• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saving Files to CDRW: Tips for New Computers

In summary, the conversation involved someone struggling to save their PowerPoint files onto a CD for backup. They had previously been told that newer computers may not have a 3.5 disk drive, so they were looking for alternative solutions. One person suggested using a USB travel drive, which can also serve as a backup for files. Another person shared that they were able to successfully save their files onto a CD by clicking and dragging them onto the CD through "My Computer." The conversation ended with a realization that they had been discussing different types of drives.
jdavis
Ok, I know there was a discussion about this a while back but I can't get it to work...I need to save my PP on CD I will be getting a new computer and I need to save everything but everytime I try to change it to the CDRW drive it switches to some other drive,:mad: I have tried this before a long time ago and just figured there was no possible way to save it on CD until I saw that thread the other day so the guy told me that some new comps don't have a 3.5 disk drive so I should save everything on CD just in case ughhhh.......I wish my little brother (aka comp whiz) lived closer.
TIA

Jennifer,

I had this same problem w/my laptop. I wanted to transfer files from laptop to desktop because I did'nt have wireless. No one that I knew including my Director had any answers for me so I went to Best Buy. It is a very simple solution as long as you have a USB port on you computer. Go buy a USB Travel Drive. They cost between $40-$60. I bought a 1GB for $60 and got a $20 rebate (The guy at Best Buy said it will hold as much info as 700 hard disks). I know this sounds like a lot of money but you can also use it as a backup so if something happens to your computer you have all of your PP files saved. I now have wireless but I use my USB travel drive everyday to backup everytime I put new info. in PP. I hope this helps!! Let me know.:)

Jayne

P.S. I was told later that it would take too long to burn your files to a CD (hear say) I do not know if this is true or not but I couldn't get it to work.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I got it now. Someone else asked the same question on another site and got a reply to click and drag it onto the blank cd, so I put in my backup 3.5 disk and opened 'my computer' and drug it to the blank cd and told it to write it to cd and it didn't take very long. I don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with...:rolleyes:

Oooooh, I thought you were talking about a CD! Oh well maybe this will help someone else.:D

Hi there,I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble saving your PP on CD. It can definitely be frustrating when technology doesn't cooperate with us. Have you tried using a different CD or a different CD drive? Sometimes that can make a difference. Also, make sure that the CD is formatted correctly for your computer.If you continue to have trouble, I would recommend reaching out to our technical support team for assistance. They are experts in all things tech and can help troubleshoot any issues you may be having.In the meantime, I would also suggest looking into cloud storage options for your PP. This way, you can access your files from any computer, even if you don't have a CD drive.I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance. Best of luck with saving your PP!Best,

1. How do I save files to a CDRW on my new computer?

To save files to a CDRW on your new computer, you will first need to insert a blank CDRW into your computer's CD/DVD drive. Then, locate the files you want to save and either drag and drop them onto the CDRW or use the "copy" and "paste" function to transfer them. Once the files are on the CDRW, you can "burn" them onto the disc by using a CD burning software program.

2. Can I save any type of file to a CDRW?

Yes, you can save any type of file to a CDRW as long as there is enough space on the disc. However, keep in mind that CDRWs have a limited storage capacity compared to other storage devices, so it is best to only save important or frequently used files on them.

3. How do I know when the files have been successfully saved to the CDRW?

After "burning" the files onto the CDRW, the CD burning software will usually display a message indicating that the process was successful. You can also check the CDRW itself to see if the files are present and accessible.

4. Can I edit or delete files on a CDRW after they have been saved?

Yes, CDRWs are rewritable discs, which means you can edit or delete files on them after they have been saved. However, it is important to note that each time you edit or delete a file, it takes up more space on the CDRW, eventually decreasing its storage capacity.

5. Are there any tips for properly storing CDRWs?

To ensure the longevity of your CDRWs, it is important to store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures or moisture, as this can damage the disc and make it unreadable. Additionally, always handle the CDRW by its edges and avoid touching the shiny side to prevent scratches or smudges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • monica_sweetconsultant
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
monica_sweetconsultant
  • Shawnna