• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your Best Potluck Pasta Salad Recipe!

In summary, some popular ingredients to include in a potluck pasta salad are vegetables like bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers, as well as protein sources like chicken, shrimp, or tofu. To keep the salad fresh during transportation, make sure to keep it refrigerated and use an insulated cooler or ice pack. You can also make the salad in advance and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours for the flavors to meld together. Short, sturdy pastas like penne, rotini, or bowtie are best for potluck pasta salad. To make your potluck pasta salad stand out, try adding unique ingredients like roasted vegetables, feta or goat cheese, or a homemade dressing. Don't be afraid to get
heat123
Silver Member
I was assigned a pasta salad for Easter potluck. I was wondering if you all would share a Pasta salad you all make for potlucks and such? I have made the Colosal pasta salad a few times and the Asian one also.... this year I wanted to try a new one. Anyone like to share theirs? TIA it doesn't have to be a PC recipe ;)

Heather - I have one that I really like - it's not an Italian dressing one though, it's more of a sweet and sour dressing...I'll post it if you're interested.

Yes, Please Becky.. I'd love to see all options! :) Thanks!

This is the Hubby's favorite pasta salad!

Sweet-Sour Pasta Salad

1 Pkg. (16 oz) tricolor spiral pasta
1 med. red onion, chopped
1 med tomato, seeded and chopped (I use 2 Roma)
1 med. cucumber, seeded and chopped
1 med green & red pepper, chopped
2 Tbls. minced fresh parsley
1 teas. PC Dill Mix

DRESSING

1 1/2 C sugar
1/2 Cup vinegar
1 Tbls. ground mustard
1 teas. salt
1 teas. garlic powder

Cook pasta according to pkg. directions, drain and rinse in cold water. Place in large serving bowl. Add vegetables, parsley & dill and set aside.

In a saucepan, combine dressing ingredients. Cook over med. low heat for 10 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir will before serving.

16 servings.

OMG Becky that sounds so good!

Yes, it does, is it more sweet or tangy??

1. What are some popular ingredients to include in a potluck pasta salad?

Some popular ingredients to include in a potluck pasta salad are vegetables like bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers, as well as protein sources like chicken, shrimp, or tofu. Other popular additions can include olives, cheese, and herbs like basil or parsley.

2. How can I make sure my potluck pasta salad stays fresh during transportation?

To keep your potluck pasta salad fresh during transportation, make sure to keep it refrigerated until it is time to leave for the event. Use an insulated cooler or ice pack to keep the salad cool during transportation. You can also keep the dressing separate and mix it in right before serving.

3. Can I make my potluck pasta salad in advance?

Yes, you can definitely make your potluck pasta salad in advance. In fact, many recipes recommend letting the salad sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Just make sure to keep it refrigerated until it is time to serve.

4. What types of pasta work best for potluck pasta salad?

Short, sturdy pastas like penne, rotini, or bowtie are best for potluck pasta salad. They hold up well in the salad and won't get mushy or overcooked. You can also use whole wheat or gluten-free pasta for a healthier option.

5. How can I make my potluck pasta salad stand out?

To make your potluck pasta salad stand out, try adding unique ingredients like roasted vegetables, feta or goat cheese, or a homemade dressing. You can also experiment with different types of pasta and protein sources for a more unique flavor profile. Don't be afraid to get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jendill
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies