• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultants?

If you set "office hours" you'll find that it really helps. Train yourself to start - and finish - your calls by a certain time so that you aren't always running around.
Stephanie S
I'm curious to know how many of you do this part-time? Perhaps I should clarify a bit further. How many of you have a full-time job (Mon - Fri, 9-5) and do this on the side? Any suggestions for striking a balance while getting the business up and running?

I work full-time during the days, and find that I spend my entire evenings on the computer as well. Not much of a life right now, but I'm willing to do all of the grunt work in order to have a successful part-time business.

I do..I work full-time, and also do PC on the side. I have struggled with wanting to be on the phone in the evenings, after being on the phone all day. I have decided, something that I read on this site, I will be doing most of my calls on Sunday evenings, so that the stress of my FT job doesn't interfere. For others that work FT, how have you tackled the Big MAC calls? Obviously, we can't call the next morning. I'm interested in seeing everyone's ideas.

Thanks--Tammi

Sunday Night CallsI too have tried to limit my calls to Sunday nights. I feel that it's a good night as people aren't in the rush of the middle of their week. They are relaxed from the weekend, etc.

What time do you aim to call between?

I work full-time, but not necessarily M-F. I have to work some weekends, too. So far, I haven't done any M-A-C's. That's a new concept for me. I tried to do the Sunday night calling for host coaching and bookings, but couldn't get past the 300 lb phone syndrome. Now I make a few calls through the week and some on Sundays. My children are grown, so I don't have to worry about ball games and such. I'm trying to have 2 shows/week. I think my average is probably 1 1/2. I started last July 1st, and I'm loving it! Good luck to every one.

I work full time as a teacher and I have 4 children from ages 13-6. I do Pampered Chef kitchen shows 1-2 times a week. According to P.C., that makes me full time with Pampered Chef.

I hear you on the 300 lb phone syndrome! what strategies are you using to get over that? Have you been successful in finding strategies to obtain bookings? Have you approached people at your full-time job? I'm a little nervous to do that because I don't want my company to think that I'm distracted from my job there.

Ann F said:
I work full-time, but not necessarily M-F. I have to work some weekends, too. So far, I haven't done any M-A-C's. That's a new concept for me. I tried to do the Sunday night calling for host coaching and bookings, but couldn't get past the 300 lb phone syndrome. Now I make a few calls through the week and some on Sundays. My children are grown, so I don't have to worry about ball games and such. I'm trying to have 2 shows/week. I think my average is probably 1 1/2. I started last July 1st, and I'm loving it! Good luck to every one.

Sunday calls
Stephanie S said:
I too have tried to limit my calls to Sunday nights. I feel that it's a good night as people aren't in the rush of the middle of their week. They are relaxed from the weekend, etc.

What time do you aim to call between?

I usually try to call after six. That way everyone is pretty much finished with dinner, and hopefully just relaxing.

Part-Time Pampered ChefI also work full time during the week. Trying to juggle a family too is fun. Fortunatly my son is 17, so I dont worry about him, much. I try to schedule a day on the weekend for family time, :D
or time for something I want to do, like horseback riding, or working with my of my horses, that is why I got into this business. I also found what works best is when i get home from my day job, I relax for about a half hour, to catch my breath, then start dinner, while dinner is cooking, I sit with my husband and talk , after dinner is when I start to work, try schduling your calls for certain days from certain times. Make a list of what you want to accomplish that night, I know if I dont, I will forget to do something. :eek:
Good Luck!

The Power Hour ConceptIf you set "office hours" you'll find that it really helps. Train yourself to start - and stop - on time. The power hour (give or take 15 minutes) is a good place to start.

The first 30 minutes spend host coaching current hosts and calling potential hosts getting new bookings.

The next 15 minutes use to call recruits, or potential recruits if you don't have any yet.

The last 30 minutes spend servicing those people that you've talked with. Maybe putting together a host packet and mailing it, preparing business info for a potential recruit, closing a show...preping for your next show...whatever it might be. This is where the time can be flexible.

As you start adding customer care calls like the BIG MAC calls, you will want to adjust this schedule. But more than likely if you got in to PC part time you don't want it to dominate ALL of your free time after your FT job. So if you discipline yourself to about an hour each night then you can really knock things out.

