• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pasta & pull apart bread

Wendyss

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2006
I have a show tonight where I am doing the garlic parmesan pull apart bread - has anyone completed it up to the stage where you put it in the oven before a show? It sure would save some time if I could make it at home and bake it there.
I am also wondering the same thing about the Italian Pasta stir -fry. I am using bowtie pasta and would love to make it at home first then just re-heat it at the end of the recipe.
Any help or other suggestions would be great!

barbchan

Mar 16, 2006
I don't have the rice cooker yet but is it possible to cook pasta in it to make it quick and easy at the show?

I really hope this doesn't sound like a completely rediculous idea.:cool: :confused:

Otherwise, I've not tried either of these recipes yet so I'm really no help. I look forward to hearing the ideas though. :)

R

RachelNguyen

I can't see why you can't cook the pasta at home. That is what I would probably do. Just add a bit of the cooking water to it after to keep it from sticking. (Don't add oil or the sauce won't adhere to it as well!)

I have never tried the rice cooker for pasta, but why not?

samcmills

Mar 7, 2006
I make the Kraft garlic parmesan pasta salad in my rice cooker and it cooks fine, usually about 9 minutes or so and the pasta is done.

Lisa/ChefBear

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2005
Would you share the recipe for "I make the Kraft garlic parmesan pasta salad in my rice cooker and it cooks fine, usually about 9 minutes or so and the pasta is done."

This sounds like something my family would enjoy.

BTW, my MIL makes the box potatoes (augratin etc) and says they are the BEST in the Rice Cooker.

Lisa

samcmills

Mar 7, 2006
It is actually a box pasta salad mix, on the aisle with the macaroni and cheese. I cook the pasta in the rice cooker, drain and run under cool water, put back in the cooker, mix mayo with the spice packet to put on the pasta and top with the parmesan cheese provided (though I prefer to use my own as it seems fresher) and sometimes put some croutons on the top. My DH and I eat this all the time, usually try to keep a box. It goes great with pork chops and cornbread.