is worthless for me. I keep those records elsewhere.

I would suggest asking if anyone in your cluster has a FC planner. If they do, ask if they would be willing to let you have a look, just so you could get an idea of the features it offers.

2007 planner and starter kit...I just signed this month and got my starter kit today! I was/am really excited, but then i looked at my PC planner and it is for 2006! There are only 3 days left!!! It does go to February, but I really like this calendar and was wondering if anyone knew of a way for me to get the PC 2007 calendar??

I signed in Nov and got the 2006 one in my kit too. About 2 weeks later I came home and the new 2007 one was stuck in my door waiting for me. They shipped my kit then shipped the updated planner out by itself. You'll probably get one soon too.

All there kits have the 2006 ones, if you don't receive one in about 2 weeks call HO and they will ship one out to you.

thanks, i'll keep an eye out for it.

This will be my first year using the one from HO. I decided to give it a try. When I first started selling, I had bought a Franklin Covey at Target. I love it because it has a built in "money bag" (that's what I use it for anyway), but it does take up more room in my tote. I am also trying to be very tight with my money this year, and I don't want to buy a refill for it :rolleyes:

My director gave me a FC one that she had extra last summer. For those that are organizing challenged, it worked out well for me. Kept everything in one place. But it's a personal choice. If I were starting out, I would give the one that HO sents out and see if that works for you. If so, you have saved some $$. If not, go ahead and get the FC.. probably after Feb or Mar they will be marked down and you can save a few cents.

I love my planner from HO - it's perfect for me

What is the difference between a HO planner and a FC planner?

A HO (Host-Only) planner is a planner that is exclusive to Pampered Chef hosts, while a FC (Family Consultant) planner is available for all consultants to use.

What features are included in the HO planner?

The HO planner includes pages for party planning, host coaching, and tracking host rewards.

What features are included in the FC planner?

The FC planner includes pages for goal setting, tracking sales and bookings, and managing team members.

Which planner do most consultants prefer?

This is a matter of personal preference and varies among consultants. Some may prefer the exclusive features of the HO planner, while others may prefer the more comprehensive features of the FC planner.

Can I use both planners simultaneously?

Yes, you can use both planners simultaneously. However, we recommend choosing one planner to focus on for better organization and efficiency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jen1409
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jenniferm
  • Poll
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann