• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Taste of the Tropics with Paula Deen and Pampered Chef Recipes

In summary, PC and Paula Deen are a perfect match with their Taste of the Tropics recipe theme. Paula Deen's recent magazine features an entire section dedicated to tropical recipes that can easily be adapted for Pampered Chef shows. Even Paula Deen herself is using PC products on her show. The magazine can be found at Walmart or Barnes and Noble, and can also be purchased online. However, some may have trouble finding it, but fellow consultant Dianne is willing to buy and mail a copy to anyone in need. Despite the similarities between Paula Deen's products and recipes and Pampered Chef's, she has her own unique appeal with her down to earth personality and interesting backstory. Her recipes may be delicious, but they can
chefdianne
Silver Member
Three cheers for PC and Paula Deen. At least we can be assured that Pampered Chef is right in tune with the Taste of the Tropics recipe theme. I just got my recent Paula Deen issue of her magazine and there is an entire section devoted to an Island getaway with friends and it has all Tropical type recipes in it that look awesomely easy and delicious! Most of the recipes are right in tune with all our PC products and look like they can be easily adapted for shows!! At least this expands our recipe choices for the season and who doesn't love telling being able to tell our guests that even Paula Deen is making Jamaican delights and tropical recipes this season. I swear that she is using our PC products on her show to make her stuff! Anyway, I just had to share the news with people who might appreciate the tip!
:) :) :)

Thanks, Dianne for that information. I'll have to see if I can find her magazine around here.

Harriet, if you can't find the magazine let me know. You can probably get most of it online at her website too through the food channel network site. I can also give you information from the mag itself that might help you get your hands on a copy. If all else fails, you can always email me your home address or business address and I'll buy you a copy and mail it to you directly so you have it.

I love her, I started watching the show on the Food Network Canada one day because of her accent. She makes me laugh so hard sometimes they way she says things:D The other day she made Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus!!

chefdianne said:
Harriet, if you can't find the magazine let me know. You can probably get most of it online at her website too through the food channel network site. I can also give you information from the mag itself that might help you get your hands on a copy. If all else fails, you can always email me your home address or business address and I'll buy you a copy and mail it to you directly so you have it.

Thanks, Dianne. I'll do some snooping around the stores here and if I can't get it sometime this week I'll take you up on your offer!:) You're very sweet!

Diane,

I get her magazine and that was one of the first things I noticed too! I love her!

I forgot to ask where (what store(s)) you found the magazine. Thanks.

Where I live you can find her magazine at Walmart? If you have a Barnes and Noble they probably have one.

KYCHEF said:
Where I live you can find her magazine at Walmart? If you have a Barnes and Noble they probably have one.

Thanks, I have both here. I'll see what I find when I go out shopping.

Walmart has them here too. My mom gets me a subscription for my bday each year since it came out.

chefdianne said:
I swear that she is using our PC products on her show to make her stuff! :) :) :)

I doubt very seriously that she is using PC products. She had her own line of products that seem to mimic PC's. I like Paula too. She has a down to earth personality that makes her appealing to many. She has quite a good "story" too. I find it interesting that her products and recipes are so parrellel to PC's. Guess we are both appealing to the "regular" folk.

I went to my supermarket today and came home with her Easy and Quick Meals magazine instead of the other which I couldn't find there. Guess I'll have to go out again and check another store.

pamperedharriet said:
I went to my supermarket today and came home with her Easy and Quick Meals magazine instead of the other which I couldn't find there. Guess I'll have to go out again and check another store.

Oh I have been wanting that one!! My Walmart ran out before I got it. I have got to go on her website and order it I reckon.

Does it have a lot of good recipes in it? That one is a limited edition one.

I love Paula, too, but I swear every time I watch her show I gain 10 pounds!

I have never seen her magazine, but we're headed to Wally World tonight so I'll see if they have it. I'll have to Weight Watcher-ize her recipes, though!

jrstephens said:
Oh I have been wanting that one!! My Walmart ran out before I got it. I have got to go on her website and order it I reckon.

Does it have a lot of good recipes in it? That one is a limited edition one.

Let's just say that I was drooling over the pictures! It is a collector's edition I think that is what is says on top.

It is supposed to be available until May on the store shelves.

dianevill said:
I love Paula, too, but I swear every time I watch her show I gain 10 pounds!

