• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Parchment Paper

In summary, parchment paper is a non-stick paper that is commonly used for baking and cooking. It is made from paper treated with a thin layer of silicone and can withstand oven temperatures up to 450°F. It can be reused multiple times and can be recycled after use. It is also safe to use in the microwave, but it is important to use plain white parchment paper to avoid potential harm from dyes or chemicals. Alternatives to parchment paper include aluminum foil, silicone baking mats, or greasing the pan with cooking spray or butter, but these may not provide the same results.
pamperedkel
Does parchment paper affect the way the stone bakes? I'm making a brownie pizza for my next show and I'm sure I will get this question. Has anyone made it without the parchment paper?

Kelly

DON"T DO IT!! The Brownie will run off the stone and catch the oven on FIRE!!! I know for a fact because it happened to me!!

Ok, I definitely don't want that!!!!!!!

Thanks Donna :D

But do you still get all the same benefits with the stone as you usually would?

1. What is parchment paper and what is it used for?

Parchment paper is a type of non-stick paper that is typically used for baking and cooking. It is made from paper that has been treated with a thin layer of silicone, which gives it its non-stick properties. Parchment paper is often used to line baking sheets and pans, as well as to wrap foods for cooking in the oven.

2. Is parchment paper safe to use in the oven?

Yes, parchment paper is safe to use in the oven. It is heat-resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 450°F. It is important to note, however, that parchment paper should not come into direct contact with an open flame, as it can catch fire.

3. Can parchment paper be reused?

Yes, parchment paper can be reused multiple times, as long as it is still in good condition. If the paper has become torn or greasy, it is best to replace it with a new sheet. Parchment paper can be recycled after use.

4. Can I use parchment paper in the microwave?

Yes, parchment paper can be used in the microwave. However, it is important to use only plain white parchment paper, as colored or printed parchment paper may contain dyes or chemicals that could be harmful when heated.

5. Are there any alternatives to using parchment paper?

Yes, there are a few alternatives to using parchment paper. You can use aluminum foil or silicone baking mats instead, but these may not provide the same non-stick properties as parchment paper. You can also grease your baking pan or sheet with cooking spray or butter, but this may result in a slightly different texture or browning of your food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies