• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried Making Pasta w/White Sauce - Here's the Result!

In summary, the conversation was about trying a new pasta recipe for the first time, using water instead of chicken stock, and facing issues with the simmering process and the creaminess of the dish. The participants also shared their tips for improving the recipe and adding protein to it. Overall, the conversation ended on a positive note with the dish being a hit and the suggestion to keep experimenting with the recipe.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I made this for the first time tonight - pretty good considering I don't like pasta with white sauce. I didn't have chicken stock (oops) so I just used water - guess it probably would have added more flavor to it. The one issue I had was with the simmering part. It says to not bring it to a boil but yet with it low enough to simmer but not boiling, it took forever to get the pasta done. The second issue was I thought it came out too creamy. The picture doesn't look very creamy but it was too much for me.

I did precook some chicken with the lemon pepper rub, chopped it with the salad choppers and added that at the end. DH is now adding shrimp to his.

I had the same problem - it took much longer to cook without boilling. I still loved it though.

I usually turn my stove up to 9 and really watch it....right before it starts to boil I turn it down to 2 or 3 and let it simmer for the allotted time.

Made it for a meeting and it was a huge hit!! I thought delish considering it was low fat.

Hi there! Thank you for trying out our recipe and for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that you were able to make it work with water instead of chicken stock, but I agree that the stock would have added more flavor to the dish. As for the simmering part, it's important to keep the heat low to prevent the sauce from boiling, which can cause it to become too thick and clumpy. Next time, you can try covering the pan while simmering to help the pasta cook faster. And it's great that you added some protein with the chicken and shrimp - our recipes are always customizable to suit your preferences. Keep experimenting and enjoy your pampered chef cooking experience!

1. What ingredients do I need to make pasta with white sauce?

To make pasta with white sauce, you will need pasta, butter, flour, milk, garlic, salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings or toppings you prefer.

2. How do I make a creamy white sauce for my pasta?

To make a creamy white sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth, then slowly pour in milk while continuing to whisk. Add minced garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce thickens, then toss with cooked pasta until well coated.

3. Can I use a different type of pasta for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta you prefer for this recipe. Just be sure to follow the cooking instructions on the package and adjust the amount of white sauce accordingly.

4. Can I add vegetables or protein to this pasta dish?

Absolutely! You can add any vegetables or protein you like to this pasta dish. Just be sure to cook them separately and then mix them in with the white sauce and pasta before serving.

5. How do I prevent my white sauce from becoming lumpy?

To prevent your white sauce from becoming lumpy, make sure to whisk constantly while adding the flour and milk. If lumps do form, you can strain the sauce through a sieve to remove them before adding it to your pasta.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
wadesgirl