• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rolling Out Dough Without Flour: My New Kitchen Gadget!

In summary, this item has been on my wish list for a while! A guest told me she never uses flour on hers when rolling out dough... is that true???? I won one Tuesday night at my cluster meeting, and plan to use it this weekend.
Jenni
This item has been on my wish list for a while! A guest told me she never uses flour on hers when rolling out dough... is that true???? I won one Tuesday night at my cluster meeting, and plan to use it this weekend.

Jenni said:
This item has been on my wish list for a while! A guest told me she never uses flour on hers when rolling out dough... is that true???? I won one Tuesday night at my cluster meeting, and plan to use it this weekend.

It is so nonstick! I think with a piecrust dough, or a firmer cookie dough, you wouldn't need to use flour. I would though with a stickier dough.

I LOVE mine too! I used it all last Christmas season for my Gift To Go Shows...I demoed the Cranberry Almond Crunch Bark, and poured it out on the pastry mat to harden. I sold a ton of them!
I also use it for No Bake Cookies - I use the medium scoop and just scoop them out on there to cool and harden....and it's also great for peanut brittle (I think that is the recipe that comes with it).

I don't use flour with something like a refrigerated pie dough. I use a little flour when making yeast dough. But, I need to use lots less than in the past, which makes everything better! I love it!

I love, love, love that mat! My DH has one on his desk. He says it makes the best writing pad. He couldn't wait to get one for that when they came out - he almost stole mine!

This is a SUPER pastry mat!

I have had the same results...little to no flour needed, and have made peanut brittle and the almond crunch bark on it (holy cow is that a SUPER YUMMY RECIPE!!)

Don't secure it (rolled up) with a colored rubber band...now mine has a blue stain around it from a blue rubber band. Still works, though!!

I highly recommend this!

This is too funny...I was just telling someone that I needed to get rid of mine because I had no use for it...you all just changed my mind!

That is funny to me too. I have had mine for a year and have NEVER used it. I guess it's time to pull it out and start loving it. lol

I love the pastry mat - and I do NOT make pie crusts. I really thought this would be a silly purchase - but it wasn't.

I use it at EVERY show as my work surface!

I know it is clean and I set the mandoline up and can just let the cheese fall on the mat. I do not cut on it, so I will put a cutting board on it before I cut.

When I wash it, I place it on one of our large towels and roll it up with the towel and store it that way.

Now I have discovered the Peanut Brittle Recipe and use it for that all the time!

I store mine between a couple of my non-stick pans. Folding it isn't an issue, and it's nice and handy when I need it.

I keep mine open flat on the counter. I always have a nice surface to do so many things. I keep a small bar board on it to cut. I never "store" it.:love:

I'm so getting this on my next order!! :)

I'm on my 2nd one now - because a host at a show used the Chef's Knife to cut the Cranberry Almond Bark that was on it!:eek: Sliced it in several different places.:cry:

I bought one from my own show in Dec. to replace it.

I never used to like to do pie crusts because it was such a chore to get them off of my surface (I see my mom with waxed paper...uhg!). Anyway, this made pie crust soooo ez! I even started using it for all my cut out cookies. I sell decorated sugar cookies and they don't squish up when you try to pull them up after cutting. They just come right off the mat. I love the idea of using this with the mandoline! I take that to shows quite often and now I think I will try using the mat too and share all of the neat things it does.

I owned the old one, but never used it. I am starting to think this would be awesome at shows...

How funny, I was just thinkin about this item when I was doing the apple taffy tarts and thought, hmm should I get this?? Now I am convinced I should at least get one for my grams cause she bakes all the time and makes alot of pies~!:p

1. How does the "Rolling Out Dough Without Flour" gadget work?

The gadget uses a non-stick silicone surface to easily roll out dough without the need for flour. The dough will not stick to the surface, making it easy to roll and shape.

2. Is the "Rolling Out Dough Without Flour" gadget easy to clean?

Yes, the silicone surface is easy to clean and can be washed with warm soapy water. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

3. Can this gadget be used for all types of dough?

Yes, this gadget is perfect for all types of dough including pastry dough, pizza dough, and cookie dough. It can also be used for rolling out fondant and other types of icing.

4. Will the dough stick to the gadget?

No, the silicone surface of the gadget is non-stick and the dough will not stick to it. This eliminates the need for flour, making the rolling process much easier and less messy.

5. Can I use this gadget for other purposes besides rolling out dough?

Yes, this gadget can also be used as a non-stick surface for kneading and shaping dough, as well as for rolling out other types of food such as pie crusts or homemade pasta.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cjromero
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
zmom58
Replies
Views
raebates