• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlocking the pp Glitch: Inconsistent Pricing for Half Price Items

In summary, there have been instances where the dollar amount owed by a host changes when half price items are selected, even if the quantity and products remain the same. This can be influenced by the consultant's choices and can result in a significant price difference for the host. This has been observed multiple times and has caused confusion for some consultants.
RyLorPC
Has anyone else experienced the following:
When entering a host order you enter free products and half price products. Now, WITHOUT changing any of the products or quantity of products (only changing which products you choose to be the half price items) the dollar amount owed by the host changes. So, for example say the hostess gets 2 half price selections. She wants to order 5 items - she might owe $20 if you put her half price selection as one thing - or - she might owe $10 if you put it as something else. She is still getting the same 5 items, but her $$$ owed changes. Sometimes, putting the cheapest item on her order at half price works out better for the host than putting the most expensive item.

At first I had the Easy Accent decorator as a hosts half price item. It worked out cheaper when I took the check box off half price for that and made her half price selection the much cheaper egg separator. Reason being, her free product values and half price values move around. Pampered Chef is still sending the exact same products to the host, but depending on how much the consultant plays with the #'s will determine how much the host pays for them. CRAZY... but we've run the #'s OVER AND OVER - it really does happen.

PLEASE THINK ABOUT THIS BEFORE your reply - it's tricky.

Thank you for pointing that out! I thought I had done something wrong! I put a host's order in and after she went home, she called and ordered something additional. She paid the difference with a credit card and then I went in to her order and took it off and then put it on again and her price was different. It was only a few cents but I didn't do anything different to her order. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not crazy! :D

I'm not saying that the host gets different products. I'm saying that the same products are on her order, but the dollar amount she owes changes depending on which products are chosen to be the half price items. This has nothing to do with the order of the items. It's only how much they are priced at.I have not personally experienced this, but I can see how it could happen. It seems like it would be a good idea to double check the numbers and make sure everything adds up correctly before finalizing the host's order. Perhaps it's just a glitch in the system that can be fixed by Pampered Chef.

1. What is the pp glitch and how does it affect half price items?

The pp glitch refers to an inconsistency in our pricing system that sometimes allows customers to purchase half price items at an even lower price. This means that some customers may be able to purchase half price items at a greater discount than intended.

2. How did the pp glitch come about?

The pp glitch is a result of a technical error in our pricing system. Our team is currently working to fix this issue and ensure that all half price items are priced correctly.

3. Will the pp glitch be fixed and when can we expect it to be resolved?

We are actively working to fix the pp glitch and we apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused. We are unable to provide a specific timeline for when it will be resolved, but rest assured that our team is working diligently to fix it as soon as possible.

4. Can I still purchase half price items during this glitch?

Yes, you can still purchase half price items during the pp glitch. However, please note that the final price may be inconsistent and may not reflect the intended half price discount. We recommend waiting until the glitch is fixed to ensure you are receiving the correct discount.

5. What should I do if I notice a price discrepancy with a half price item?

If you notice a price discrepancy with a half price item, please contact our customer service team for assistance. We will do our best to resolve the issue and ensure that you receive the correct pricing for your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • pamperedlinda