• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Finding the Perfect Pastry Mat for Cutting Even Pie Crusts

In summary, using a pastry mat for cutting pie crusts provides precise and even crusts, easier clean-up, and prevents sticking. It is recommended to use a mat that is at least 18 inches in diameter for larger pies. The mats can also be used for other baking tasks and come in two materials: silicone and non-slip. To clean, hand wash with warm, soapy water or place in the dishwasher if it is a silicone mat.
byrd1956
Gold Member
I have a host asking a question about the pastry mat for a friend. The friend wants the mat to have places that will help her cut her pie crust evenly. When I look at the pic to me it looks like she should be able to do that, but the host said the lady asked about having bumps or raised areas to keep the lattice pieces even. Anyone have experience with ours? I don't know if the lady has even seen the pic to see if it is what she wants.

The pastry mat is great as far as stuff not sticking to it but it is completely flat so I don't think that's what she wants. There are bands you can purchase to put on the ends of your rolling pin that make it easy to roll it to an even thickness but that's the only thing I know about.

Rubber bands will do the same thing (create an even thickness for rolling things out) for next to nothing. It's what Alton Brown uses.

Thank you. Have passed info on.

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I can assure you that our pastry mat is designed to help with even cutting of pie crusts. It has measurements and guidelines that make it easy to create perfect lattice pieces. However, I understand your friend's concern about having bumps or raised areas. Our pastry mat does not have those features, but I would recommend trying our Crust Cutter & Sealer tool. It has raised edges that can help create even lattice pieces. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any further questions. Happy baking!

What are the benefits of using a pastry mat for cutting pie crusts evenly?

Using a pastry mat for cutting pie crusts allows for a more precise and even crust, resulting in a better overall presentation and taste. It also makes clean-up easier and helps prevent the crust from sticking to the surface.

What size pastry mat is best for cutting pie crusts?

We recommend a pastry mat that is at least 18 inches in diameter to give you enough space to roll out and cut larger pie crusts. However, if you primarily make smaller pies, a 12-inch mat may be sufficient.

Can I use a pastry mat for other baking tasks?

Yes! Our pastry mats are versatile and can be used for other baking tasks such as rolling out cookie dough, kneading bread dough, and even making pizza crusts.

What material should I look for in a pastry mat?

Pampered Chef offers two types of pastry mats: silicone and non-slip. Silicone mats are heat-resistant and perfect for baking, while non-slip mats have a textured surface to prevent slipping and are great for kneading dough.

How do I clean my pastry mat?

To clean your pastry mat, simply hand wash with warm, soapy water and dry with a towel. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials as this may damage the mat. Our silicone mats are also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • laylaleigh
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • anoelle