• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Parchment Vs. Wax Paper? Help!

In summary, parchment paper is essential when baking on a pizza stone, as it prevents food from sticking, burning, and running off the stone. It also allows for easy removal of cookies and can be reused multiple times. Greasing the stone or using wax paper is not recommended. Additionally, using parchment paper can prevent overcooking and melting of cookies, and it is safe to use with mini loaf pans. It is important to be cautious of using cooking sprays with propellants, as they can potentially cause burning.
heat123
Silver Member
I do not have parchement paper but I do have wax paper. Can I substitute it for baking on the pizza stone for a giant brownie or not? I am making the peanutty brownie tonight for dessert anyone help please???!!!

thanks!

heat123 said:
I do not have parchement paper but I do have wax paper. Can I substitute it for baking on the pizza stone for a giant brownie or not? I am making the peanutty brownie tonight for dessert anyone help please???!!!

thanks!
NO!! Go to the store and get some parchment paper.

Difference b/n wax v. parchment papersThere is a big difference between wax paper and parchment paper. Using wax paper in the oven is a bad idea. The wax will melt, coat your sheets and burn in the oven — generally not the culinary experience you’re after. And greasing your cookie sheets will cause the cookies to spread more.

Parchment paper comes on a roll like wax paper but is coated on each side, usually with silicone. It allows you to immediately remove cookies and the like to stop the baking process and avoid overbaking. Also, you can reuse a sheet several times when you are making multiple batches of cookies. The best part is you have no greasy, charred, dough-encrusted baking sheet to scrub.

(excerpted data that I researched for a brunch show featuring omelet roll)
ms

Wax paper vs. parchmentDo not use wax paper. It will burn. As Smokey the Bear says...it's better to prevent fires... :)

Nonstick?If the stones are nonstick, why do they need parchment paper on them? Also, do you need to grease the mini loaf pans when using? I have but they keep burning (yes, I know stones are supposed to burn, but these turn too dark on edges). Thanks...BEE

I use the parchment for the omelet roll in order to help roll it and parchment is useful when baking cookies b/c it will keep the cookies from over cooking (since stones retain heat longer, if you keep them on the stone, they will keep baking) the other benefit when baking cookies is that they won't melt on the hot stone when you've got dozens of cookies to bake.

I spray my mini-loaf pan w/ kitchen spritzer. I've read on this site something about propellant in cooking sprays like Pam...perhaps those too dark edges is the byproduct burning of that stuff?

my thoughts...

A Must!!
beepampered said:
If the stones are nonstick, why do they need parchment paper on them? Also, do you need to grease the mini loaf pans when using? I have but they keep burning (yes, I know stones are supposed to burn, but these turn too dark on edges). Thanks...BEE

You have to use parchment paper for a brownie pizza or else the brownie will run off the stone and into the bottom of your oven! :eek: So this is a must for a brownie pizza!!

What is the difference between parchment paper and wax paper?

Parchment paper is a non-stick, heat-resistant paper that is coated with silicone. It is used for baking and cooking because it can withstand high temperatures without melting or catching fire. Wax paper, on the other hand, is coated with wax and is not heat-resistant. It is primarily used for wrapping and storing food.

Can I use parchment paper instead of wax paper?

Yes, you can use parchment paper as a substitute for wax paper in certain cases. Parchment paper is safe to use in the oven and can be used for baking, roasting, and even making homemade candy. However, it should not be used in the microwave as it can catch fire. It is also not recommended for wrapping food as the silicone coating may transfer onto the food.

What can I use instead of parchment paper?

If you do not have parchment paper on hand, you can use aluminum foil as a substitute. It is also heat-resistant and non-stick, making it suitable for baking and roasting. However, it is not recommended for wrapping food as it may react with certain acidic or salty foods.

Can parchment paper go in the oven?

Yes, parchment paper is safe to use in the oven. It is heat-resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F. It is important to note that parchment paper should not come into direct contact with the heating element in the oven as it can catch fire.

Can I reuse parchment paper?

Yes, you can reuse parchment paper multiple times as long as it is not too greasy or heavily soiled. However, it is not recommended to use the same piece of parchment paper for more than two or three times as it may become brittle and tear easily. It is also important to note that parchment paper should not be reused if it has come into contact with raw meat or other potentially harmful substances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• clshirk
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • 4kids4me