• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for DH's Gastric Bypass Surgery

In summary, DH is having gastric bypass surgery tomorrow, and he will find out today if it will be done laparoscopically or with a 6" incision. He has been working to have it done laparoscopically, but was told he needed to lose 27 lbs by today. He has been on a liquid diet and has lost 20 lbs in two weeks. The surgery will start at 7:30 am tomorrow and he is the first one on the list. His wife is proud of him for making this life-changing decision.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
DH is having gastric bypass surgery tomorrow and he is going to find out today at 10:10 PST if it will be done laparoscopricaly or the 6" incision. All along he has been working for it to be done laparoscopic but was given a big blow the Friday after Thankgiving and was told he had to lose 27 lbs by today. He has been on 2 protein drinks (160 caleries each) and water since then. He had already been on a clear liquid diet since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Once in a while he will have some sugar free jello.

Please pray that he get's good news and he has lost enough weight to have the surgery laparascopic versus the incision.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Praying Laurie - that all will go well! He is a brave man...and also very determined if he's been doing the liquid diet for that long already!

I am praying for him

I had gastric bypass (the roux-en-y) almost 9 years ago. I didn't have it laproscopicly (sp?) but had the incision. My incision thankfully is only about 2 inches long and it healed easily and well.

Good luck to him with this new chance at life! :)

Update!DH found out his surgery is going to be done laprascopic tomorrow. Yeah!:D This will definately help on the recovery time. I am so happy for him. He has worked to hard this year to make this happen. He lost 20 lbs in two weeks. To me that is just amazing.

So we have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am tomorrow morning for his surgery. It starts at 7:30 am and he is the first one on the list. I pray all goes well tomorrow.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayer's.

Laurie, your husband will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery! You will be in my prayers for strength!! :)

Prayers said.

Wishing your husband much luck and success for his surgery. He'll come out just fine....and with the excitement of knowing that great things await him through his journey to a thinner and healthier person.

I had RNY done 15 months ago, and I am thrilled with my decision. My only regret, if you call it that, is that I didn't have it done years ago.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I am in the waiting room, working and playing. We have been at the hospital since 5 am and that was with 3hrs of sleep. His surgery will be over by 11:45 am.

I am really proud of my husband for making this life changing decision. He is a very strong man and I look forward to spening many, many, many years (more now) with him.

keeping your family in my thoughts

1. What exactly is a gastric bypass surgery and how does it work?

A gastric bypass surgery is a type of weight-loss surgery that involves dividing the stomach into a small upper pouch and a larger lower pouch. The small intestine is then rearranged to connect to both pouches, allowing food to bypass the lower stomach and part of the small intestine. This reduces the amount of food you can eat and also changes how your body absorbs nutrients.

2. How long does the recovery process take after a gastric bypass surgery?

The recovery time can vary from person to person, but typically it takes between 4-6 weeks to fully recover from a gastric bypass surgery. During this time, it is important to follow your doctor's instructions and take good care of yourself to ensure a successful recovery.

3. Are there any risks or complications associated with gastric bypass surgery?

As with any surgery, there are potential risks and complications associated with gastric bypass surgery. These can include bleeding, infection, blood clots, and reactions to anesthesia. It is important to discuss these risks with your doctor before undergoing the surgery.

4. How should I prepare for my spouse's gastric bypass surgery?

Preparing for your spouse's surgery involves both physical and emotional support. Make sure to stock up on healthy and easy-to-digest foods for their recovery period, and also be there to provide emotional support and assist with any post-surgery care. It is also important to attend any pre-surgery appointments with your spouse to stay informed about the process.

5. What are some tips for helping my spouse maintain a healthy lifestyle after the surgery?

After the surgery, it is important to work together as a team to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This can include meal planning and preparation, regular exercise, and attending follow-up appointments with their doctor. It is also important to address any emotional challenges that may arise and provide ongoing support and encouragement for your spouse's journey towards a healthier life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • babywings76
  • General Chat