• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some vegetarian pasta options to pair with Mojito Chicken Salad?

In summary, the guys are doing the Mojito Chicken Salad (chicken, mandarin oranges & baby spring mix salad blend). The girls want a pasta option but this group has already done one show with me & did the Creamy One Pot Pasta as one of the 3 recipes at the prior show. They do not want to do the Creamy One Pot Pasta again. Anyone have a pasta idea that does NOT contain another meat? They want it as a side with the Mojito Chicken Salad.
Sheila
Gold Member
It's going to be a multi-recipe show. The guys are doing the Mojito Chicken Salad (chicken, mandarin oranges & baby spring mix salad blend).

The girls want a pasta option but this group has already done one show with me & did the Creamy One Pot Pasta as one of the 3 recipes at the prior show. They do not want to do the Creamy One Pot Pasta again. Anyone have a pasta idea that does NOT contain another meat? They want it as a side with the Mojito Chicken Salad.

I have to be somewhere in 30 min's & will be gone a couple of hours. When I return, it will be after 9PM here in Japan & I told her I'd search & send some ideas tonight. I don't want to be up 1/2 the night!!! Any suggestions are appreciated. ;)

How about the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresca without the grilled chicken? ;) I wonder if there's something you could add instead or just do it w/o it.

I think what Amanda said is a good recommendation, especially since it's a nice light pasta and doesn't need the chicken

My director is a vegetarian & she does the Penne Al fresco and uses zucchini..she uses zucchini in everything that calls for chicken, with excellent results!

otisbg said:
My director is a vegetarian & she does the Penne Al fresco and uses zucchini..she uses zucchini in everything that calls for chicken, with excellent results!

Yum! I love zucchini--great addition idea! :thumbup:

Not sure if this would work, but I went though some old recipes and found this from the Cucina Italiana Theme from 2006.

Gnocci: (Never tried it myself)

Or how about doing a couple of the sides from Chicken Your Way?

Attachments

• ts06_gnocchi_recipe.pdf
    70.1 KB · Views: 399
There is a recipe in the It's Good For You Cookbook for a Shrimp & Pasta dish. (I think that's what it's called too) It's like an Alfredo, only lowfat. It's SO good! One of our favorite PC recipes. I've made it many times by subbing mushrooms and/or spinach for the shrimp (I've also subbed chicken, but this is no meat. :)) I love it so much more than regular alfredo - it's so fresh and light tasting.

Zesty Ravioli Skillet! Yummy and easy and no meat. Lots of tools and lots of guest interaction.​

LeslieSGI said:
Zesty Ravioli Skillet! Yummy and easy and no meat. Lots of tools and lots of guest interaction.​

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I like the Penne Al Fresco too but it might be a bit similar to the one pot pasta.

Also there is a salad that was in the Seasons Best a couple years ago ... Asian pasta salad I think. It can be done without chicken.

It's Good for you is the ONLY cookbook that I don't have ... because I don't like to eat things that are good for me!!! LOL

The Penne Al Fresco should work! Thanks girls!!! I knew multiple heads always think better than one.

She wanted a quick & easy dessert too, so I sent her the S'Mores Cups from the Simply Sweet Cookbook.

The guys can do their grill stuff. I can have 1/2 the girls doing the pasta & using the microwave & the rest of the girls doing the dessert & using the oven! 3 different methods of cooking. We're good to go! :D

I might actually get in bed at a decent time tonight. ;)

Can't wait to hear how this went! Do you always do three recipes at your shows?

I second the Zesty Ravioli Skillet or the Shrimp and Linguini that Becky mentioned. YUMMO! Since you don't have It's Good For You here's the recipe :)

Shrimp and Linguine
(It's Good For You!...pg 86)

3/4 lb uncooked shell-on medium shrimp (about 20-30), peeled, deveined and tails removed
3/4 cup coarsely chopped carrots (2 medium)
2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
8 oz uncooked linguine
1 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, pressed
3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Peel and devein shrimp; remove tails. Coarsely chop carrots using Food Chopper. Dice tomatoes and slice green onions using Chef's Knife. Grate Parmesan cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater.

2. Cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (4 qt) Casserole; drain. Return pasta to casserole; cover and keep warm.

3. Meanwhile, heat oil in Large (10 in) Saute Pan. Add shrimp, carrots and garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Cook and stir over medium heat 3-4 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink; remove from skillet and keep warm.

4. Gently heat sour cream and evaporated milk in same skillet over low heat whisking with Nylon Spiral Whisk. (Do not boil). Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add shrimp mixture, tomatoes, green onions, basil, salt and black pepper; mix gently. Pour shrimp and vegetable mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.

Makes 4 servings.

Thanks Jodi, but I had already sent her the other recipe last night prior to my last post.

I do the fully interactive shows & leave it up to the host how many recipes she wants. I recommend not more than 8 people per recipe but since they buy the groceries, it's totally up to them how many recipes they want to do. We do normally end up with 2 or 3 recipes at my shows. This host asked for 1 for the guys & 2 for the girls. ;)

1. Can you recommend a simple and delicious pasta recipe without meat?

One popular option is our Lemon Garlic Pasta, which combines angel hair pasta, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and parmesan cheese for a light and flavorful dish.

2. I have dietary restrictions and can't have gluten or meat. Do you have any pasta recipes that fit my needs?

Our Zucchini Noodle Alfredo is a great option for those with dietary restrictions. It uses zucchini noodles and a homemade alfredo sauce made with cashews, nutritional yeast, and dairy-free milk.

3. I want to make a pasta dish that is both vegetarian and protein-rich. Do you have any suggestions?

Our Vegetarian Pasta Primavera is a great option for a protein-rich pasta dish. It combines whole wheat pasta with a variety of vegetables, such as broccoli, bell peppers, and mushrooms, and is topped with a creamy parmesan sauce.

4. I'm looking for a pasta recipe that is both easy to make and can feed a crowd. Any recommendations?

Our Baked Spaghetti Casserole is a crowd-pleasing dish that is easy to make. It combines spaghetti, marinara sauce, and a variety of cheeses for a delicious and satisfying meal.

5. I want to try something new with my pasta. Do you have any unique recipe ideas that don't include meat?

Our Creamy Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes is a unique and flavorful option for a meatless pasta dish. It combines penne pasta, homemade pesto sauce, and roasted cherry tomatoes for a burst of flavor in every bite.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • GourmetGirl