• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Pumpkin: A Fall Booking Idea!

would like to try something different.I'm thinking of doing a 'scavenger hunt'. For example, during the show I could give out clues such as, "I can be found in the pumpkin patch" or "Find me with the green leaves" or "I'm hiding in the sugar cookies".Once everyone has found me, they can buy whatever item I am selling at the show for 25% off.I like this idea! I think I will do a scavenger hunt during my show as well!
pampered2007
I would love to have some feedback on a booking idea! Something that I would like to be cute, catchy and different. I have a Fall craft show coming up and I was hoping to not only gain some recruit leads and get some sales, but get some show dates on my calendar. I have heard so much about consultants using a "booking tree", but I was thinking since it's Fall, how about a "party pumpkin"?! Hosts who are interested in hosting a show can pick an available show date from the pumpkin. I can make it with a real pumpkin and somehow stick the dates into the sides of the pumpkin Or I can use a fake one and just put the dates inside the pumpkin. Please let me know what you think of this idea and what ideas you would have to help make it work. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I like this idea. Use the real pumkin and use the bbq skewers to stick in and attach your availible dates to them!

Or at Michael's craft stores they make carvable fake pumkins that wont rot and you can use them for all of your shows in the fall. and it wont go bad. Just an idea.

And with the fake one you can even get scented oils or potpourri with the pumpkin spice smell to help attract people to your table.

A carvable fake pumpkin! Oh, that would be a neat medium to do the PC logo on! Now if I just had a michaels within 200 miles...

That's okay ... I have the Pacific Ocean between me & a Michael's! LOLI love the pumpkin idea ... but if you already have the "tree", you could just cut out leaf shapes on construction paper, write a date on a leaf & let them "pick" a leaf from the tree.

You guys are great!!! I love the fake carvable pumpkin idea! Looks like I will making a visit to Michaels! And I can use the leaf shapes to stick the available show dates into the pumpkin. Oh and I must have the potpourri!

Please keep any other ideas coming! It's great to brainstorm together! Thank you!!!!!

Use this at your September shows to get bookings. Im thinking a fake carveable pumpkin from craft store...but maybe as another idea put in little slips of paper with free gifts for the host...whether PC products, free groceries for show, etc other gifts for their October show to keep with Halloween theme...

Now we need to find a easy to carve stencil of the PC chef hat...and just one of those led tealight candles...could even use this as just a table decoration at your shows to show off some wimsy and fun fall decoration...plus then you have a cool quirky pumpkin for at home showing off PC.

WOW! What great ideas! Here is what I have decided to do....I bought a fake pumpkin with a detachable lid. When a person sets a date for a show I am going to have them "pick a prize from the party pumpkin!" I thought that picking a prize adds to the fun instead of just picking a date from the pumpkin and then receiving a Seasons Best. Instead I will add the Seasons Best to the list of prizes that can be won! Other prizes will include $5 or $10 in additional free product at their show, a free show where I buy the ingredients, a free spice rub, etc. I bought little felt leaves that I will attach the prize label or picture to the back. I also bought 2 smaller pumpkins that match the "party pumpkin" to put pumpkin spice potpourri in to sit on the table.

I'll let you know how everything goes!

Pampered2007...I did the same thing, sort of...I bought a craft pumpkin and carved a face on it...inside im placing one of those LED ice cubes that flashes for fun...then I got some little pumpkin shaped foam cut outs and have them numbered 1-10. Anyone who books a show at the party will get to draw from the pumpkin and then the number will correspond to a prize..I am giving away either a product under $10, free cooking show, etc...

Great ideas, thanks!

photo.php

This is such a cute idea! I'm doing a booth at a Harvest Festival mid-October and will def. use this!

I wanted to get some more ideas with this. I just purchased a little box at Michaels that has a sign that says 'Pumpkins 25 cents". I am hoping to play the game saver, spender, etc that I have found on here and start the show with giving everyone 25 cents.

At the end I will tell everyone that they can use their 25 cents to put towards their order.

OR.... I am trying to decide between they can take a 'chance' with their quarter and buy a pumpkin which could be a free party, free shipping, seasons best, etc.

OR .... I could go with a second choice of if you book a party you can then use your quarter to choose a prize, etc.

Any thoughts?

I loved the idea Pampered2007 had for the party pumpkin with the prizes so I went to Michaels today, as well as a teachers store for some pumpkin cutouts. I've placed about 18 "prizes" on the cutouts for guests to choose from when they book a show with me. The front of the cutout has the description of the item and the back side has a picture. I haven't yet "carved" my pumpkin but I'm thinking of carving a question mark into it or maybe just drawing one. I'm hoping to use it on Thursday at my show and hope that the guests will be intriqued by whats inside this pumpkin.
I took a picture of what it looks like so far with a few of the prizes.
(oh, and the prizes will be added to the hosts order when she holds her show)

21lio02.jpg

you guys have great ideas. i have a show thurs and sat I will try something similar there. I really need bookings. still want to earn disney.
thanks for sharing your great ideas.

Bill Gronemeyer said:
And with the fake one you can even get scented oils or potpourri with the pumpkin spice smell to help attract people to your table.