Consistency is the key to everything in this business - show schedule, recruiting, sales, incentives and yes time management. It seems that if you can get into a routine it flows a lot better.

Hope this helps some! :rolleyes:

Becca brought up a good point about the Power Hour (Belinda Ellsworth's tapes explains this in detail).

I find that I can't find an entire hour to devote at one sitting. To make it work for me, I break up my hour into 15 minute blocks. I will do host coaching for 15 mintues then later that day I'll do another 15 minute BIG MAC block. Later I will do customer care, and finally I will do a 15 minute block of downline calls/training. It works for me.

Host Coaching tipsI'm looking for some host coaching tips. I've participated in the Tele Class, I've registerd for a seminar at the conference, and I've read all of the available material. I find that many of my hosts are extremely shy on the phone. I also find that I am having a hard time trying to convince them to invite as many people as possible! I try to work with them on their wishlists, and when they realize that they will need to push their guests to purchase, in order to reap the benefits, they tend to shy away as well! Any suggestions? Oh, and I even use incentive coupons that I found on the flyer section of this site - I think they're great. I hope they work. Thank you!

Here is what I have on Host Coaching. (I don't remember where all these came from...some from class and conference....some from boards and emails...maybe even some from here!)

Attachments

• Guest list with address-email-phone.doc
    43 KB · Views: 781
  • host buy down kit.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 608
  • Host Coaching 4 tips.doc
    19 KB · Views: 679
  • hostchecklist.doc
    130 KB · Views: 567
  • Hostess Scavenger Hunt.doc
    19 KB · Views: 700
Still more....

Attachments

• How to handle host cancellations.doc
    24 KB · Views: 571
  • how to have $1000 show.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 679
  • SUCCESSFUL Show Your Goal.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 690
  • 5 for 5 host challenge.doc
    297 KB · Views: 783
  • host checklist.doc
    149.5 KB · Views: 636
And more....

Attachments

• Host Letter Email.doc
    24 KB · Views: 788
  • Host Only Apron Sale.doc
    557 KB · Views: 665
  • Host Coaching Essentials TeleClass.doc
    27 KB · Views: 587
  • Host Coaching Essentials.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 682
  • Host Coaching Guidelines.doc
    21 KB · Views: 717
Gosh...didn't realize I had this much!

Attachments

• Call Information Sheet.doc
    21 KB · Views: 702
  • Host TIC_TAC_TOE.doc
    167.5 KB · Views: 603
  • Preparty checklist.doc
    28 KB · Views: 758
  • Tips for a great show.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 676
  • 50 guests in 5 minutes.doc
    11 KB · Views: 771
More....

A lot of this might be outdated.....check before you use.

Attachments

• host coaching 2.doc
    21 KB · Views: 642
  • host coaching sheet.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 836
  • Last 10 shows worksheet.doc
    11.5 KB · Views: 747
ha ha. thanks so much Ginger! These will be a great help!

1. What are the benefits of being a Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultant?

As a Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultant, you have the flexibility to work on your own schedule and choose your own hours. You also have the opportunity to earn discounts on products, free products, and even cash bonuses. Additionally, you have access to training and support from a team of experienced consultants.

2. How much can I expect to earn as a Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultant?

Your earnings as a Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultant will depend on your sales and the number of parties or events you hold. On average, consultants earn around $200 per party. The more parties you hold, the higher your potential earnings can be. You also have the opportunity to earn additional income through team building and leadership roles.

3. Do I need to have any previous experience or skills to become a Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultant?

No, you do not need any previous experience or skills to become a Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultant. We provide all the necessary training and support to help you succeed. All you need is a passion for cooking and a desire to share our high-quality products with others.

4. What is the time commitment required for being a Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultant?

The time commitment for being a Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultant can vary, but on average, consultants spend about 10-15 hours per week on their business. This includes hosting parties, preparing for events, and connecting with potential customers. As a part-time consultant, you have the flexibility to adjust your schedule to fit your other commitments.

5. Can I sell Pampered Chef products online as a Part-Time Consultant?

Yes, as a Part-Time Pampered Chef Consultant, you have the option to sell products online through your personal website. This allows you to reach a wider audience and increase your sales. However, we also encourage consultants to host in-person parties and events, as they provide a more personal and interactive experience for customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kari L Ferrell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Kristin B