• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Optimizing Your Show Order: Adding the Host First in PP for a Smooth Guest Entry

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of entering guest and host information in PP for a show. There are different methods, such as entering the host first or entering all information at once. It is important to be careful when adding orders to ensure that the correct tax is applied. The conversation also mentions the importance of having the correct tax information in the user profile. It is possible to enter the host's name and have it automatically appear when creating the host order.
bejams
When I have a show I enter the guest first, then the order, Then I add The Host at the end of the show. My question is shouldn't I add the Host first so I can have her already entered in PP? I am a little unsure of my process.

I always enter the hosts name first, but if you are doing it all at once it doesn't matter when you add the host. You can't put her order in until after everyone else is added. If you are gradually adding orders...you received some today, getting some tomorrow, etc. you will need to put the host name in so you don't get confused with other shows you may have in progress. Whatever is comfortable to you is what you should do.

Shawnna

I add all my host and guest info into the contact list first. Then I add the orders. When I add in the orders I just look up the host or guest info from the contact list. This way the guests are also part of my contact list and not just the host. Another thing I do is as soon as I book a show I enter in the show info and host info if she/he is new. That way if I have someone call and say they need to order something quickly then I can just add it to a show that's getting ready to close and help out my hosts show total and not just my own commission!!

Be careful. The two times I accidentally added the guests order before putting in the host's info the tax didn't show up on their orders. Even though it was all in the first screen when you first "add" a show, show number etc. Even after I added the host it wouldn't add the tax to those orders and I finally had to delete and start all over. Both shows I did this on (one early in my career and one one night when I was tired). It also happened to my recruit last week when she just clicked add show etc and then started putting guests orders in without a host name. As soon as I suggested this could be the problem everything was solved.

HTH

I had the same problem when adding my first show. What you need to check is your User Profile to make certain that all of your tax info is correct there first. When I added my first show I had forgotten to add the 6% tax on S&H and so all of my orders were .20 less than the totals on the order forms that came from my host. I finally figured it out, but that is what it was. As long as the user profile is correct then you should be ok!

What confuses me is normallly I take everyone's order and at the end of the show I do the Host order. How do you enter the host with out having an order? If I fill her name in on contacts will that atomaticaly come up when I start her show. I know this sounds like a pretty stupid question. I taught myself about PP. It has all been trial and error with me. I would love to know what I am doing wrong.

When you fill in the the host information it will automatically set her up so that when you click host order her name appears. Is that what you needed to know?

After you set up the show and "find host" you then click on "add host order". I add her name in first because then when I go back to a show for any reason the host is ALWAYS the first order.

What is the purpose of adding the host first in PP for a smooth guest entry?

Adding the host first in PP allows for a more organized and efficient show flow, making it easier for guests to navigate through the party. It also gives the host their deserved recognition and ensures that they receive credit for any sales made during the show.

How do I add the host first in PP?

To add the host first in PP, simply select the option to "Add Host First" when creating the show order. This will automatically add the host as the first item in the show, making it easy for guests to locate their name and enter the show.

Can I change the show order after adding the host first in PP?

Yes, you can still make changes to the show order after adding the host first in PP. However, it is recommended to keep the host as the first item for a smoother guest entry. If you do need to make changes, be sure to communicate them clearly with the host and guests.

What if I forget to add the host first in PP?

If you forget to add the host first in PP, you can still make changes to the show order and move the host to the top. However, it is best to avoid this situation by always adding the host first for a more organized and efficient show.

Can I add multiple hosts first in PP?

No, you can only add one host first in PP. If there are multiple hosts for the show, it is recommended to add the primary host first and then include the other hosts in the show order. This will still give the primary host their deserved recognition and ensure a smooth guest entry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
paydaymom
  • topchef.heather
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
topchef.heather
  • {*mandy*}
  • General Chat
Replies