I have never seen her magazine, but we're headed to Wally World tonight so I'll see if they have it. I'll have to Weight Watcher-ize her recipes, though!

Why Diane--all that BUTTER!!!!!!!!!! LOL:D :D :D :D :D

pamperedharriet said:
Why Diane--all that BUTTER!!!!!!!!!! LOL:D :D :D :D :D

What, don't you think a couple of spritzes of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" could replace the butter she uses? Or would that be a coupla thousand spritzes:eek: !?!

dianevill said:
What, don't you think a couple of spritzes of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" could replace the butter she uses? Or would that be a coupla thousand spritzes:eek: !?!

She is too much for sure! I hear you loud and clear! I just couldn't resist to write that Diane!:D :D

My 6 point Lean Cuisine is really good right now....not! Dying for some of her biscuits!

Her Lady & Sons homemade mac n cheese is the bomb! You've got to try it!
The secret is the sour cream and egg. It gives any homemade version a little something people just can't figure out but they know it's better than anything they would ever make themselves. Every recipe I have ever made of hers always comes out awesome.

I'm a Paula lover too!! Of course I've said that many times before.

rennea said:
I love her, I started watching the show on the Food Network Canada one day because of her accent. She makes me laugh so hard sometimes they way she says things:D The other day she made Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus!!

your quote rocks.

Now I just have to go buy it! This is the second thread today that has talked about Paula Dean and her magazine! I am an absolute reading freak! I love to read and I love books and magazines! I think I am going to look for it at Walmart tomorrow!
I absolutely adore Paula Dean and I love, love, love, love her "Paula's Party" on Friday nights! IMHO you can't help but love her! And she is a business woman truely worth admiring! She is a close second to Doris for me, but I still love Doris more! She earned all her success on her own, raising two boys on her own!
BTW did you know that if you watch Food Network ALOT, you can write off your cable bill? I do, my family knows that Saturday and Sunday mornings are my mornings for food network! And I watch any DVR recordings that I missed during the week while I worked in my office or did shows!
You all have inspired me, I AM going to find and buy me a copy this week!:D ;)

Last edited:
Paula Dean RocksI love this women to death. Maybe its because I'm a Georgia Peach even though I live in Texas now I still have the Georgia Peach attitude like Paula Deen. I will look for this magazine didn't realize she had one.:p :p

chefdianne said:
Her Lady & Sons homemade mac n cheese is the bomb! You've got to try it!
The secret is the sour cream and egg. It gives any homemade version a little something people just can't figure out but they know it's better than anything they would ever make themselves. Every recipe I have ever made of hers always comes out awesome.

MY husband says of all of the things I have tried cooking nothing I have ever done from her recipes has been bad! And he is a very picky eater!

Maybe she does use PC products in her shows. After all she was the one in Empowering Women Magazine with us. Maybe products were one of her extras.

Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) was the tv personality with us in Empowering Women. It would have been great if it would have been Paula Deen...I love her too and everything I make of hers turns out amazing!

MissChef said:
Now I just have to go buy it! This is the second thread today that has talked about Paula Dean and her magazine! I am an absolute reading freak! I love to read and I love books and magazines! I think I am going to look for it at Walmart tomorrow!
I absolutely adore Paula Dean and I love, love, love, love her "Paula's Party" on Friday nights! IMHO you can't help but love her! And she is a business woman truely worth admiring! She is a close second to Doris for me, but I still love Doris more! She earned all her success on her own, raising two boys on her own!
BTW did you know that if you watch Food Network ALOT, you can write off your cable bill? I do, my family knows that Saturday and Sunday mornings are my mornings for food network! And I watch any DVR recordings that I missed during the week while I worked in my office or did shows!
You all have inspired me, I AM going to find and buy me a copy this week!:D ;)

I told y'all, as Paula would say!, that I would go buy it and I did and it seems really good so far! I haven't had a much time to look at it but I can't wait until I get my alone time tonight, after the hubby and kids go to bed, to check it out! Thanks for letting me know about this magazine, if I like it, I will subscribe to it and of course write it off!!!;) :D

Paula Deen Is Awesome!!!I also get her magazine each month and I Love It!!!
I have one of her cookbooks and I tried the Homemade Chicken & Dumplings tonight and it was Awesome and I have never made dumplings before in my life and the flavor of the chicken was GREAT!! Can't wait to try more recipes!!!:D

