• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Utilizing Past Host Discounts in Pampered Partner: Do Expiration Dates Matter?

P
PamperedByJulie
Quick question.

When I enter the past host discount information into Pampered Partner there's a box for when the discount expires. I didn't get that information from the guests because the line on the order form just asks for the discount number. Do I really need the expiration date? I'm wondering because if I do I can ask when I do my MACs. I don't want to do the MAC and then have to call again because I need the number, that would look unorganized.

Thanks

Hey Julie,

You can go into CC and under My Business there is a spot called Host Lookup. Type in the host's name and it will give you when their party was held. Just add a year onto that date. :D

Having that in is great because you can generate a report for the host discounts and see who's is coming up to expire and offer them a show to keep it going!

I have a question about the monthly host special. I have a past host that had a show booked off her so she wants the monthly host special from her bookings show. How do you enter that into PP? I haven't had to do that yet so I have no clue. Thanks!

only know host number
PampMomof3 said:
Hey Julie,

You can go into CC and under My Business there is a spot called Host Lookup. Type in the host's name and it will give you when their party was held. Just add a year onto that date. :D

What if you only have the host number? That's all I wrote down because that's all their was space for. Is there any way to search off the host number? Next time, I can get all the information.

need host number
janel kelly said:
I have a question about the monthly host special. I have a past host that had a show booked off her so she wants the monthly host special from her bookings show. How do you enter that into PP? I haven't had to do that yet so I have no clue. Thanks!

Add order as a guest, but put the host discount number in first. Then, enter the item in the order form. If you don't post the host number in first, PP won't let you enter the host special. The end result is a sale that counts toward guest sales, but does not count toward commissions.

PamperedByJulie said:
What if you only have the host number? That's all I wrote down because that's all their was space for. Is there any way to search off the host number? Next time, I can get all the information.
Julie,
I believe that you need the full name to be able to look it up on CC. You could probably also call home office to have them help you or just call the customer.

ok I entered the monthly host special for the past host. The guest sales are higher than commissionable sales which is what its suppossed to be right? How come it doesn't count towards commissionable sales?

when a past host orders from the person who booked from her show, the new host gets "credit" for the order, and it goes towards her show sales, for the free/discounted items she will get. But since these items are generally 60% off, we will not make commission on that item. Just like when a host orders half price items, we don't make commission on them either. So that is why the 2 totals will not match up, the guest sales total will be higher, and PP will use that total to figure up what the host is entitled to.

Kind of a bummer, but I understand why we don't get the commission, I just wish we would get credit for the sale towards trip promotions, ah well.

I do understand why we don't get commission on host specials and host half-price items because of the tremendous savings that PC is already offering, but, I do agree with you that we should be able to apply it towards some kind of incentive. I have had two hosts recently purchase the Professional Cookware Sets as their half-price item. I feel like I was a successful salesperson for encouraging them to purchase it - i.e. reinforcing the lifetime guarantee, pointing out the features and the quality of the product, etc. - all the things we should be doing to be successful salespeople, but I didn't receive anything in return. I realize that if PC were to pay commission on top of the discount, they wouldn't be making any money themselves, but something would be nice. Count them as incentive points? Maybe some PC Bucks? How about another charm? :p

Ahhh, I see. I see what you're saying about selling the cookware... I hadn't thought of that before. Maybe we can e-mail the home office about it.

Now I thought that when you are entering the show in PP the commissionable sales was what counted for the host as well. Like if the commissionable sales for the show is not yet $150 they need more orders to get to where commissionable sales is $150. So in a way past host ordeing the current host specials hurt the current host because she doesn't get credit for it either. Do you see what I'm saying? I'm so bad at explaining what I'm talking about.

janel kelly said:
Ahhh, I see. I see what you're saying about selling the cookware... I hadn't thought of that before. Maybe we can e-mail the home office about it.

Now I thought that when you are entering the show in PP the commissionable sales was what counted for the host as well. Like if the commissionable sales for the show is not yet $150 they need more orders to get to where commissionable sales is $150. So in a way past host ordeing the current host specials hurt the current host because she doesn't get credit for it either. Do you see what I'm saying? I'm so bad at explaining what I'm talking about.

The host of the current show gets credit for the amount that the past host actually spends for the monthly host special (eg. $40 for the barbecue tools in June) so she isn't really hurt because the past host probably wouldn't have ordered the entire $100.50 in Barbecue tools anyway. Often, before this new program began, the past host often didn't buy much anyway so it's really a good thing for the host!

As far as getting the host to $150 in commissionable sales for the show... I always coach that the sales need to be a very minimum of $150 without the past host order of the monthly special. That way she knows from the start that the order doesn't count for the minimum show but once she exceeds the $150 I tell her that the past host monthly special now counts toward her total sales - as a kind of bonus for her ;) (Actually, I coach to a minimum of $500 show but when she's only got a few orders I try to make it a win situation for her.)

As was stated earlier, consultants do not get commission on the sale of host specials because PC is already giving such a deal for the products. Our benefit is that we get the bookings and the opportunity to make more sales because people WANT these things! It also helps us KEEP the dates.

It's all good!

Last edited:
Beth,
How do you host coach to a minimum in $500 sales. I would love for my show to be like that. This is my 4th month with PC and have only had one show total $500 and that was my highest one. I try to do everything PC suggest and the ladies on this website but my sales are still not that high. I know its partly because my hosts don't seem to get more than 5-6 people at their shows. I host coach for alot of guests but I can't force my hosts to get more people to their shows. I'm wondering if maybe people are kind of cheap here... now I think I'm rambling. :p

1. What is Pampered Partner and how does it relate to utilizing past host discounts?

Pampered Partner is a software used by consultants of the direct sales company, Pampered Chef, to manage their business. It allows consultants to enter and track orders, as well as manage customer and host information. Utilizing past host discounts in Pampered Partner refers to using the software to apply discounts to orders from previous host parties.

2. Do expiration dates matter when entering past host discounts into Pampered Partner?

Yes, expiration dates do matter when entering past host discounts into Pampered Partner. The software requires an expiration date to be entered in order for the discount to be applied correctly. It is important to obtain this information from the guests in order to avoid any confusion or errors during the ordering process.

3. What should I do if I did not receive the expiration date for the past host discount from the guests?

If you did not receive the expiration date from the guests, it is recommended to reach out to them and ask for it during your MAC (Make a Call) follow-up. This will ensure that the discount is entered correctly and avoid the need for any additional calls or confusion.

4. Can I enter the past host discount without an expiration date and add it later?

No, it is not recommended to enter the past host discount without an expiration date. The software requires this information in order for the discount to be applied correctly. It is best to obtain the expiration date from the guests during your MAC follow-up before entering the discount into Pampered Partner.

5. What can I do to make sure I am organized when entering past host discounts into Pampered Partner?

To stay organized when entering past host discounts into Pampered Partner, it is recommended to make sure you have all the necessary information (such as the expiration date) before entering the discount. You can also keep track of your MAC follow-ups and any missing information in a spreadsheet or planner to ensure that all discounts are entered correctly and avoid any confusion or errors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • kcjodih