• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Self-hosting During Panorama: Can You Score Points from Yourself?

In summary, you would get "points" for selling the cookware to yourself if you hosted a show during Panarama time.
bridgetbakes
If a consultant hosts a show during Panarama time and as host purchases a piece of cookware, do you get "points" for selling it to yourself? :blushing:

I *think* that we do not get paid commission on shows that we host. This is why I always put them in my moms name and have them shipped to my house. This way you also do not have to worry if the cookware will count towards incentives.

Something else that you can do is create a name that you would use to submit shows. Like your middle name and your maiden name of if you are like me and you are not married I use my middle name and my mom's maiden name.

nikkijo said:
I *think* that we do not get paid commission on shows that we host. This is why I always put them in my moms name and have them shipped to my house. This way you also do not have to worry if the cookware will count towards incentives.

We most certainly do get paid on shows we host!!!!! We just don't get paid on what we personally order at the host discount. All the other orders are commissionable!

finley1991 said:
We most certainly do get paid on shows we host!!!!! We just don't get paid on what we personally order at the host discount. All the other orders are commissionable!

Thank you for the correction! I just remembered that I was told not to submit the show in my name, in someone that is not in my household so that I get my full commission.

Well I do know that right after I started I submitted a show that my mom had, but I still live with her and they weren't going to be able to give me full commission because it was being delivered to my house...even though it was under my mom's name so now I have to submit them under...her name c/o my name.

This is not directed to the posters who said these particular things. I know they heard this from others. Please don't take personal offense to my comments.

Why would you make up a name or not put your own name as host?? You know if people keep trying to get around the "rules" pretty soon we'll have to give the host's social security number too.

I am sorry, but I am really tired of people inventing ways to get around things. Pampered Chef is so generous to us. They make it possible for us to earn every new product for free or buy it at 1/2 off. We can get things at 40% off through kit enhancement every April if we want and can buy other things at a discount. When we host a show we can earn all the host benefits (except commission on the host discount and the booking benefit) on top of our commission!

If you need more commissionable sales then get on the phone. If we run our businesses without making up the rules we will be respected and trusted.

The only time I submit a show I put together with someone else's name is if I am running a Mystery Host event and then all involved know that.

We do get commission on the shows we self host, even checking the consultant as host check box. This is ok and not bending any rules.

We do not get commission on what we order for ourselves with the host %off discount. We DO get commission on the guest orders.

We do not get the booking benefit on shows booked from a consultant hosted show. We DO get the host benefit (60% off item) for the show that we host.

Even my director says that we don't get commission on consultant hosted shows -- but the policies and procedures manual and submitting in my name say otherwise. Maybe the rules used to be different and that is why there seems to be confustion?

I have hosted shows before in my name and I have gotten commission on the guest sales. We just do not get commission on what we order with the host % off.

I have done shows in my mom's name before to get the booking benefits for future shows. I have never jsut made up a name for it.

I have shows shipped to me all the time with no problem for any host that wants me to. You do not have a problem with it if you put the c/o of on it.

That must be it floccies I just know what I was told my HO when I submitted a show that was held by my mom and when I submitted it to come to her house(which I still live in). I am not trying to get around any rules I just did what my director suggested that we do. To be quite honest with you when I submit a show where I am the host I don't order anything at the host discount and most of the free and half price items I get and use in gift baskets for my Relay for Life team to use in a raffle.

Jennifer, I didn't realize at the time that you needed to put the C/O since my mom was the host that was the point that I was trying to make earlier. Thank you for putting it in other words.

So, getting back to my original question, (;) ), if I purchase cookware on a show I host, I would get points toward pan-a-rama from that purchase?

bridgetbakes said:
So, getting back to my original question, (;) ), if I purchase cookware on a show I host, I would get points toward pan-a-rama from that purchase?
YES!!!

Any cookware purchased as part of a show is counted - even if it is hosted by and purchased by a consultant.

Individual orders from customers also count.

BethCooks4U said:
YES!!!

Any cookware purchased as part of a show is counted - even if it is hosted by and purchased by a consultant.

YAY ME! I LOVE THIS GIG! :D

Shucks I thought the Turkey Roaster was included in the 60% off promo like last time!!! One of my hosts wants it. I'm going to have to pay the difference if I put it as one of her 1/2 off options. I still get the pan-o-rama points, right? 145? Whooohooo...

Yes it is! $58 (it is listed under professional):)

Last edited:
For the newbies and some old ones too...please, please, please read the consultant policies thoroughly, go there when you have questions, and of course ask, ask, ask.

I think many are under the assumption that you have to put things in other people's names to make money, etc., etc.

I have already hosted my own show and you do get commission on everything except your order.

For large price items and those with lifetime warranties...I guess I look at it this way... What IF I wasn't a consultant 10 years from now. Would I want to have to explain to another consultant that I put the show in a fake name or a relative's name to get my items cheaper? If a fake name is used, does HO have to even honor my warranty?

I thoroughly understand what Beth is saying and she isn't trying to stick anyone to the rules or be mean, it just is the point of how long is misinformation going to get to people and how long will people "bend" the rules before HO cracks down on a topic, any topic and makes it harder for us to do our jobs. I'd hate to turn in more information, or have to PROVE my hosts are who they said they are.

On the question of points for us - WHO-HOO!!!!! I'm hosting my own catalog show this month!!!! I was going to do August for knives, but I REALLY want some good cookware!!!!

I think the P&P manual says that someone who lives in your household cannot host a show for you. So, that is why you would need to put C/O in order to get those booking benefits and commission on the host order. If you are just staying there temporarily, I don't see a problem with that, but if it is a permanent thing then it could be a problem. Basically it would be like me hosting a show and putting it in my 14 year old daughter's name. I am the one who is benefiting from the products in my home and then on top of that I am getting commission on the sale. Not exactly a level playing field for other consultants.

Shawnna said:
I think the P&P manual says that someone who lives in your household cannot host a show for you. So, that is why you would need to put C/O in order to get those booking benefits and commission on the host order. If you are just staying there temporarily, I don't see a problem with that, but if it is a permanent thing then it could be a problem. Basically it would be like me hosting a show and putting it in my 14 year old daughter's name. I am the one who is benefiting from the products in my home and then on top of that I am getting commission on the sale. Not exactly a level playing field for other consultants.
When there is a contest the rules often say "employees and their immediate families are not eligible...". Wouldn't that really be a pain if PC decided they need to do something like that because we wanted the commission on that extra $30 we spent with the show discount or to take advantage of the host deals. Another thing that they could do is start charging US for the benefits like a lot of ds companies do. I for one will follow their guidelines in hopes that they continue being so generous to us and our hosts! As I've said in the past - if you have to justify it, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

My mom (who I live with) has hosted several shows for me and has been incredibly supportive of my PC business. Everything in this house that is PC she has paid full-price for, she has earned through hosting a show or I have earned as a consultant. I have never even used my discount to buy something for her.My mom and husband sometimes will even purchase something to help my hosts get to the next level (and my hosts appreciate it) I'm all about following rules but it doesn't make sense to be that my best customers are not treated the same as all my other customers.

how do we know how many points we have? does PC keep them somewhere for us that we can find online? thanks

On CC, go to Consultant Incentives> Recruiting and sales promotions >Redeem por points

as usual, than you ann... what would i do without you?

jenniferknapp said:
Yes it is! $58 (it is listed under professional):)
Duh!!! I was looking for it under Executive!! Since the Exec came out I don't even look at Professional. LOL

BethCooks4U said:
YES!!!

I am second guessing this now...I just read policies and procedures that state "Personal orders placed on the show do not count toward the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award."

So if I purchase a piece of cookware as Consultant Host, wouldn't that count as a personal order on a show? :confused: So confused!

Bumping up. :blushing:

bridgetbakes said:
Bumping up. :blushing:

I think you may be right - call HO while they are still open for a few minutes and ask!

What is self-hosting during Panorama?

Self-hosting during Panorama is a strategy used in the board game where you score points by completing a row or column of cards that are all from your own hand.

Can you score points from yourself during self-hosting?

Yes, you can score points from yourself during self-hosting. In fact, this is the main objective of self-hosting.

How do you self-host during Panorama?

To self-host during Panorama, you must have a hand of cards that match the requirements of a row or column on the board. You can then place these cards in that row or column to score points for yourself.

Are there any limitations to self-hosting?

Yes, there are limitations to self-hosting. You can only self-host in rows or columns that are open, meaning they do not already have a card played by another player. Additionally, you can only self-host once per turn.

Is self-hosting the only way to score points during Panorama?

No, self-hosting is not the only way to score points during Panorama. You can also score points by building landmarks or completing objectives on the board.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • ChefJWarren
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • LibrarianChef