• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Parchment Paper

apriljc

Advanced Member
Apr 3, 2006
I just have a question out there for all of you that have been in this business longer than I have. I read all of these recipes and they mention partchment paper. Do you really have to use it? I have cooked a few times already in my stines and have just used spray or cooking oil to make them non stick. Please tell me what you all do. Thanks in advance

April

lacychef

Legend Member
Feb 15, 2006
I must say the only time I use my parchment is when I'm making a dessert pizza that calls for a brownie crust. People still are surprised to learn you can make a brownie on a flat stone without it dripping off the sides. The parchment is nice though, since it makes for minimal cleanup.

tracymagu

Mar 16, 2006
I'm making the Bountiful Breakfast Pizza on Saturday. It says use Parchment & I don't have any. What's the purpose in this recipe & do I need it? If so, what the difference between PC and store bought?

jrstephens

Legend Member
Feb 18, 2006
I used it with the Omelet Roll. I made the Rocky Road Brownie squares and I think it would have been easier with the parchment. I also used it when I made one of the tortes. I think it helps with somethings!

I also used store brand b/c I got some at our local Dirt Cheap for a little of nothing. If it were using it at a show I would prefer to use the PC brand just for show purposes.

quiverfull7

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2006
spray in stoneware?

apriljc said:
I just have a question out there for all of you that have been in this business longer than I have. I read all of these recipes and they mention partchment paper. Do you really have to use it? I have cooked a few times already in my stines and have just used spray or cooking oil to make them non stick. Please tell me what you all do. Thanks in advance

April

I am wondering if anyone else has been told not to use sprays like Pam etc?
I was told or heard somewhere that it should not be used because it builds up and it prevents proper seasoning. Anyone know about this?

Aug 29, 2006
I use parchment paper when I make cookies or cook bacon (in the oven). The reason for cookies is that I can slide them off the hot stone (still on paper) and slide another batch on and pop it right back into the oven. With bacon, use a stone with a lip (not a flat stone), cook at 400 degrees, and clean-up is MUCH easier with the paper.

Regarding the cooking sprays, I've used them for years. However, I have switched to the natural sprays do to avoiding unwanted chemicals. I've never had a problem with build up or not seasoning. If I don't use a natural spray I'll use the Kitchen Spritzer.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
The sticky build-up you sometimes get on your cookware is from the commercial cooking sprays. Go natural for best results!

mbh06

Silver Member
Jul 31, 2006
So what is best to use on your stoneware to season it, like the muffin pans?? I got the mini fluted and used it tonight and my cake stuck to the bottom, I want to do it on Tues. at my show and I was wondering a quick way to season it? Any suggestions, no I do not have the kitchen spritzer
Thanks,
Melissa

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
Couple of things

mbh06 said:
So what is best to use on your stoneware to season it, like the muffin pans?? I got the mini fluted and used it tonight and my cake stuck to the bottom, I want to do it on Tues. at my show and I was wondering a quick way to season it? Any suggestions, no I do not have the kitchen spritzer
Thanks,
Melissa

The thing to remember with our bundt type and cupcake type stoneware is to ALWAYS use some type of oil. Even when you are using a "non-stick" bakeware piece of this type, you are supposed to grease and flour it. Because of all the nooks and crannies, stuff just sticks.

I recommend Pan-Eeze (recipe follows). I swear by the stuff, and my cakes, muffins, bundts, etc. pop right out.

The recipe is very simple:

Equal parts Shortening, Vegetable Oil, and Flour. Mix together, and store in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature for liquid application; or use cold like regular shortening!

HTH!

pamperedgirl3

Jun 7, 2006
Does anyone know what is in the parchment paper that keeps the brownie from spreading off of it? I made the Peanutty Brownie Pizza at a show last night & my MIL of all people asked. I didn't know & just laughed & told her because I said so! But what is the reason b/c I'd love to be able to tell her!

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
"The Magic of The Pampered Chef"!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Does anyone know what is in the parchment paper that keeps the brownie from spreading off of it? I made the Peanutty Brownie Pizza at a show last night & my MIL of all people asked. I didn't know & just laughed & told her because I said so! But what is the reason b/c I'd love to be able to tell her!

This is one of those things that I describe at my shows as "The Magic of TPC"! As in:

"I don't know how or why this works, I just know it does! I call it 'The Magic of The Pampered Chef'!"

I would love to know the real reason on this if anyone else does!

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I use the parchment when it's called for simply because it usually makes the recipe easier in one way or another.

As far as why it works with the brownie, I'm with Nicole--it's PC magic. However, the magic didn't work in my old oven. It didn't sit flat, so the brownie cooked at an angle. It obviously didn't get done before it spread. Oops!