Did all you Paula watchers ever hear her say on her show..."MMMMM, ugh, that is so good it makes me wanna slap my mama!" The first time I heard her say this I almost fell off the couch laughing! I adore her and I am so thrilled that you are all going out and loving this magazine. My monster in law gave me the subscription to the magazine, knowing I was already a Paula fan. It was probably the nicest thing she has ever done for me. If you haven't already got it, I also recommend the set of cookbooks she has out from her restaraunt "The Lady and Sons Savannah Country Cookbook" and "The Lady and Sons Too" set. Warning - wear a drool bib!!!
I got my set of both at Sams Club (owned by Walmart) for about

Oh, no! What happened to Dianne? Did the evil bookstores take her out before she could tell us how very cheap those books were at Sam's Club?!

sorry....I wasn't done saying that my mom bought me the set and I think it was about $17?? for the two books. I also applied her technique to my own oven baked chicken recipe. Just a dash of hot sauce in the milk makes a HUGE difference. You don't taste it but it does something magical. I don't deep fry the chicken like she does rather I just make it in the Large Stoneware Bar Pan or my Rectangle Baker and Oh dear lord have mercy! My husband is willing to do ANYTHING for it.

Can you hear me ROTFLMAO??? Too funny!!! My fingers were moving faster than my brain and I got all excited. See what happens. I haven't had enough caffeine today and I am draggin. Good thing I have a show tonight to wake me up!

Okay. You have me shaking a little...Bookstore Gestapo? Oh dear. Does someone actually come around and remove me if I mention a book by the name?

If you buy them from her restaurant website www.ladyandsons.com they come autographed by her! That is how my husband got me the latest one for Christmas last year.

And you can sign up for her newsletter. I juat saw this week that she has written a book about herself due out in April. And Jamie and Bobby has a cookbook coming out in April that they have written from their Road Tasted show.

We are going to Savannah for Spring Break just so I can eat at the Lady and Sons and Uncle Bubba's. I cannot wait for next weekend to leave!!!!

chefdianne said:
sorry....I wasn't done saying that my mom bought me the set and I think it was about $17?? for the two books. I also applied her technique to my own oven baked chicken recipe. Just a dash of hot sauce in the milk makes a HUGE difference. You don't taste it but it does something magical. I don't deep fry the chicken like she does rather I just make it in the Large Stoneware Bar Pan or my Rectangle Baker and Oh dear lord have mercy! My husband is willing to do ANYTHING for it.

Can you post your recipe and details of cooking the chicken on the bar pan? Sounds like something I would love to try! We eat so much chicken that I am going to start crowing soon I think!!! ****adoodledoo!!!!!

chefdianne said:
Okay. You have me shaking a little...Bookstore Gestapo? Oh dear. Does someone actually come around and remove me if I mention a book by the name?

It's okay. No need to be frightened. I was attempting a bit of humor in response to your abbreviated post. To the best of my knowledge there is no actual Bookstore Gestapo. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0071.gif

If you do exist, please forgive me. I did not mean to offend you, oh mighty Bookstore Gestapo.)

I meant to post this the other day. I found her magazine at BJ's and bought it. Thanks to all who volunteered to pick it up and mail it to me. I knew I would find it! Just a question of time and where.

1. How can I get my hands on the Paula Deen and Pampered Chef Tropical Recipes?

To access the Paula Deen and Pampered Chef Tropical Recipes, you can purchase the most recent issue of Paula Deen's magazine or visit Pampered Chef's website for the recipes.

2. Are these recipes easy to make?

Yes, these recipes are specifically designed to be easy to make and can be easily adapted for Pampered Chef shows.

3. Can these recipes be made with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, these recipes are created with Pampered Chef products in mind and can be easily made using our products.

4. How can I find more tropical recipes from Pampered Chef?

You can find more tropical recipes on Pampered Chef's website or by browsing through our catalog for seasonal recipes.

5. Do you have any tips for using Pampered Chef products to make these recipes?

We recommend using the Pampered Chef products mentioned in the recipes for the best results. However, you can also use similar products if you do not have the exact ones mentioned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabnat80
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • rebeccastt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • ChefZee