• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upcoming Changes to Pampered Chef Website: What You Need to Know

In summary, the old way of doing things will be shut down at the end of June. New consultants don't have access to the new website yet, so July shows and fundraisers will have to be put in using the old website. Directors are not being given a firm date for when the new web will be open to other consultants under the director level, so they are causing panic within the team.
talkintrac
Hi! Does anyone know if they are still planning on shutting down the "old" way, which is still my way, at the end of June? My director is on a Pampered Chef vacation, and I forgot to ask her before she left!! I have some cooking shows and 2 fundraisers that I want to put in for July, but as a newer consultant, I don't have access to the new website yet...and I don't know for how long. I like the PPplus...so no complaints if we have to wait a while!! We are trying to set one up right now for a big school fundraiser. It's going to run in July, but we are going to get the info out before the end of school. I want to be able to put my website on the invites...I'm thinking that part won't change, and I can go ahead with that part...right?? Thank you for any help! :confused:

No new date end of July

talkintrac said:
Hi! Does anyone know if they are still planning on shutting down the "old" way, which is still my way, at the end of June? My director is on a Pampered Chef vacation, and I forgot to ask her before she left!! I have some cooking shows and 2 fundraisers that I want to put in for July, but as a newer consultant, I don't have access to the new website yet...and I don't know for how long. I like the PPplus...so no complaints if we have to wait a while!! We are trying to set one up right now for a big school fundraiser. It's going to run in July, but we are going to get the info out before the end of school. I want to be able to put my website on the invites...I'm thinking that part won't change, and I can go ahead with that part...right?? Thank you for any help! :confused:

when I called HO the other they told me Aug. 1st. I don't want to say that person was positive, but I'm hoping he was... :D

you are correct...July 31st will be the last day to us pp3 for everyone...unless they tell us different....

when did they change the date? Last I heard was June 30th.

Should we start taking bets? :rolleyes:

Nothing in the latest newswire - maybe they're hoping the June 30th date will hold?
Not that I'm doubting someone at HO told you that Ginger - just wondering why they are not formally communicating it.

No she's right. They told directors that P3 will be working through July 31.

I'm just wondering why all the directors aren't communicating that to their teams :( If I didn't come to this site every day, I would know nothing. Pretty sad......

A huge thank you for your replies!!! This site is sooo helpful. I'm thinking I might go ahead and start entering my July shows/fundraisers on PP+...I do wish they would send us something to confirm this. Oh well...the positive is that the kinks will be worked out by the time I get to start...just kind of confusing in the mean time. Oh well!! :)

carlajanes said:
I'm just wondering why all the directors aren't communicating that to their teams :( If I didn't come to this site every day, I would know nothing. Pretty sad......

Did you call & ask your Director?

carlajanes said:

They haven't given a firm date for when the new web will be open to other consultants under the director level.... so why would a director want to cause panic within the team when the given date isn't even firm? I'm sure when firm dates have been announced directors will start passing the info down and setting up trainings and walk throughs etc. Why give the tenative date when it could possibly and will probably change again?

I would think that most directors (myself included) would want their teams focusing on booking and submitting shows and recruiting (which I get is difficult since no one has access to the new web)

My own director hasn't even logged into the new web yet and isn't planning to until she absolutely has to. What kind of help do you think that is to her director team? None. The only sad part about this whole situation is that they weren't as prepared as they thought they were. Don't place blame on directors... because directors are just doing what they have been asked to do... to figure out the bugs and report them to HO so that when you and everyone else has access to the new web you won't have to and it will run smoothly.

Yeah, I don't think this info is something directors should be expected to distribute. This needs to come from HO. Like, in a weekly newswire.

ShellBeach said:
Yeah, I don't think this info is something directors should be expected to distribute. This needs to come from HO. Like, in a weekly newswire.

I agree, but if HO is telling directors that they've moved the date, they need to tell ALL of us that.

Personally, I don't have my undies in a bundle about the whole changeover. I know it will happen when it happens. I also know there have been issues, though the specifics I don't know. I do realize though that since no one else has been moved over, the June 30th date cannot hold. Since this is obvious, they need to make it official and tell everyone. Some people who are nervous about the changeover will only get MORE nervous because based on the dates that have officially been given, we will have only a few days to change over. That will make people more nervous than just telling us they have moved back the date of the end of P3.

Right! They just need to tell everyone. Even if it's still tentative. Something like, "We have encountered problems that will delay the rollout and our new projected date is x/y/2012. If this changes we will let you know."
And then follow up as promised - because as we all know, "the fortune's in the follow up." :D

My director rarely passes anything on. I can tell when she needs money for something because then the emails begin, urging us to sell sell sell :indif:
There is no way she'd want to field questions for this website changeover. And - she shouldn't have to, since she has no control over it.

I guess I don't get why a delay would cause panic!

I agree that HO should send out notification that the new projected date is July 31, and that we will be kept informed--wouldn't that be a novel idea to inform us ahead of time about something--it seems to be another instance of PC keeping the consultants in the dark until the last minute.

As a director during our first official home office conference call on the new web, we were told that it would roll out for Director's and above May 1st. the future timeline would be 2 weeks after that to Sr. Consultants and TM, then 2 weeks later to consultants.

Some of us gave this informatin to our team, then when it didn't happen and consultant were calling h.o. about why wasn't it available on may 15ht., we then got an email (directors) about they didn't know (h.o)how these rumors got started about it being available on May 15th. (really, maybe they should have listened to the conference call and they could hear where the "rumor" got started.)

So when I got an email saying it was going to be available as of Aug. 1st to everyone, do you think given how much trouble they have had and continue to have that I'm going to tell my team this new start up date!!!

As far as the new web goes, I'm taking the position that the h.o. can make the annoucements. Jeeh Wiz, I wouldn't want another "rumor" to get started!

Karen

Ginger428 said:
Did you call & ask your Director?

Well...yes as a matter of fact I DID! She is an Advanced Director and didn't know anything. And refuses to use the new web until all the bugs are worked out.

I don't expect Directors and above to communicate every memo they get from HO. But since those of us below Directorship receive NO communication from HO about this a "heads up" type memo would be wonderful...."FYI still working out bugs with New Web so the June 30th cut off date for P3 is being pushed back." type of thing....

And since my director apparently doesn't receive the memos, I do not fault her.....I fault HO. They quickly jumped on the wacky e-mail we all received and sent out an....oooops response. WHY then are they so silent to the majority of their representatives? And yes, I have asked them the same question, but have yet to receive a response. And because of their silence, rumors abound. I just would like to know the truth....that's all.

vanscootin said:
They haven't given a firm date for when the new web will be open to other consultants under the director level.... so why would a director want to cause panic within the team when the given date isn't even firm? I'm sure when firm dates have been announced directors will start passing the info down and setting up trainings and walk throughs etc. Why give the tenative date when it could possibly and will probably change again?

I would think that most directors (myself included) would want their teams focusing on booking and submitting shows and recruiting (which I get is difficult since no one has access to the new web)

My own director hasn't even logged into the new web yet and isn't planning to until she absolutely has to. What kind of help do you think that is to her director team? None. The only sad part about this whole situation is that they weren't as prepared as they thought they were. Don't place blame on directors... because directors are just doing what they have been asked to do... to figure out the bugs and report them to HO so that when you and everyone else has access to the new web you won't have to and it will run smoothly.

And for the record....I'm not asking for a FIRM date!! just a...FYI still working things out....type of thing! I do not think that is too difficult wording for a mass e-mail....but perhaps I'm wrong.

I got emails from HO almost every day last week, but nothing about this. Yeah, they could update us all easily.
6/5 - PC Newswire
6/6 - You deserve a medal (email about recruiting)
6/7 - Earn free SIZZLE (about conference registration)
6/7 - Trivets are on sale (bonus day with 2 emails, wheeee!)
6/8 - Apology for nonsense email that went out to customers
6/8 - notice about commission statements (only one I wanted to see:D)

I need HELP! I just became a consultant and am closing my 1st show...None of my directors can tell me how to use the new website to do so. Can anyone tell me how to do it on the new site? Need to get it done, as I am going on vacation. Thanks! :yuck:

1. What is pp Plus?

pp Plus is a payment processing service that allows users to securely transfer money online.

2. How does pp Plus differ from other payment processing services?

pp Plus offers advanced security measures, fast and reliable transactions, and a user-friendly interface for both buyers and sellers.

3. Can I use pp Plus for international transactions?

Yes, pp Plus supports international transactions in multiple currencies.

4. How do I create a pp Plus account?

To create a pp Plus account, simply visit their website and click on the "Sign Up" button. You will need to provide your personal and payment information to complete the registration process.

5. Is there a fee for using pp Plus?

pp Plus does charge a small fee for each transaction, but it varies depending on the type of transaction and the currency used. You can view their fee schedule on their website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jilleysue
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
Kelley Sells
  • ChefJami83
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefJami83