• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Time Management: How to Get Events Started On-Time

In summary, if your party doesn't start on time, you should try to set a start time ahead of time, put a "Be on time, get a prize" sticker on your invitations, and/or work with your hosts to make sure guests arrive on time.
angel7581
Gold Member
How do you get your parties to start on time? Mine never seem to start on time and then I get home later than I plan on too.

angel7581 said:
How do you get your parties to start on time? Mine never seem to start on time and then I get home later than I plan on too.

Hey, I live in the land of manana! They NEVER start on time! NEVER! I always list my start times 15-30 minutes before I want them to come...that'll do it!! :)

Perhaps you could try putting a "Be on time, get a prize" sticker on your invitations. And encourage your host to help get the guests there on time. I generally start 15 minutes after the time on the invitation no matter how many are there (unless this happens to be when everyone is piling in).

Yes, I book my shows for 20-30 minutes before what I consider the "real" show time. I arrive 30 minutes before in the event there are on time guests. You can also push for an ontime drawing.

Or you could work with your hosts explaining that you'll be starting at X time and whether she needs to tell her guests an earlier show time. Let her know that you do not want the party to wrap up too late and can she help you make sure guests arrive by such and such time. As a last resort...blame the hubby. I have to leave by X time, so it's important we start at X whether guests have made it to the party or not.

I don't know if she still does or not.* I know that my director used to tell her hosts that she would do a quick easy demo before the show time for anyone who comes early.* Then she would just do the microwave cake.* Someone said the other day who actually starts their shows on time.* She said..I do..every single time.

I start my show on time regardless. The longest I have ever waited is 5 minutes and when I'm host coaching I stress on time arrivals because I want to be home at a reasonable hour. Everyone that arrives on time gets a ticket for an on-time drawing. This usually takes about 5 minutes to do, which is when the stragglers start to show up. I welcome the stragglers and invite them to wash hands and jump right in.

I try to start on time and just tell the host and guest to honor the time of everyone there that we start on-time. Those who come later are welcome and can join in where we are at in the show.

I used to let the host be in charge and Ask for permission to start, now I go to her and say OK let's get started. Usually they don't question me. If they do and we don't have many there I'll wait another 5 but not more. Otherwise you are waiting till 1/2 past the start of the show. Most will appreciate that you are starting on-time. Then when you have bookings they know you start @ the start time no explaination needed.

I always start on time. I have not had a late start in over three years. Why? Because it is up to ME when to start talking! I tell my host right up front, it does not matter to me who is and is not there when the time comes. I am not going to hold up the show for those who did come on time just to wait for those who did not. It is not fair to the people who made it a priority to be on time.

Two things. *I address my invitations for 5:59 or 6:29, etc. (It's funny around here because we have a local "round-up" every fall and every event starts at the :59 or :29 so people here are use to it.) But it lets them know I'm serious about the start time.and...
*I always say, "I'm going to go ahead and get started. I want to respect the people who are here on time". It helps the guests that are there feel appreciated. It also sets the stage for anyone who books to know that you'll be starting on time. That actually helps with bookings. If people think you are lax about the start time and may not be out of their house until very late, they may be less willing to book a party. If they know you start on time, they will likely trust you more.

Just chiming in to say I agree with the others. YOU are the consultant and the one in charge of that show, so YOU start on time. As long as you reassure your host that it's ok to start without some folks, they'll be fine with it.

I agree. Start on time...but let me ask. When you have a room of ~15 people (good problem, I know!) who are all talking to their neighbors so it's loud, and it's time to start - HOW do you get their attention? I'm not exactly a loud person.

esavvymom said:
I agree. Start on time...but let me ask. When you have a room of ~15 people (good problem, I know!) who are all talking to their neighbors so it's loud, and it's time to start - HOW do you get their attention? I'm not exactly a loud person.

I set my kitchen timer for 30 seconds and let it go off until everyone is paying attention and if that doesn't work I have a really annoying ringtone that works wonders too.

I need to get better about this, too. There is some really good advice here! I think tonight's show was the first that started on time in a long time!

I need to be better about this as well. I usually let the guests come in and say hi and visit for a few minutes and then look to the host to round them up or if she doesn't seem like she'll do that, then I'll say something to get it going. But sometimes I get a host who wants me to wait till so-and-so arrives. :rolleyes: That's fine if it's just a few minutes, but if it's 15 minutes, I need to just get things started. Out of respect for those who arrived on time, and also so I'm not there all night. ;)

This video link is Jillian Grant who tells how SHE handles starting on time, what she says, etc..... It's great. "Start on Time" (if the link doesn't work, go to YouTube and search for "Pattimoc", then select her "VID00047".

I am not always consistent with starting on time, but I agree with the advice above. I have heard many consultants do an "on-time" drawing, as well as putting X:59 or X:29 as the time for the show on the invites.

I am thinking about the x:59 29 thing. Last Sunday at the start time there was only 1 person there .. the past host. Half hour later, there were 6, and an hour after 10. It would never occur to me to straggle into a party where something is being demonstrated an hour late, so I just was not sure how to handle that. Tonights party was a lot better than most. I was 5 minutes late getting started but that was more because the host got frozen strawberries instead of fresh, we could not get them to thaw for some reason, so she ran to the store for fresh ones .. so I was just wrapping up making trifle at scheduled start time.

I start on time as well. I prep the hostess by saying "you let me know when most of the people are here at we expect. You know who is coming and I don't. When X time arrives, lets get started so that the people that are here dont have to wait around. There is always that person in every crowd who is Late Linda and we don't want everyone else to have to wait for her"

If I want the party to start at noon I put 11:57 on the invite... That way people think well that is an odd time and they tend to show up on time...

1. How can I ensure that my Pampered Chef party starts on time?

To ensure that your party starts on time, it is important to have a detailed plan and schedule in place. This includes setting a specific start time, communicating this time clearly to your guests, and making sure all preparations are completed prior to the start time. You can also send out reminder messages to your guests leading up to the party to help them arrive on time.

2. What should I do if my guests are running late?

If your guests are running late, it is important to remain calm and flexible. You can start the party without them, but make sure to catch them up on anything they may have missed once they arrive. You can also use this time to socialize with the guests who have arrived on time and build excitement for the event.

3. How can I avoid delays during the party?

To avoid delays during the party, make sure to have all of your supplies and materials organized and easily accessible. It is also helpful to have a designated area for guests to gather and socialize while you prepare for the demonstration. Additionally, you can practice the demonstration beforehand to ensure a smooth flow during the actual event.

4. What can I do to keep the party on track and on time?

To keep the party on track and on time, it is important to have a clear outline and timeline for the event. Make sure to stick to the schedule and avoid going off on tangents or getting sidetracked. You can also assign a timekeeper to help keep things moving smoothly.

5. How can I end the party on time without rushing?

To end the party on time without rushing, it is important to plan ahead and allow enough time for the closing portion of the event. This includes thanking your guests, answering any questions, and taking orders. You can also set a specific end time and communicate this to your guests throughout the party to help keep things on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
ms_twana