• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Adventures in Pastry Blending: Aggressive or Incompetent?

In summary, members of the conversation discuss their experiences with the pastry blender, with some finding it useful while others have had trouble with it breaking. They also mention alternative tools, such as the Mix'n Chop, for blending pastry or other ingredients. The Mix'n Chop is praised by many as a versatile and popular tool, with some mentioning its high sales numbers. The conversation also briefly touches on the topic of banket, a traditional Dutch pastry, with some sharing their recipes and experiences making it.
jbondr
Gold Member
Am I the only one having trouble with the pastry blender? Today, I broke my second one. I must be an aggressive pastry blender. On a positive note, I did learn that the Mix'n Chop is great for blending pastry. :)

jbondr said:
Am I the only one having trouble with the pastry blender? Today, I broke my second one. I must be an aggressive pastry blender. On a positive note, I did learn that the Mix'n Chop is great for blending pastry. :)

That's good to know! I really don't like the MNC for what it was intended (meat)...but open for other uses!

Sorry - Can't help you with the pastry blender. I don't have it.

esavvymom said:
I really don't like the MNC for what it was intended (meat)...but open for other uses!

Are you serious??? I think think the MNC is God's gift to ground meat...lol! :love:

Just thought I'd nudge ya over that. LOL :D

Liquid Sky said:
Are you serious??? I think think the MNC is God's gift to ground meat...lol! :love:Just thought I'd nudge ya over that. LOL :D

I am in TOTAL agreement!!
Jen

And the pastry blender is super for mashing potatoes.

I think they get a bad batch every once in a while. There are only a few contact points holding the Pastry Blender together. I love it, though.

I prefer using the mix n masher, or whatever it's called for a pastry blender. It's also great as a whisk for sauces in nonstick cookware.

Liquid Sky said:
Are you serious??? I think think the MNC is God's gift to ground meat...lol! :love:

Just thought I'd nudge ya over that. LOL :D

I agree!!! I use mine for meat, breaking up ice cream in punch, making strawberry jam, and anything else I can think of! I like the pastry blender idea! I'll try that... back to the pastry blender from the OP.... I didn't see the need for it since I use my hands to blend the pastry dough. I've never gotten the hang of a pastery blender and I bake quite a bit. I have always thought the hands on approach worked better. (Hard to sell that though!)

Probably just a bad batch, tho. Like stated above. :)

jbondr said:

I don't personally have a pastry blender, but I did have a customer at a booth say she'd gone through 2 or 3. :cry: She liked them but wasn't going to buy another, eventhough she was able to get them replaced easily.

The Mix N Chop is quite awesome :sing:! Isn't it!

I know I'm a bit late on this thread, but I'm having a little trouble with my pastry blender. It doesn't cut well and my bowl is deep enough that the "rest" or "stop" is too low. The blender is sort of bending and not sturdy enough for this butter and flour. I'm making pastry for banket right now. Oh, and I will agree that the Mix N Chop is not my favorite product, either. I'd rather use the spatula to break up the meat. I never tell my guests that, though. I always say how it's a great seller and how people just love it and buy it for others for gifts.JAE

I LOVE the mix n' chop too - mashed potatoes, ground meat, etc ... I heard that it is PC #1 selling tool - selling 5,000 a week!

I can see how the MNC would be the best seller, I'm pretty sure it's my top seller. I sold 10 of them at one show a couple of weeks ago.

Funny how this thread turns back into a MNC discussion! :)JAE

Just found a new use for the MNC, so now I like it. I'm making banket and the almond paste is quite hard. I used the MNC to break it up and then mix in the egg. After that I used my mixer, but my mixer would have thrown it all over the place w/o breaking it up with the MNC first.

You can send some of that banket my way! I haven't made it in a while but it's SOOOO good!

I helped my friends make 42 loaves of banket the other night because they were selling it for a fundraiser - $10 a loaf. Now that I have all that experience I figure I can try it for myself. Almond paste is pricey, but the taste is worth it. I hope I don't mess it up.

MNC is awsome. One of my biggest sellers. I found my daughter using it the other day making egg salad with it. I'm like- what a great idea.
But I agree I have alot of customers complaining that the pastry blenders break often.

I broke my Pastry Blender the first time I used it, and never bothered to get a replacement. I use the old one and love it. Never thought of the Mix N Chop - thanks!

Never thought to use the MNC as a pastry blender! Thanks for the tip! I love my MNC for mixing meatloaf! workss great and I don't get my hands all messy!

My MNC gets stuff all over the pinwheels when I use it! The few times I've used it, I have to use a scraper along with. Maybe it's all in the wrist ...Getting back to the original point ... what are you using it to blend? Actual pastry (pie dough) or cookie dough? I would think it would be too thick for it. After I'm done mixing cookie dough with a mixer, I give up and use my hands.

I would assume that the Pastry Blender should work great for any kind of pastry. The ingredients were butter and flour. I didn't care for it at all. I'll try the Mix N Chop from now on. BTW, my banket looks amazing! So excited. :)JAE

JAE said:
I would assume that the Pastry Blender should work great for any kind of pastry. The ingredients were butter and flour. I didn't care for it at all. I'll try the Mix N Chop from now on.

BTW, my banket looks amazing! So excited. :)

JAE

But does your Banket taste amazing? That's the question!

It looks too good to cut into. I will let you know after the first family party. That will be Christmas Eve night. The filling tasted good. Hee hee!JAE

I love my pastry blender, I have never used it for pastry per say but use it for deviled eggs quite a bit and for mashed potatoes I have used it for many other things to but I can't remember what they were, but anyway I love my pastry blender.

1. What is "My Adventures in Pastry Blending: Aggressive or Incompetent?"

"My Adventures in Pastry Blending: Aggressive or Incompetent?" is a series of videos created by Pampered Chef that showcases different methods of blending pastry dough.

2. How many videos are included in "My Adventures in Pastry Blending: Aggressive or Incompetent?"

There are five videos in total, each featuring a different technique for blending pastry dough.

3. Who is the target audience for "My Adventures in Pastry Blending: Aggressive or Incompetent?"

The target audience for these videos is anyone who loves to bake and wants to improve their pastry blending skills. It can also be helpful for those who are new to baking and want to learn different techniques.

4. Are the techniques shown in "My Adventures in Pastry Blending: Aggressive or Incompetent?" suitable for all types of pastry dough?

Yes, the techniques shown in these videos can be used for all types of pastry dough, including pie crust, tart dough, and puff pastry.

5. Can I purchase the tools used in "My Adventures in Pastry Blending: Aggressive or Incompetent?" from Pampered Chef?

Yes, all the tools used in these videos are available for purchase from Pampered Chef. You can find them on our website or through one of our independent consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • sarahmarie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies