• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with Doubling Cake Mix: Will it Taste & Feel Right?

In summary, doubling the cake mix can result in a thicker batter, but as long as all ingredients are doubled and it is cooked through, it should turn out fine with a denser, brownie-like texture. Taste may vary depending on the recipe used.
heat123
Silver Member
HI-
I am making it right now for a show tonight. My question is I doubled the recipe from 9 oz cake mix to 18 oz. Is it supposed to be pasty like a brownie batter or runny like a cake? Mine turned out pasty like a brownie. It's baking as I speak. did I do something wrong? As I doubled the mix I also doubled the rest of the ingredients. I'm arfraid of how it will turn out- taste and texture wise?? HELP!

It is normal for the batter to be thicker when you double the cake mix. As long as you doubled all of the other ingredients too, it should turn out fine. You can check it by sticking a toothpick in the center to see if the cake is cooked through. If the toothpick comes out clean, it should be okay. If it's still a bit gooey, leave it in for a few minutes more. As for taste and texture, it will likely be more dense and chewy like a brownie instead of light and fluffy like a cake.

Hi there,Doubling the recipe can sometimes change the consistency of the batter. It's possible that the batter may be a bit thicker and more pasty due to the increased amount of ingredients. As long as you followed the recipe correctly and doubled all the ingredients, the end result should still turn out delicious.In terms of texture, it may be a bit denser and fudgier since it resembles a brownie batter. However, it should still have a cake-like texture once it's baked.As for taste, it's hard to say without knowing the specific recipe you used. But as long as you followed the instructions and measurements accurately, it should still taste great.I hope your dessert turns out well and is a hit at the show tonight! Let us know how it goes.

1. Can I simply double the ingredients in a cake mix to make a larger cake?

No, doubling a cake mix does not guarantee the same taste and texture as the original. It is important to follow the instructions on the package for best results.

2. What can I do to ensure my doubled cake mix comes out correctly?

To ensure a successful doubled cake mix, it is recommended to use two separate cake mixes and follow the instructions on each package. This will ensure the correct ratios of ingredients for a well-balanced and tasty cake.

3. Will doubling the cake mix affect the baking time?

Yes, doubling a cake mix will likely result in a longer baking time. It is important to check the cake for doneness by using a toothpick or cake tester before removing it from the oven.

4. Can I add additional ingredients to a doubled cake mix?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients such as chocolate chips or nuts to a doubled cake mix. Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly and keep an eye on the cake as it bakes.

5. Is it possible to use a different pan size when doubling a cake mix?

Yes, you can use a different pan size when doubling a cake mix, but it is important to adjust the baking time accordingly. A larger pan may require a longer baking time, while a smaller pan may require a shorter baking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies