• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pasta & Pull Apart Bread: Time-saving Tips for a Show-Stopping Meal

In summary, garlic parmesan pull apart bread requires preparation ahead of time and Italian pasta stir fry can be made in a rice cooker.
Wendyss
Gold Member
I have a show tonight where I am doing the garlic parmesan pull apart bread - has anyone completed it up to the stage where you put it in the oven before a show? It sure would save some time if I could make it at home and bake it there.
I am also wondering the same thing about the Italian Pasta stir -fry. I am using bowtie pasta and would love to make it at home first then just re-heat it at the end of the recipe.
Any help or other suggestions would be great!

I don't have the rice cooker yet but is it possible to cook pasta in it to make it quick and easy at the show?

I really hope this doesn't sound like a completely rediculous idea.:cool: :confused:

Otherwise, I've not tried either of these recipes yet so I'm really no help. I look forward to hearing the ideas though. :)

I can't see why you can't cook the pasta at home. That is what I would probably do. Just add a bit of the cooking water to it after to keep it from sticking. (Don't add oil or the sauce won't adhere to it as well!)

I have never tried the rice cooker for pasta, but why not?

I make the Kraft garlic parmesan pasta salad in my rice cooker and it cooks fine, usually about 9 minutes or so and the pasta is done.

Would you share the recipe for "I make the Kraft garlic parmesan pasta salad in my rice cooker and it cooks fine, usually about 9 minutes or so and the pasta is done."

This sounds like something my family would enjoy.

BTW, my MIL makes the box potatoes (augratin etc) and says they are the BEST in the Rice Cooker.

Lisa

It is actually a box pasta salad mix, on the aisle with the macaroni and cheese. I cook the pasta in the rice cooker, drain and run under cool water, put back in the cooker, mix mayo with the spice packet to put on the pasta and top with the parmesan cheese provided (though I prefer to use my own as it seems fresher) and sometimes put some croutons on the top. My DH and I eat this all the time, usually try to keep a box. It goes great with pork chops and cornbread.

1. Can I use any type of pasta for the Pasta & Pull Apart Bread recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for this recipe. However, it is recommended to use shorter and thicker pasta shapes, such as penne or rigatoni, as they hold up better in the bread.

2. Can I make the Pasta & Pull Apart Bread ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the bread ahead of time and keep it in the fridge until ready to bake. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out.

3. What kind of cheese should I use for the Pasta & Pull Apart Bread?

You can use any type of cheese that melts well, such as mozzarella, cheddar, or a blend of Italian cheeses. You can also add some grated Parmesan for extra flavor.

4. Can I add other ingredients to the Pasta & Pull Apart Bread?

Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile and you can add any ingredients you like, such as cooked sausage, diced peppers, or chopped herbs. Just make sure to adjust the amount of pasta and cheese accordingly.

5. How do I prevent the bread from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the bread from sticking, make sure to generously grease the pan with cooking spray or butter before adding the pasta and cheese mixture. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jentapp
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • pcjulie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tara1021
Replies