• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Cook Pasta in the Rice Cooker Plus?

In summary, the truck driver is looking for a way to cook pasta directly in the rice cooker without having to use a sauce. He recommends cooking the pasta for 10 minutes and then checking it for doneness. If it is done, he drains it and then adds the sauce. He also recommends using a premade tortellini or thin pasta for 1 serving.
minirottie
I just got a call from a truck driver who is interested in the Rice Cooker..he said he's looking for something to do pasta, rice, veggies in, while on the road. I've gone through all the files on the RCP and don't see any suggestions for cooking pasta. I've seen a few people post that they do it..what would be cooking recommendations on how to do a pasta directly in it?

Found this in one of the rice cooker booklets:

Pasta in the Rice Cooker
Add pasta (about 1/3 to 1/2 of the box of spaghetti) & cover with water to about an inch higher than the noodles, cooks for 10 minutes and then check for doneness, if to your liking, drain it, Add sauce and serve. A one pot meal! Be careful about how much water you put in it, do not fill it to the top or it will overflow. All microwaves have different wattage so you may have to adjust the cook time.

Kraft Mac N Cheese is 10-11 minutes.
Premade tortellini is about 4 minutes

Small amounts of thin pasta, enough for 1 serving, takes about 2 minutes, heavier pasta like elbow might take 5-6 minutes.

Here is the booklet I used:

Attachments

• PAMPERED CHEF Rice Cooker Recipe BOOKLET.doc
    96 KB · Views: 4,033
Thank you! I must have gone through 15 files and didn't get this one lol

There's also the Perfect Pasta one on CC under Chicken Your Way :)

I use mine all the time for Kraft Mac&Cheese and then add tuna and peas (and maybe some extra cheese) for an easy tuna noodle casserole. Love it!

pmprdprty--thank you for sharing this!

mentul77 said:
I use mine all the time for Kraft Mac&Cheese and then add tuna and peas (and maybe some extra cheese) for an easy tuna noodle casserole. Love it!

We call that "TunaMacApeas" at our house. I always make it when my husband is out of town.. he thinks Kraft Mac and cheese is a sin.. I love it lol

pmprdprettyinsnj said:
Found this in one of the rice cooker booklets:

Pasta in the Rice Cooker
Add pasta (about 1/3 to 1/2 of the box of spaghetti) & cover with water to about an inch higher than the noodles, cooks for 10 minutes and then check for doneness, if to your liking, drain it, Add sauce and serve. A one pot meal! Be careful about how much water you put in it, do not fill it to the top or it will overflow. All microwaves have different wattage so you may have to adjust the cook time.

Kraft Mac N Cheese is 10-11 minutes.
Premade tortellini is about 4 minutes

Small amounts of thin pasta, enough for 1 serving, takes about 2 minutes, heavier pasta like elbow might take 5-6 minutes.

Here is the booklet I used:

Thanks so much, I have been needing this for one of my customers.

1. Can I cook any type of pasta in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, the Rice Cooker Plus can cook various types of pasta, including spaghetti, penne, macaroni, and more. Just make sure to follow the recommended cooking times for each type of pasta.

2. How much water should I use when cooking pasta in the Rice Cooker Plus?

The general rule of thumb is to use 4 cups of water for every 8 ounces of pasta. However, you can adjust the amount of water according to your desired consistency of the pasta.

3. How long does it take to cook pasta in the Rice Cooker Plus?

The cooking time will vary depending on the type of pasta, but on average, it takes about 12-15 minutes for the pasta to cook in the Rice Cooker Plus.

4. Can I add other ingredients, such as vegetables or meat, while cooking pasta in the Rice Cooker Plus?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the pasta while it's cooking in the Rice Cooker Plus. Just make sure to cut them into small pieces and add them in during the last 5 minutes of cooking.

5. How do I clean the Rice Cooker Plus after cooking pasta?

Cleaning the Rice Cooker Plus after cooking pasta is easy. Simply remove the pasta and any remaining water, then wash the inner pot with warm soapy water. The lid and other accessories can be washed in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• freetofly06
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • Yakmama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • NewDirectorKaren