• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pan-Fried Steaks with Balsamic Vinegar and Blue Cheese

In summary, to properly season the steaks, generously sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper and add any desired seasonings before cooking. Any type of steak can be used for the recipe, but thicker cuts are recommended. The doneness of the steaks can be determined using a meat thermometer, with temperatures of 135°F for medium-rare, 145°F for medium, and 160°F for well-done. Different types of cheese can be used instead of blue cheese, such as feta, gorgonzola, or goat cheese. After cooking, it is important to let the steaks rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute and create a more tender and flavorful steak.
Niki Kate
I made the pan fried steaks with balsamic vinegar and blue cheese. Use the balsamic very sparingly otherwise the steak tastes sweet.... almost giving the impression of rotting.

Sounds great besides the blue cheese, any alternatives?

Use a strong cheese. One that can hold its own, and is creamy.

1. How do I properly season the steaks?

To properly season the steaks, generously sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. You can also add any other desired seasonings, such as garlic powder or herbs, before cooking.

2. Can I use any type of steak for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of steak for this recipe. However, we recommend using thick cuts of steak, such as ribeye or filet mignon, for best results.

3. How do I know when the steaks are cooked to my desired doneness?

The best way to determine the doneness of the steaks is by using a meat thermometer. For medium-rare, the internal temperature should reach 135°F, for medium it should be 145°F, and for well-done it should be 160°F.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of blue cheese?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese if you prefer. Feta, gorgonzola, or goat cheese would also work well in this recipe.

5. How long should I let the steaks rest before serving?

It is important to let the steaks rest for about 5 minutes after cooking. This allows the juices to redistribute and results in a more tender and flavorful steak.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
Replies