• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Planning Tips: Get Guests to Pay Attention!

In summary, the conversation revolved around a recent party that was affected by guests not paying attention and being distracted. The participants also discussed how the moon may have played a role in their experiences and shared their own similar experiences. Despite the challenges, one person had a successful party, while another person's sales were affected.
Princess
I had a party tonight for a friend..seemed like I spent more time talking for no reason. People were all over the place, talking, leaving the room, kids running around...any tips to make people listen and pay attention? I really think it affected my sales

Must be something in the air tonight...I don't think mine affected sales, cause they all knew our stuff..but I only got one hard booking, and I even tried a new "hook". I guess Friday nights are for chatting! It is tough when you know more than 50% of guests!

That is so weird, I did a show last night (thursday) and the same thing. First of all the show was supposed to start at 6:30 and not one person showed up until 7:15!!:mad: People were talking, not paying attention, in and out of the room and I had a little girl that had to help me with everything Uhggg!! I got "0" bookings and the sales were low ($220). She is suppose to close Sunday and says she should reach $400 with outside orders. I didn't get home until 10:30 and had to do my dishes (didn't get to be until 1:00 a.m.) b/c I had to close another show!! I got up at 5:30 this morning for my FT job and was dozing at the computer all day! It must have been something in the air!:confused:

Must be in the air.....the same thing happened at our show tonight....:eek:

Do we have a full moon coming?

It was a NEW MOON Thurs night :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
3 days before & 3 days after :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ginger:cool:

Count me on for Wed's ShowLOL....must be the moon and the warmer weather....they didn't start until 7:45.....people showed up at 8:15, then at 8:45.....didn't stop until 9:30....didn't leave until 10:15 and home to wash dishes .....whew.....BUT on the flip side, had a partylites party at my house last night with my friends and neighbors, did UNREAL for having 8 people there, actually it was her biggest show so far....glad to help out.....LOL....now SHE has to host one I'm telling here.....LOL....

BUT my folks had paid attention, Wed. was a nightmare, they all talked and didn't pay attention. :eek:

I truely believe that the moon effects the way we behave...have you seen how people drive when it's a full moon or new moon....crazy!

I think sometimes we just need to roll with the punches. My show last night was in a very small apartment, only three people showed up but they had six kids going in and out the door which was right in front of me. It didn't bother me too much....I suppose because my own kids are constantly in motion and so I'm used to it.

Well this is what happened to me...people were late. I don't think I started till like 6:30 (30 mins late), then people showed up after 7:00. Everyone was talking to one another, leaving the room to attend to children. I don't think I saw the host much. Then when I told her her show was $388, she says "that's it?":confused:

What are some tips for getting guests to pay attention during a Pampered Chef party?

1. Keep the party interactive: Encourage guests to participate in activities and demonstrations to keep them engaged and paying attention.

2. Use visuals: Utilize props and visuals to capture guests' attention and make the information more memorable.

3. Keep it short and sweet: Avoid long speeches or presentations, and instead keep the information concise and to the point.

4. Involve the guests: Ask questions, take polls, and encourage discussion to keep guests actively engaged in the party.

5. Offer incentives: Consider offering a small prize or discount for guests who pay attention and participate throughout the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Aynot
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies