• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pantry Tax in PA: What Is It and What's the %?

In summary,The pantry tax is the percentage of sales tax that is added to the price of items in your pantry. In some states this tax is separate from the sales tax on regular items, while in others it is added together.
PamperedJess
Hello can someone please tell me what the pantry tax is ? If the show is in PA and the sales tax is 6 % is that the %?

In massachusettsthere is no tax on pantry items. Is there tax on food in your state ? If there is then i guess it would be the same ?

Food taxThat is right. Whatever your state's food tax is, that's the percentage for pantry items. I don't know where you're located, but in Wisconsin, it's 0%.

Diane

Thanks guys...very appreciated!!!!

We have food tax in our town. It is 3.6% so I have to charge it on top of the 7.1% for the regular tax.

WowWe do not have food tax, but the tax is my county is 8% - and usually goes up once a year! I cannot even remember when it was only 6%!

I know this is late in coming but...All you need to do is go to Consultant's Corner, Click on "My Business",
"Tax Information" and the "Tax Guide". Key in the state and city or zip. This will give you all the tax info you need for your shows.

I didnt think we were suppose to do it according to your state...but according to the town you are in or having the show in. How does everyone else do it?

If you look at the receipt - I have F/W 04 in front of me - you will see 2 separate places to place items. One place is for pantry only. figure the pantry items, subtract the past host discount if needed, then charge your food tax rate to that amount - only the food tax (3% or whatever).

The other place is for all of the other items. You total the products - not including the pantry items - subtract the past host discount if needed. Now charge your sales tax on that amount (some states tax shipping, so if your state taxes shipping add it in before you figure the tax).

That gives you a total and then there is a line for you to bring over your pantry amount. You add the 2 totals - pantry total and product total - for your total order.

The food tax is not on top of the regular sales tax. It is completely separate and then the total added.

This is very confusing but I don't know any other way for them to fix the receipt. Some states tax shipping, some charge different taxes for food than everything else, and some states do not tax food at all. Remember to follow the tax guidelines for the shipping address. For example, I live in Oklahoma and as long as I have shows in Oklahoma my tax stuff stays the same, but if I go over into Arkansas they change because Arkansas taxes shipping and Oklahoma doesn't.

I am so thankful that Pampered Partner does this for us. I would hate to have to do all of that by hand.

Shawnna

I know how to figure all that as I have been in PC for 8 years. What I am getting at is...in my town the tax for regular PC items is 7.1% , but the town an hour away from me is 7.75% and another may be 6% it is still in the same state. I do not do a state tax for all shows in same state...I do the tax for the town I am in.

WowI thought Massachusetts has a high tax rate 5 percent ! I guess not! We do not tax shipping or food in Massachusetts either. Guess it is acually pretty good.

1. What is the Pantry Tax in PA?

The Pantry Tax in PA is a sales tax on food and beverages purchased at grocery stores, convenience stores, and other food retailers in Pennsylvania.

2. How much is the Pantry Tax in PA?

The Pantry Tax in PA is currently 6%, which is the same as the state's general sales tax rate.

3. Are there any exemptions to the Pantry Tax in PA?

Yes, certain food and beverages are exempt from the Pantry Tax in PA, including most unprepared foods such as fruits, vegetables, and meats, as well as milk, baby formula, and dietary supplements.

4. Can I get a refund for the Pantry Tax in PA?

No, there are no refunds for the Pantry Tax in PA. Once the tax is paid at the point of purchase, it is considered a part of the total cost of the items.

5. Are there any proposed changes to the Pantry Tax in PA?

There have been discussions about potentially expanding the Pantry Tax in PA to include more food and beverages, but no changes have been implemented at this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Laura4
  • Happy Mom