• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Parties With Other Ds Companies as Guests

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of marketing and recruiting at someone else's direct sales show. The participants discuss their experiences with this behavior and express their opinions on whether it is appropriate or not. Some believe it is rude and intrusive, while others see it as an opportunity to network and potentially expand their business. The conversation highlights the importance of being respectful and choosing the right time and place for promoting one's business.
CAPCnewbie
I'm just curious what others thoughts are on this. I attended a Tupperware party that my sister-in-laws friend was having and although I carry my logo bag as my purse, I didnt have it "all hangin out there" for everyone to see. In fact, it was the tupperware lady who happened to mention to the guests that I was a PC consultant in relation to a question about a product. I just figured that it wasn't my time to sell and I was there as a guest. It wasn't about me getting sales and bookings so I kept quiet, placed my order and left.
But I already have a booking with the host so I'm sure I will be meeting her guests again at some point.

So then last week, I had a show on a Thursday evening and started to show the garlic slicer and mention it can shave chocolate. One of the guests pulled out soem chocolate from her purse and asks for it to be demoed. ok fine. But then she starts to explain that she sells Xocai chocolate and how it has all these health benefits and that she is holding an open house event, blah blah blah. So then the guests attention turns toward her and her "miracle chocolate".

At the end of it all, she hands me her order form with her business card and asks ME if I'm interested in the opportunity and if I'd like to attend a meeting with her to learn all about it. Now is it just me or does anyone else see this as being completely rude of her?? I was seriously tempted to throw the card back in her face but thats not who I am. Its still bugging me. Has this ever happened to anyone else and what would you do if you had been in my shoes?

It is completely inappropriate to market at someone else's show. I haven't had anyone do it at one of my shows yet. I did go to a PartyLite show and kept my mouth shut about being a PC Consultant. The host mentioned it & the PartyLite consultant asked me for a catalog! I told her I'd be happy to give her one after her show but that I didn't want to interrupt her show with PC stuff. When she was completely done & had checked out everyone, I went & got my catalog tote from the car & gave the other consultant a catalog & a few of the guests who asked. But I'd have NEVER brought it in if the consultant herself had not asked me to do it. If it had been a guest who had asked, I'd have had them meet me at my car as they were leaving for the evening. I would never intrude on another consultant's show like the chocolate girl did at your show. That's just RUDE!!!

I agree it's rude. It's OK if the chocolate girl handed you her chocolate and casually mentioned that she might want a slicer so she can use it at her shows, but I wouldn't do anything beyond that. Maybe she didn't realize she was opening up the door for people to ask about her business. I think she should have shut it down by saying, "Oh wait, this is her show ... can you ask me later?"

Handing you the card was just rude!

My Partylite lady ordered a pitcher from me at my friend's show and asked me about how I do my shows ... just as friendly conversation.

Takes all kinds! I don't mind when they passively let everyone know who they work for, I get annoyed when they aggressively go after guests at one of my shows. Hind site is always 20/20, but I think I would have reciprocated with recruiting info as well!!

I never could understand what in the world goes through the mind of a person who tries to recriot another DS consultant at their show or at a booth at an event. I mean, seriously. I didn't pay for the booth because I'm looking to do something else. I'm not at my show because I'm not happy with my choice of of DS companies and I'm looking for something else. I understand we are our own marketing, but there's a time and place for everything.

This is another difference between always doing business and always being open for business. When you're always open for business, you are prepared should a opportunity arise. It's a very smart way to go about each day. When you're always doing business you step on people's toes. You turn every conversation into a business encounter. You put business before people, which is never, ever a good idea. Yes, there may be some short-term gain, but in the long run it will really hurt you.

I went to a Tupperware party the other night too, and the hostess and consultant both asked me about PC, but not until after the Tupperware demo was over, so I felt ok with answering the questions. I agree that it would be rude to blatantly advertise your own business during someone else's demo.

People know I sell PC, so they'll mention it at DS parties even if I don't. I always tell them we can talk after the party if they'd like. It's a matter of courtesy and following the golden rule.

