• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Pampered Partner Installation on Vista | PP Version 16.0

In summary, I had to do this to fix the problem of Pampered Partner not working on my Vista computer.
dianevill
Gold Member
Has anyone installed Pampered Partner (NOT P3 - just version 16.0) on a laptop with Vista Home Basic? We just got a new computer, the installation seemed to go fine, but when I try to open it I get the message "Pampered Partner has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."

Can PP not be installed with Vista? Do I have to go to the dreaded P3???

Thanks!

My genius DH, also my computer geek, fixed it for me. In case anyone else runs into this, you need to turn off "User Account Control" in the Control Panel, User Accounts.

Whew!!

Diane,
Thank you so much for posting this information. We just purchased
an HP laptop on 4/24, and I have been afraid to put either program on,
without some good advice from someone. I don't know how to start a
thread, so have not been able to ask the question.
Have you submitted any Shows yet? I will be traveling, and expect to
take orders as we go, and want to know that I can count on it to work.
Thanks for any information you or anyone else is willing to share.

I submitted a show last night with no problems.

It took DH a few hours to get everything moved from my old laptop to my new laptop and did encounter some problems, but for Pampered Partner the only problem was the User thing mentioned above.

Still haven't installed P3, though, and I don't intend to until I have to. If it ain't broke...

I love P3!!! I have a few consultants still using PP and it is so weird to see it now, it just seems so old fashioned and doesn't have all the features of P3 (now it even has a 'wish list' button). Granted it takes awhile to start up but that is because it automatically downloads the updates. Don't be afraid of it!! P3 is awesome!!!

I know, I know...Just old habits die hard!

Hi Diane,

Did you get this fixed? Let me know. I have Vista and am still working through some issues but hopefully we have it almost right!

Colleen Boehm

You HAVE to make sure that you are running this program as an adminstrator! If you don't know what I mean or have never clicked anything that says that you might want to check with someone who is a computer geek :) or call tech support!!!

Colleen Boehm

Mine's fixed. See post 2:) .

here's some info that was passed down from someone thru my NSE...from Tech Support:

"When installing PP or P3 on a new computer with Windows VISTA, you may receive a message: Pampered Partner is no longer working. Here’s the fix from Tech Support. Thanks Linda Edwards for sharing it:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Please right click on the
Pampered Partner icon and select Properties from the menu. In the following window, select the Compatibility tab. Check the box titled "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" in the drop down menu. Near the bottom of the window, check the box titled "Run this program as an administrator". Click on Apply and click on OK to exit the window."

maybe this will help??

1. What is "pp and Vista" and how does it relate to Pampered Chef?

"pp and Vista" refers to the compatibility of Pampered Chef's software and products with the Windows Vista operating system. This is important because it affects the functionality and performance of our products on computers running Vista.

2. Is Pampered Chef's software compatible with Windows Vista?

Yes, our software is fully compatible with Windows Vista. We have tested and updated all of our products to ensure they work seamlessly on this operating system.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef's software on a Mac computer with Windows Vista installed?

Yes, you can use our software on a Mac computer with Windows Vista installed, as long as it meets the minimum system requirements for both Windows Vista and our software.

4. Will using Pampered Chef's software on Windows Vista affect my computer's performance?

No, our software is designed to have minimal impact on your computer's performance. However, if you notice any issues, please reach out to our customer support team for assistance.

5. Are there any known issues with Pampered Chef's software on Windows Vista?

No, we have thoroughly tested our software on Windows Vista and have not encountered any major issues. However, if you do experience any problems, please contact our customer support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• irishjc820
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ahinchey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jules
  • Bexs50