LOVE this idea...how smart! :love:

CAPCnewbie said:
I loved the idea Pampered2007 had for the party pumpkin with the prizes so I went to Michaels today, as well as a teachers store for some pumpkin cutouts. I've placed about 18 "prizes" on the cutouts for guests to choose from when they book a show with me. The front of the cutout has the description of the item and the back side has a picture. I haven't yet "carved" my pumpkin but I'm thinking of carving a question mark into it or maybe just drawing one. I'm hoping to use it on Thursday at my show and hope that the guests will be intriqued by whats inside this pumpkin.
I took a picture of what it looks like so far with a few of the prizes.
(oh, and the prizes will be added to the hosts order when she holds her show)

21lio02.jpg

What about something for everyone to draw one, just by filling out a DP slip? That way I could at least get some contacts.

I was thinking about doing something pumpkiny for my fall craft show similar to what I've done other times...fill the batter bowl with M&Ms and have people fill out the slip and guess the number.

dkitten13 said:
What about something for everyone to draw one, just by filling out a DP slip? That way I could at least get some contacts.

I was thinking about doing something pumpkiny for my fall craft show similar to what I've done other times...fill the batter bowl with M&Ms and have people fill out the slip and guess the number.

I did something similar in the spring. I filled a batter bowl with jelly beans and each person that filled out the door prize slip, also made a guess. Only one person actually circled any numbers pertaining to wether they wanted to host a show or get more info. I did get emails and contact numbers and have sent out my newsletter to them. But it didnt generate any bookings or leads. Even the person who won the batter bowl, has yet to claim their prize!

I made a party pumpkin out of an orange piece of paper and then made little slips and folded them in half. I put the dates on the outside of each paper that I was available to do shows in Oct and Nov. I used it at my cooking show on Sun and got a booking. On the inside of the paper was a free item or free shipping. I used items like a free spice or rub, free shipping today, free mini serving spat. etc. Most of the free items were around $5. I am just starting out, but figured that $5 was worth it to spend to get an entire party. SInce my 90 days is almost up and I had next SUnday available, I put a star on that date and said it was an extra special date. WHoever chose that date was going to get a free large bar pan from me and I would provide the ingredients for their show. I had a taker within 30 seconds. She just called me this morning and has AT LEAST 15 people coming on sunday. I feel so lucky!! I got all these great ideas from this website. Thanks so much everyone. This will be my first REAL party that I absolutely do not know anyone. She also said that one of the ladies that was at the show on Sunday, will be at her party and she wants to book a party too. BTW, I was able to give the free bar pan because I had it left from my consultant starter kit. I already have one, so I decided to save it for when I am trying to meet a goal. I should easily reach my $5000 in sales now.
Good luck!

Diane

I bought the carvable fake pumpkin, I have it stenciled, but was wondering how thick, or cumbersome to cut it is? I have the PC logo, and didn't know if it would be carvable with such detail?

Is it thin, easy to cut?

pampered2007 said:
WOW! What great ideas! Here is what I have decided to do....I bought a fake pumpkin with a detachable lid. When a person sets a date for a show I am going to have them "pick a prize from the party pumpkin!" I thought that picking a prize adds to the fun instead of just picking a date from the pumpkin and then receiving a Seasons Best. Instead I will add the Seasons Best to the list of prizes that can be won! Other prizes will include $5 or $10 in additional free product at their show, a free show where I buy the ingredients, a free spice rub, etc. I bought little felt leaves that I will attach the prize label or picture to the back. I also bought 2 smaller pumpkins that match the "party pumpkin" to put pumpkin spice potpourri in to sit on the table.

I'll let you know how everything goes!

I wonder if for the the PC hat, you could simply attach a piece of paper with the printed logo to the pumpkin, make holes following the outline, then remove the paper and use a knife to "connect the dots" and cut out the image?

This is a really cool idea and I was planning on slowing down my PC business while we are house hunting. However, my director just issued beat your best month challenge for October and I really want the carrots she's dangling. I'd thought about hosting a holiday open house/recipe tasting in October because I want the knives!:D But was ready to give it up for the house hunting. But now I may have to hold something I just have to figure out when to do it and how to do it. I've had limited success with these in past. I'm thinking of doing something like a recipe tasting/demo. I'll have a few recipes premade and demo one and keep it short like 2-2/12 hours and raffle off host benefits. I'll have to browse around here to come up with what will work for me and make sure I send invites out early and pick up the phone as well. I currently have 3 shows scheduled for October and had only wanted to do one more but I need all the $ I can for the house and it will help Christmas shopping as well.

1. What is Party Pumpkin and how does it work?

Party Pumpkin is a fall-themed booking idea for Pampered Chef parties. It involves hosting a pumpkin decorating party with friends and family, while also showcasing our fall-themed kitchen products. Guests can book their own parties at the event, earning the host free and discounted products.

2. How do I become a Party Pumpkin host?

To become a Party Pumpkin host, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date for your party. Your consultant will help you plan the event and provide all the necessary information and materials.

3. Are there any incentives for hosting a Party Pumpkin party?

Yes, there are many incentives for hosting a Party Pumpkin party. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host gifts. Plus, you can also earn rewards for booking future parties at your event.

4. Can I customize my Party Pumpkin party?

Absolutely! You can work with your consultant to customize your Party Pumpkin party to fit your preferences and needs. You can choose from a variety of pumpkin decorating ideas and even incorporate your own fall-themed recipes or activities.

5. Can I still earn rewards for booking parties if I am not a Party Pumpkin host?

Yes, even if you are not hosting a Party Pumpkin party, you can still earn rewards for booking future parties at the event. Just make sure to mention the Party Pumpkin booking idea to your consultant and have them record your bookings during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • JennyJennJen