1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Parchment vs. wax paper? HELP!

1. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

I do not have parchement paper but I do have wax paper. Can I substitute it for baking on the pizza stone for a giant brownie or not? I am making the peanutty brownie tonight for dessert anyone help please???!!!

thanks!

Dec 24, 2005
  2. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

NO!! Go to the store and get some parchment paper.

Dec 24, 2005
  3. MSmith

MSmith Member

Difference b/n wax v. parchment papers

There is a big difference between wax paper and parchment paper. Using wax paper in the oven is a bad idea. The wax will melt, coat your sheets and burn in the oven — generally not the culinary experience you’re after. And greasing your cookie sheets will cause the cookies to spread more.

Parchment paper comes on a roll like wax paper but is coated on each side, usually with silicone. It allows you to immediately remove cookies and the like to stop the baking process and avoid overbaking. Also, you can reuse a sheet several times when you are making multiple batches of cookies. The best part is you have no greasy, charred, dough-encrusted baking sheet to scrub.

(excerpted data that I researched for a brunch show featuring omelet roll)
    ms

Dec 24, 2005
  4. Trish1953

Trish1953 Member Silver Member

Wax paper vs. parchment

Do not use wax paper. It will burn. As Smokey the Bear says...it's better to prevent fires... :)

Dec 24, 2005
  5. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

Nonstick?

If the stones are nonstick, why do they need parchment paper on them? Also, do you need to grease the mini loaf pans when using? I have but they keep burning (yes, I know stones are supposed to burn, but these turn too dark on edges). Thanks...BEE

Dec 26, 2005
  6. MSmith

MSmith Member

I use the parchment for the omelet roll in order to help roll it and parchment is useful when baking cookies b/c it will keep the cookies from over cooking (since stones retain heat longer, if you keep them on the stone, they will keep baking) the other benefit when baking cookies is that they won't melt on the hot stone when you've got dozens of cookies to bake.

I spray my mini-loaf pan w/ kitchen spritzer. I've read on this site something about propellant in cooking sprays like Pam...perhaps those too dark edges is the byproduct burning of that stuff?

my thoughts...

Dec 27, 2005
  7. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

A Must!!

You have to use parchment paper for a brownie pizza or else the brownie will run off the stone and into the bottom of your oven! :eek: So this is a must for a brownie pizza!!

Dec 27, 2005
Have something to add?