• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a Pantry Party? Seeking Ideas and Clarification

In summary, the potential host wanted to do a "Pantry Party" which CI did not know what it was. There are many ideas that can be done with a Pantry party.
kuntrycook
Hi folks,

I had a request tonight from a potential host to do a "Pantry Party". Now, I don't know what that is. I, of course, told her: "Sure, we'll work it out...". All the while thinking to myself: "what is a Pantry Party???". I've searched these forums and couldn't find anything, and unless I overlooked it, I wasn't able to find anything on the Consultants Corner either.

Does anyone have any ideas what it is, exactly, that she's asking me to do? If not, do you have any ideas that I can work with to "pretend" like I'm having a party focusing on Pantry items? She mentioned housewarming...so maybe she's just wanting a standard PC cooking show...I really don't know because she was in a hurry and I didn't get to ask many questions. I'll be back in touch with her soon...so maybe then I can get some clarification...but thought I'd throw the question out here...just in case someone here had heard the term "pantry party".

Thanks y'all! ~ C

I never heard of that idea before. Well the first thing that I thought of was that it would be based on our Pantry items. Maybe you could choose a recipe that highlights one of your favorite spices/rubs. And then show how they can be used for dips, marinades, glazes, etc.
I am interested in other's ideas too!!

I actually put together a show based on our pantry items. I have 8 recipes I use. Each recipe, the ingredients, and the PC tools/serving pieces are each in the own PC grocery bag. I do the show interactive - 1-2 people per recipe, so in about 15 minutes ALL 8 recipes are finished and ready for tasting. I have the host by most of the ingredients - some I buy if they need pre-show prep like the bread sticks. Since the cost of the ingredients is more than $15, I really emphasize to the host to NOT make any other food - remember, we will have 8 things ready to sample.

I have a document I will share - give me 10 minutes, I am browning ground beef and need to go to the home computer vs. my work lap top.

I have done the show a couple times and people LOVE it. They are amazed at how easy they all are. I am doing another one in August, but am making one small change. I am going to use the Ginger-Wasabi Sauce with chicken nuggets (microwave) vs. the sun-dried tomato dipping sauce that is on the document.

I would take that 2 ways - either our pantry items made into a show like a tastefully simple show OR how to use things that are already in your pantry to make a meal. Is the customer familiar enough with our products to know how we use the term "pantry item"?

Here are the recipes I use.

After everything is made and on the table ready to be sampled, I ask each group how "such and such tool" helped in preparing their recipe. For example: Spicy Sauce calls for 1/4 C to be poured over the cream cheese. In their bag, I have the Easy Read Mini Measuring Cup - so I will ask that group how it made it easy to measure out the sauce. To get a plug in for the serving pieces, after each group shares - I point out what the recipe is being served on. For example: Sweet Sprinkles is served in the Dots Bowl Trio that is set in the Dots Medium Round Bowl (dips in the trio and pretzels around it in the medium bowl), etc.

Attachments

• SOME TASTY SIMPLE ADDITIONS.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 528
wow...thats great.

I also thought of this as using our pantry items and maybe doing recipes that would use what you already had in your pantry. Any other ideas?

Thanks for everyone's input...especially a shout out to lpacker for the great show idea!!! That sounds like something I might try in the near future. I'm going to be talking to my host over the weekend...so I'll be sure to explain to her that the term "pantry" refers to our rubs, seasonings, etc... I don't know how familiar she is with the Pampered Chef...so either way, this will be fun!Thanks again!! ~ C

I did a "spice it up" party with a host... .they used all of our spices on chix wings and made it into a game of guess what the spice is. The correct winner got a prize. And I made the greek cheese torte dip also as my recipe. It was different and fun for her guests. :)

Check out listings for Sip and Dip parties too. We used to do those as an express show. Or check express show!

i would tell the hostess there are several ways to do a pantry show how exactly did she want hers done and let her tell you what she wants so you make sure you give her what she wants. much better to ask then disappoint. good luck~

Okay, so I just had someone invite me to one of these for a friend of mine. Basically what it is a stock the shelves of a pantry, as a house-warming. Of course, I am going to contact the person coordinating it and try to turn it into a PC party and ask everyone to bring an item on the "well-stocked" pantry listing. Hope this helps!

Going back to the first post....I think that from reading all of the other posts there are MANY different definitions of pantry party. To find out what your host wants, you should ask her what she means by pantry party. You might be planning this big party involving all of our sauces and seasonings, and that's not what she meant at all!

The best way to know what people want is to ask them.

What is a Pantry Party?

A Pantry Party is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. It allows you and your guests to see and taste our products in action, while learning new recipes and kitchen tips.

How do I host a Pantry Party?

Hosting a Pantry Party is easy and free! Simply invite your friends, family, and neighbors to your home or virtually, and your consultant will take care of the rest. You can also earn free and discounted products as a thank-you for hosting.

What can I expect at a Pantry Party?

At a Pantry Party, you and your guests will have the opportunity to try out our top-quality kitchen tools and sample delicious recipes. Your consultant will also provide tips and tricks for using our products effectively and efficiently in your everyday cooking.

Do I need to purchase anything at a Pantry Party?

There is no pressure to purchase anything at a Pantry Party. However, if you do see something you like, you can place an order with your consultant during or after the party. We also offer special discounts and host rewards for party guests who make a purchase.

Can I customize the menu for my Pantry Party?

Yes, you can work with your consultant to choose the recipes you would like to see demonstrated at your Pantry Party. You can also request specific products or themes, such as holiday cooking or quick and easy weeknight meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smartcookie
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • mcwach