1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Payer's for DH

1. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

DH is having gastric bypass surgery tomorrow and he is going to find out today at 10:10 PST if it will be done laparoscopricaly or the 6" incision. All along he has been working for it to be done laparoscopic but was given a big blow the Friday after Thankgiving and was told he had to lose 27 lbs by today. He has been on 2 protein drinks (160 caleries each) and water since then. He had already been on a clear liquid diet since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Once in a while he will have some sugar free jello.

Please pray that he get's good news and he has lost enough weight to have the surgery laparascopic versus the incision.

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
    Dec 7, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Praying Laurie - that all will go well! He is a brave man...and also very determined if he's been doing the liquid diet for that long already!

Dec 7, 2009
  3. leslieprichett

leslieprichett Member

I am praying for him

I had gastric bypass (the roux-en-y) almost 9 years ago. I didn't have it laproscopicly (sp?) but had the incision. My incision thankfully is only about 2 inches long and it healed easily and well.

Good luck to him with this new chance at life! :)

4. pamperedpals

Update!

DH found out his surgery is going to be done laprascopic tomorrow. Yeah!:D This will definately help on the recovery time. I am so happy for him. He has worked to hard this year to make this happen. He lost 20 lbs in two weeks. To me that is just amazing.

So we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am tomorrow morning for his surgery. It starts at 7:30 am and he is the first one on the list. I pray all goes well tomorrow.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayer's.

Dec 7, 2009
  5. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

Laurie, your husband will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery! You will be in my prayers for strength!! :)

6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Prayers said.

Dec 8, 2009
  7. BadGirl

BadGirl Member Gold Member

Wishing your husband much luck and success for his surgery. He'll come out just fine....and with the excitement of knowing that great things await him through his journey to a thinner and healthier person.

I had RNY done 15 months ago, and I am thrilled with my decision. My only regret, if you call it that, is that I didn't have it done years ago.

Dec 8, 2009
  8. pamperedpals

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I am in the waiting room, working and playing. We have been at the hospital since 5 am and that was with 3hrs of sleep. His surgery will be over by 11:45 am.

I am really proud of my husband for making this life changing decision. He is a very strong man and I look forward to spening many, many, many years (more now) with him.

Dec 8, 2009
  9. twinchefs

twinchefs Advanced Member Gold Member

Sending prayers

Dec 8, 2009
  10. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

keeping your family in my thoughts

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted