• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a Pampered Poll and how does it work?

In summary, the square for a $ amount and after all the squares are sold you draw a name and the winner wins the $ amount collected. In summary, the square for a $ amount and after all the squares are sold you draw a name and the winner wins the $ amount collected.
pc_jessica
okay i so i was looking at a post from about 2 years ago and it mentioned something about pampered poll i have no idea what this is and i read the whole thread but noone ever mentioned how this worked...so anyone know anything about this Pampered Poll????

You sell the square for a $ amount and after all the squares are sold you draw a name and the winner wins the $ amount collected. I do a 30 square game board and sell for $2 each. The winner gets $60 in free products and maybe a free gift - guest special. They have to pay for tax and shipping.

Sometimes I charge $3 - with $1 going to a chairty.

:chef:

I did one, sold 50 square for $2 each, with the opportunity for 8 ppl to win something. The show was w/out a hostess, and I just donated 20% of sales and gave out the hostess benefits. So 2 got $50 each in free product, 2 got 50% off one, 2 got 30% off and 2 got free shipping, a free seasons best and a shopping bag. The show was fantastic, closed out at over 1700 and everyone was thrilled. It just took organization on my part to give everyone what they won.

Again - please check with your individual state to make sure that this isn't considered gaming. What you are doing could very well be against state law, or subject to special licensing in order to be legal.

ChefBeckyD said:
Again - please check with your individual state to make sure that this isn't considered gaming. What you are doing could very well be against state law, or subject to special licensing in order to be legal.

Yes! Don't do it in AZ! There are some times when it is legal, but there are some strict guidelines and punishments!

does anyone know where i would find these gamming laws at for these type of things. i mean are they under something specific for parties. i guess i never thought about it because it is a home party, you know? i need to look into this thought. but i live in nebraska so if anyone know about nebraska laws off hand that would be super!

looked it up and nebraska says okay to raffles...or so that is what i got out of reading it anyways.

Here's another one, it seems shorter and easier to read, but I"m still super tired and can't sift through it all to give you a confirmed answer. :)Here it is: Nebraska Gambling Laws

oh now i have no idea. i am tired too and can barely read all the stuff and its terms lol. although it did mention something about not having something printed on tickets. but im not doing a ticket...so i have no idea. however i do remember my employer doing something like this last year, around superbowl time and we had to pay a dollar to be in for each box. so i am assuming that if they could do it then it must be okay...i think i'll read more about it tomorrow.

pc_jessica said:
however i do remember my employer doing something like this last year, around superbowl time and we had to pay a dollar to be in for each box. so i am assuming that if they could do it then it must be okay...i think i'll read more about it tomorrow.

Many of those Super Bowl pools are technically illegal. Even if there are no tickets, it's still a game of chance.

I had been wondering the same thing myself earlier this year, if these were legal in Connecticut. I did some research, and this is what I found on the Connecticut Employment Law Blog. This was in regard to football office pools and was posted Jan. 23, 2009:

Well, last year, Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal chimed in near game time to say, in essence, yes office pools are legal, so long as the "house" (or the employer sponsoring it) doesn't take a portion of the money. An article in the Norwich Bulletin, quotes Blumenthal as saying: “Office pools are generally legal unless they’re done for a profit by the person organizing it. In other words, if there’s a house, so to speak, or an organizer takes a cut (then it’s illegal).”

The actual law is a bit hazier as I explained in a fairly detailed post last year (available here). But since it is pretty clear that the state's top enforcement official has no interest in prosecuting office pools, there doesn't seem to be much harm in jumping in.

That varies from state to state. Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that in many states, if the organizer doesn't profit (all the money collected goes to winners), then it's OK. But that isn't always the case. When in doubt, check with your state's revenue/gaming department.

Ok Jess, according to my DH, a sheriff, if you are paying out with product and not keeping any for yourself than you are ok. If you pay with cash it's illegal. If you keep any for yourself, it's illegal.

he will call the state patrol tomorrow and check for us. it's a neat Idea, I'd like to try it out here as well.

the other Nebraskan! WITH THE SAME DOB!

Judybabe said:
Ok Jess, according to my DH, a sheriff, if you are paying out with product and not keeping any for yourself than you are ok. If you pay with cash it's illegal. If you keep any for yourself, it's illegal.

he will call the state patrol tomorrow and check for us. it's a neat Idea, I'd like to try it out here as well.

the other Nebraskan! WITH THE SAME DOB!

okay so basically if i have them pay $1 for a square and then turn that money into product its okay??? that is what the plan was, just whoever won then would get the $25 to use towards product! no cash given out they would have to use it to buy PC stuff

I'm intrigued by this but still having a difficult time understanding how exactly this works. Does anyone have a comprehensive show outline for me?

I don't understand what you mean by "selling squares" what are the squares? Why squares instead of tickets? I guess I don't understand the concept. Can someone explain to me in more detail? It's just not sinking in:p

Last edited:
well if it is legal in nebraska, still waiting on that answer... this is how i am going to do it

there is 25 squares on a paper i will sell the square for $1 or $2 each depending on which the host thinks her friends would like better...then they will pay me for the square and write their name in .... when it is full that will be either $25 or $50...i will then have pieces of paper with the numbers on them...i will draw a number whatever number is drawn will match up to a square...whosever name it is get all that money ($25 or $50) to spend on PC products...it must be spent on pc product that night..NO CASH to be given as award. that is my plan anyways others may do it differently.

Yeah Jess, and if it's ok, then my plan is to do it at a fair booth I'm doing later this week.
Chase county.

When I did this, I just cut out all the squares, and had people pick one at a time. I had no problem at all selling them for $2 each, and only did 50, so 2 ppl got the $50. Make sure you do this at the end, when they have already filled out their order forms. Stress, they must ADD another $50 in sales not just take a discount to what they already ordered. This way your show is up $100 immediately. I will definately do this again, they loved it!

Sorry, I am reposting my question- I am really interested in learning more about this!I'm intrigued by this but still having a difficult time understanding how exactly this works. Does anyone have a comprehensive show outline for me?I don't understand what you mean by "selling squares" what are the squares? Why squares instead of tickets? I guess I don't understand the concept. Can someone explain to me in more detail? It's just not sinking in :p

Try this: you are actually selling numbers or lucky numbers....people pick a number or a few at 2$ a piece. Next to that number (often number is in a square) you write your name. Now this is not a 50/50 draw...so winner takes it all. If there were 23 numbers sold at $2 each, then the winner receives $46 in Pampered Chef products of there choice. SO the winner actually does not receive the money, the consultant does and deducts the amount won from the winner's order. This is great because it adds up in guests' sales. This is a wonderful tool that can be used ahead of time before the show. The host can opt to sell some at the office or family members or anyone who would not be at the party. Of course you sell more at the party. You can even have more than one sheet going on at a time and have a few draws. It is NOT the consultant's responsibility to sell the numbers/squares, it's up to the host to decide if he wants to sell these numbers. I always strongly encourage it. I had a lady at one time selling the numbers for $420.00. It was a show before it started. Make sure people can put their phone numbers in case they win and are not a the party. You will have to call them. This works great for me so I host coach with this tool. Good luck! Clear as mud???

1. What is "Pampered Poll With $1 Squares"?

"Pampered Poll With $1 Squares" is a fun and interactive game that is available for purchase through Pampered Chef. It involves a grid of $1 squares and a set of questions for players to answer. Players can win prizes based on their answers and the squares they choose.

2. How do I play "Pampered Poll With $1 Squares"?

To play "Pampered Poll With $1 Squares", you will need to purchase the game from Pampered Chef. Once you have the game, gather a group of friends or family members to play. Each player will choose a square and answer the corresponding question. The player with the most correct answers at the end of the game wins!

3. What types of questions are included in "Pampered Poll With $1 Squares"?

The questions included in "Pampered Poll With $1 Squares" cover a variety of topics, such as food, cooking, and kitchen gadgets. They are designed to be fun and lighthearted, making the game enjoyable for all players.

4. Are there any prizes for playing "Pampered Poll With $1 Squares"?

Yes, there are prizes available for players to win in "Pampered Poll With $1 Squares". The specific prizes may vary, but they could include Pampered Chef products or discounts on future purchases.

5. Can I host a "Pampered Poll With $1 Squares" party?

Yes, you can host a "Pampered Poll With $1 Squares" party with your friends and family. As the host, you can earn rewards based on the sales made during the party. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies