• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant The Bizarre Story of a Mary Kay / Thirty-One Consultant

As far as I know, I got home with everything. But now that I think about it, I thought I had a kernel cutter, and now I can't find it. I can't imagine that I would have taken it there.
Lilamyw3
Gold Member
Earlier this year a Mary Kay consultant contacts me on facebook. She is a friend of a friend and needed a replacement pizza cutter. We got to talking and she decided to host a party. Her party was before her "Jesus, Cheese & Wine" party. (yes, wine, cheese, & jesus..I didn't stay for that). She was one of these hostess that kept taking my utensils during the show and trying them out.. For instance, she takes my garlic slicer and tries it out on almonds in the middle of me making Chicken Fajita bites. My products were scattered all over her kitchen by the end of the show.. not to mention the 5 kids running in and out of the house the whole time (one wasn't wearing pants).

Then, when we had the outlet sale in July, she texts me asking questions about when it starts. Then she starts asking me about "tightening cream" and I realize she thinks I'm a Pure Romance consultant. I remind her who I am. She laughs it off and doesn't order anything from the outlet sale.

Yesterday afternoon I get a facebook invite to her Pampered Chef party this Saturday at 3. I'm in complete shock. I hit decline and say "I appreciate the invite, but I was your consultant for your last party." Her reply?
"bahaha ooops!"

At first I'm completely offended that she sent me this, and I wondering if it's a jab at me like I'm a bad consultant. But then I sort of stew over it and decide she's just a ditz and completely clueless. I'm glad she didn't contact me, because I really didn't want to have to deal with her again. I just don't understand how a Mary Kay consultant (previously a Thirty-One Consultant) doesn't know the ins and outs of the business and does things like this. Seriously bizarre.

Wow. That is a doozy of a story!I agree with you - this person is just a ditz going in too many directions, and it wasn't anything personal. So now you don't have to go back to pantsless kid's house! Yay!

haha Thanks for the confidence boost! It's hard not to take something like that personally though. I had someone in the past from high school ask about doing a party and wanted to know the monthly specials. I tell her, and then never hear from her again. a year later she's posting pictures on her facebook page of the lava cake they made at her party. You just have to shrug it off and move on I guess!

Of course you took it personally. This is a personal business. Sounds like she is really ditzy. I wonder if she hooked someone into doing a joint party of some kind. As we often say, bless and release. Sounds like this is someone you should be happy to move on from.

Aww, that's rough about the high school acquaintance and I do agree with rae - hard not to take that personally.
If you didn't follow up - just sent the special and never called to ask for a firm date - that part is on you.

If you can get in a place to ask that high school acquaintance for honest feedback for why she didn't choose to book with you, do it! It might give you a different perspective. You might find the other consultant gave away a bunch of freebies, for example. Or something else like a relative selling PC. You never know.

I wouldn't ask the ditz though - and I gotta ask, did you get all your tools back from that party? I had one party like that when I first started and after several items missing, I took a checklist :chef:

As far as I know, I got home with everything. But now that I think about it, I thought I had a kernel cutter, and now I can't find it. I can't imagine that I would have taken it there. As I was leaving, a guy asks a question and he's got my measure all cup. I answer the question and take my cup back. Crazy! I like your idea of the check list. I need to do that.

What people don't realize is the booking benefit belongs to the host, not the consultant. If I ask a guest about doing a show and they say "oh, my good friend is a consultant I can only do shows for her." I say that's okay, if we add a booking to this show the host will be able to use that at your show whoever is the consultant. I realize that the intent is to get me a booking but it has worked in my favor in the past when the guest called me later to do a cooking show because her consultant was only going to do cattie shows!

I can top this and I laugh about it now. I had a party for a lady great party thought was a good friend. However, she called one day and asked if I had some catalogs she could get when I replied thinking she was doing a catalog show I asked how many and when did she want to close the catalog show. She replied that she was doing a show with another consultant and she couldn't get her to get her some catalogs. I plainly told her she would have to contact her consultant that I could not give her catalogs for her to do a show with someone else. Needless to say I never did hear from her ever again.

Ugh. People think the catalogs are free.

What is "The Bizarre Story of a Mary Kay / Thirty-One Consultant"?

"The Bizarre Story of a Mary Kay / Thirty-One Consultant" is a book written by an anonymous author that tells the true story of their experience working as a consultant for both Mary Kay and Thirty-One, two popular direct sales companies. It details the author's personal struggles, successes, and the inner workings of the direct sales industry.

Is this book based on a true story?

Yes, "The Bizarre Story of a Mary Kay / Thirty-One Consultant" is based on the author's personal experiences and is a true story. The author has chosen to remain anonymous to protect their identity and the identities of those involved in the story.

What can I expect to learn from this book?

This book offers a unique and candid perspective on the world of direct sales, specifically through the lens of working for Mary Kay and Thirty-One. Readers can expect to gain insight into the challenges, successes, and inner workings of the multi-level marketing industry.

Is this book appropriate for all ages?

This book contains mature themes and language, so it may not be suitable for younger readers. It is recommended for mature audiences.

Where can I purchase "The Bizarre Story of a Mary Kay / Thirty-One Consultant"?

This book is available for purchase on major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. It may also be available for purchase at select brick-and-mortar bookstores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jenn822
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jenn822
  • Nightschild24