• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is My Shipping Cost High on Individual Orders? | PP Confusion Solved

In summary, when placing individual orders through Pampered Chef, the shipping charges may be higher due to it being considered a direct ship order. The pricing chart for shipping is on the back of the guest forms and to avoid higher shipping costs, it is recommended to add orders into parties. If the customer is not in a hurry to receive their order, it may be possible to combine it with other orders to make it a show. If the customer is not local, it may be more cost-effective for the consultant to pay for the higher shipping costs. The shipping tax varies by state and the consultant should check the tax information for the address they are shipping to. It may be cheaper to have the order sent to the consultant and then mailed to the customer
pchefinski
when i put in an individual order, the shipping calculation is ridiculously high.. why is that? I put in an order for a girl who lives a few miles from me, and it's like $6! Shouldn't it be $3.50? And how do i get it to make the shipping come up as $3.50?? I'm confused! (this is only the 2nd time i've used PP, as i've only had one other show..)

I may be wrong, but since it is an individual order it is done like a direct ship. The pricing chart is on the back of the guest forms. If you only want to pay the $3.50 it needs to be part of a show.

Yes, you are right. Any orders that are not part of a party will be charged shipping according to the chart on the back of receipt. For this reason I always add orders into parties. The high shipping may deter the customer from buying again. I have several customers who I call when I am sending out a local show order, they always add something to it to save on shipping. It is a little push along to for them to get their order in. "if I add your order in today there will not be any extra charges for shipping".

aw man:eek: guess i'll have to just suck up the extra shipping costs.. i only have $75 worth of product sales, so it can't go in as a show, plus there are orders from other states in there too.. argh. oh well. learned my lesson this time, no?

When I have orders that don't go on a show, I always tell them the shipping will be higher because it is a special order. It is no different than ordering from Sears, JC Penney's, or other mail order. I also ask if they are in a hurry for their order. If they aren't needing it right away I may be able to find some more orders to add to it and make it a show. However, sometimes when I have a customer who doesn't live close to me, I will pay the extra shipping to have it sent to her. Gas prices are too high to deliver one order. You can use the shipping as a tax deduction if you pay for it.

should i contact the customers and explain that the shipping was higher and therefore i need more money to cover the purchase cost? or should i just eat the difference? i waived the shipping costs (meaning I'd pay them for her) for a woman b/c she said that she didn't want to place an order being out of state and all. i figured i'd just swallow the $3.50.. but now, it's like $6.00! :eek: that's a hard swallow!

also, is it 6% or 15% shipping tax for individual orders?

the shipping cost is up to you. As for the shipping tax, it varies from state to state. Oklahoma does not have a shipping tax, some states are a different percent than the sales tax. You have to check the tax information for the address you are shipping to.

so, my one order is for a girl in OH, which is exempt from S/H... so does that mean i click the "EXEMPT" button in the order screen?

wouldn't it just be cheaper to have the order mailed to you (the consultant) and then mail it to the customer?

ShippingIt might be cheaper to have it shipped to the consultant and then sent on to the customer if it's some of the light items. If, however, it's something heavy like stoneware or batter bowls, I think that would end up being more in shipping in the long run for the consultant. Actually, if you take a look at our shipping charges and compare them to some of the other ones, we're extrememly competitive. I think we all get "sticker shock" because we're used to seeing $3.50 and when it adds $6 or more, we freak.

What is the "pp Problem"?

The "pp Problem" refers to a common issue that can occur with Pampered Chef's non-stick cookware. It stands for "peeling and pitting," and it is when the non-stick coating on the cookware starts to peel or pit, causing potential health and cooking concerns.

What causes the "pp Problem"?

The "pp Problem" can be caused by various factors, including using metal utensils on the non-stick surface, overheating the cookware, and improper cleaning and care. It can also be a sign of the cookware reaching the end of its lifespan.

How can I prevent the "pp Problem"?

To prevent the "pp Problem," it is essential to follow the proper use and care instructions for your specific Pampered Chef cookware. Avoid using metal utensils, do not overheat the cookware, and clean it with non-abrasive materials. It is also recommended to replace the cookware after a few years of use.

What should I do if I experience the "pp Problem"?

If you experience the "pp Problem," please contact Pampered Chef's customer service team. They will be able to assist you with a potential replacement or refund, depending on the warranty of your cookware.

Is the "pp Problem" covered under warranty?

The "pp Problem" may be covered under the warranty, depending on the specific cookware and its warranty terms. Please contact customer service for more information on your particular product's warranty coverage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lemmiskitchen
Replies
Views
redd3708
Replies
Views
Tree
  • Pampered Laura
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service