I once had a lady at one of my shows that waited until I started checking out guests in another room start pulling out and passing around her Avon books. She got very redfaced and apolegetic when I walked in on her. And then at a networking group I was at recently I met a jewelry lady who just started her business. We talked a few moments about how to find bookings and then she asked me how many parties I had coming up. When I told her she asked if I could ask my hostesses if they would mind if she set up her table at my parties!!:eek::eek:

You meet all kinds......:rolleyes:

I also have had issues like that. Now remember I am OLD compared to most of you and I have no qualms about saying what is on my mind. I do try to be tactful! HONEST I DO! NOT!!!
I have a friend who is a PartyLite consultant. He started in May. Every HWC fundraiser I had in May that was down where he lived, he would show up and start hawking his dang candles! I almost died! I still wonder how many people bought candles from him instead of contributing to HWC because I learned later that he had "managed to collect" about $400 in order in May! Worst part was I know he had no parties booked as he had told me so! UGH! I finally, looked him straight in the eye while I was doing one party at a mutual friends and simple told him to leave. In front of about 10 people including the host of the fundraiser! The thing that bothered me most is that his mother is one of my 16 reasons I do HWC! Seriously? HOW FREAKING RUDE! So ask your host first then say something. Explain that by his/her friend selling people their stuff, she could be loosing out on sales to reach her goal.

I find it REALLY rude that she did that. I"ve had it happen to me MANY times! Also, a friend of mine is also a PC consultant and I had Thanksgiving at my house and invited her family and 3 other families. When one of my guests noticed the knives I was using to put finishing touches on the thanksgiving food, she asked about them, so my friend started trying to sell PC products to MY guests at a SOCIAL event at my home! People are crazy.

Once my host was displaying her direct sales jewelry at the PC party I was doing at her home. She thought I wouldn't mind...what do you say...ummm..yes I mind like hell? She got some orders as well as having a so-so party. I really like her and I like her jewelry, but I do think it is rude.

I have people bringing their orders from another direct sales party to the show to give them to friends and books have been passed around for Avon sales...all kinds of "stuff".

How do I handle it? I try to sell the crap out of PC!!!!! Not sure what to do that would not tick people off.

I probably would have handed the card back to the chocolate consultant and let her know that you are very happy with PC and won't be needing her card :D!!!

I LOVE it when people back me into a corner and say they want to host a PC show to help the host get her 60% off past host special, BUT only if I host a show with their biz. Um, NO! I don't have time because I'm doing TOO many PC parties!! I'm giving them away to my team! I don't have a problem getting bookings or getting people to shows as you might when you sell adult toys in a struggling economy...seriously?

I too will not "trade" shows. People put each other in difficult situations. I know 4 or more TS sellers. I will usually only order from one because she has always been a good friend. I do not require a show in return.

In August when we had the cookware on sale I e-mailed a past host who raved about her SS cookware. My e-mail was just to make her aware that she could add to her collection if she wanted to do a party. She has had 2 catalog and one kitchen. She sells PartyLite and the response was a question if I wanted to do a party. I didn't know how to tell her that I currently throw out about 2 to 3 candles a year. First, I do not burn them. Second, I only like certain scents..very few as a matter of fact. Third, I just don't want any candles just to be polite. I hope I never put anyone in that same situation!!

When I had done a cooking show, I had a guest come to me with her order form. As I was adding it up, she quietly and disgreetly gave me a few of her "jewlery buss. cards".
She just asked if I was interested or knew anyone who was, to please pass out her cards. That was the only time she said anything during the whole party. I thought how kind it was of her to give me respect to do the show. Then come to me one on one in private. That I did not mind, the above stories would aggrevate me.

1. How do I host a party with guests from other direct sales companies?

To host a party with guests from other direct sales companies, simply reach out to your independent Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in having a multi-company party. They will work with you to coordinate with other consultants and plan a successful event.

2. Can I earn host rewards when guests from other direct sales companies attend my party?

Yes, as the host of a party with guests from other direct sales companies, you can still earn host rewards such as free products and discounted items based on the total sales from the party. Your Pampered Chef consultant will be able to provide you with more details on the specific rewards program for your party.

3. Will my guests from other direct sales companies be able to purchase products from Pampered Chef at the party?

Absolutely! We welcome guests from other direct sales companies to purchase Pampered Chef products at the party. Your consultant will have a variety of products available for purchase and can also help guests place orders for any additional items they may want.

4. Can I combine my party with another direct sales company's party?

While it is not possible to physically combine parties, you can certainly coordinate with another direct sales consultant to have a joint event. This can be a great way to introduce your friends and family to both companies and their products.

5. Are there any special promotions or deals for parties with guests from other direct sales companies?

Currently, there are no specific promotions or deals for parties with guests from other direct sales companies. However, your consultant may be able to offer special incentives or discounts for hosting a multi-company party. Be sure to discuss this with them when planning your event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • Aurora
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies