• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Pampered Partner Mac Compatible? Find Out Here!

Make sure you write to them with this as a recommendation. They do take consultant comments seriously. Is there a friends PC you could use instead? Not all consultants use PP some do things the "old-fashioned" way with paper only.I know you can do it the old-fashioned way, but I am big computer nerd when it comes to stuff like this. I even order my pizzas online! :)
AMTC
Gold Member
Can someone please let me know if Pampered Partner is Mac compatible?
Thanks!

No, it is not. Sorry!

:eek: how hard is it going to be for me to do Pampered Chef without Pampered Partner?

And Why on earth isn't it dually compatible???? Most software is nowadays.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

I have two consultants that don't use computers at all and it really isn't that hard to do it by paper especially since they changed the host program. And remember, it hasn't been that long that everyone did it manually! :eek:

I would be really surprised if they don't come out with a Mac version very soon. Everyone who uses Macs needs to go the web site and suggest to field services that they add a Mac compatible version. That will help! Be patient.

I had the same issue. I just signed up, and we have a mac. We tried to run it on virtual pc, and it didn't work. We had to buy a windows laptop to be able to do the ordering on-line (we were already in the market for a laptop, but had planned on getting another Mac) :(

We JUST (and by just I mean yesterday) got an I-mac G5 (replaced our G4)
My husband is a photographer, so macs are a must in our house.

I'm also a little surprised it's a software program--does anyone know if they are thinking of anything web-based?

MAC users rebelWow, I thought I was the only one with that problem. My husband is a photographer also and only Mac's are allowed in our house. PC's strickly forbidden. We got virtual PC and it works pretty well, just a little slow. Thanks for the tip to e-mail Field Services I will certainly do that. It is so annoying to have to run it in VPC. Best of luck, I wouldn't do a show without my ibook.

It runs ok for me on my G4 iMac in OS 10.3.9 with Virtual PC and Windows 98, but it is s-l-o-w. My husband had an old Dell laptop he wasn't using, so I use that. It is much faster.

Kind of disappointingI sent a letter to web support asking if there was a mac version of PP coming out anytime or even a web based application

Here's the answer I got

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef home office. At this time, we have no plans to product a version of Pampered Partner which is compatible with Macintosh computers. You would need to first install a Windows simulation program such as Virtual PC to be able to install and use Pampered Partner on a Macintosh computer.

:( :( :( :(

I really don't want to have to drop another $130 to run PP on my mac...

Hey Annie! Just remember that you don't have to bring a laptop! There are show order forms that you can do by hand! I know it's not as easy as just typing everything while you're at a show, but it is a lot cheaper!

I reall cannot believe that with as forward-thinking as this company is, that they don't have a Mac version.I just got my kit yesterday and am pretty sad. My iMac is the new Intel one, so I cannot use Virtual PC. I have to purchase a copy of Windows to run on my Mac.If I would have known this before signing, I probably would not have signed up. :(

Grey said:
I reall cannot believe that with as forward-thinking as this company is, that they don't have a Mac version.

I just got my kit yesterday and am pretty sad. My iMac is the new Intel one, so I cannot use Virtual PC. I have to purchase a copy of Windows to run on my Mac.

If I would have known this before signing, I probably would not have signed up. :(

Make sure you write to them with this as a recommendation. They do take consultant comments seriously. Is there a friends PC you could use instead? Not all consultants use PP some do things the "old-fashioned" way with paper only.

I know you can do it the old-fashioned way, but I am big computer nerd when it comes to stuff like this. I even order my pizzas online! :)I guess I will have to spend the money on Windows. Well, at least it is a tax deduction.

I'm also a computer nerd and the idea of doing it paper only ...

I also use macs all the time. I have to use my husband's PC to input shows. It can be really annoying, since I do everything else on my mac at home and at work. I use write-in forms at shows, so I still have a paper record of everything and the customer still gets a receipt. I don't print out many receipts at all.

I am going to write in to them. They should put this on the website before you sign up.

WOW! I'm not the only one with this frustration!! I'm a teacher, and wouldn't own anything other than a Mac! I was just SICK when I got my kit last month and then called for the Mac version of PP. After crying all night I came up with the solution of using my in-laws PC to do my ordering, and it has worked out alright. (No laundry, dishes, or telephone to interrupt me when I'm over there inputting). I REALLY wish that I could put it on my home machine though! Maybe if they hear from enough of us they will consider a change!
Rachel--I was surprised to read that you were able to set up your web-site. I've tried it on several different machines and just get a page of jumbled up letters for the start page. Did you use the link on CC?

If I were all of you that have MAC's instead of PC's I definately would express my opinion to HO. Like some of you had stated that had you known you might not have signed up. I'd like to think that Pampered Chef should be able to make both versions available to satisfy all of their consultants. Especially when you are starting out your business you can't afford to buy too much up front to get your business going. Good luck to all of you. I am glad I read the thread so I'll know if I get a recruit to be sure to let him or her know upfront about this. I don't want to sign someone under false pretenses. I think if they get bombarded with requests they just might realize how many people are using MAC's and have to do something.

Mac and PP work for meHope this helps all, but our house too is solely on Macs. My husband has one of the new intel iMacs, and I am able to run Pampered Partner just fine under "Parallels" (an intel-based program that works a little like Virtual PC but much more reliable).

Also, a little "inside scoop" I received from HO when I was talking to them about a PP question ... an internet-based version of PP is in the works. Of course, I got this out of PP technical support after expressing my concerns with why PP was not available on the Macs. He guessed there would be no reason why it wouldn't work on Macs and PCs because it would be internet based. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out (and how long it takes). Hang in there ladies, and if you have any questions about my setup that works, just let me know.

Tanya

siderits said:
Hope this helps all, but our house too is solely on Macs. My husband has one of the new intel iMacs, and I am able to run Pampered Partner just fine under "Parallels" (an intel-based program that works a little like Virtual PC but much more reliable).

Also, a little "inside scoop" I received from HO when I was talking to them about a PP question ... an internet-based version of PP is in the works. Of course, I got this out of PP technical support after expressing my concerns with why PP was not available on the Macs. He guessed there would be no reason why it wouldn't work on Macs and PCs because it would be internet based. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out (and how long it takes). Hang in there ladies, and if you have any questions about my setup that works, just let me know.

Tanya

Let's hope it doesn't take long so our MAC friends can enjoy what we have been able to enjoy!

siderits said:
Hope this helps all, but our house too is solely on Macs. My husband has one of the new intel iMacs, and I am able to run Pampered Partner just fine under "Parallels" (an intel-based program that works a little like Virtual PC but much more reliable).

Tanya

That is correct, it CAN be done, but you need to install the actual Windows operating system for Parallels to work. Windows costs $199. Parallels costs $79.

straitfan said:
Rachel--I was surprised to read that you were able to set up your web-site. I've tried it on several different machines and just get a page of jumbled up letters for the start page. Did you use the link on CC?

I have the newer Intel Macs, maybe that is why it works for me? What browser are you using? I use Firefox.

I use Macs all the time to update my personal web site. I use Safari. (the mac browser.) Don't use Internet Explorer ... it stinks. At work I use a G5 and at home I have a Mac Mini. (No Intel mac for me now! lol)I am now wondering about that Internet-based Pampered Partner. That would save me a whole lotta time. I hope it's as good as the program itself. I hope it offers features of uploading old show data and printing expense/earning reports. That's what I like best about PP.

Last edited:
I was running PP under a version of VMware Fusion until recently (when I upgraded to the Mountain Lion operating system on my Mac. That's when my problems began. PP became unresponsive and I could no longer upload the updates, so I uninstalled the VMware, installed the latest version (5), installed Windows 7 on it and now am looking for a copy of PP 19.5 to install on Windows. Unfortunately, that seems to be more challenging than I anticipated, as I don't seem to be able to locate a link to the executable file anywhere.

I was told that all this running PP under a VM will become history once the Web-based version of PP rolls out (several months behind schedule now here in Canada...)

1. Is Pampered Partner compatible with Mac computers?

Yes, Pampered Partner is compatible with Mac computers as well as PCs. Our software is designed to work on both operating systems, providing convenience and accessibility for all users.

2. Do I need to download any additional software to run Pampered Partner on my Mac?

No, you do not need to download any additional software to run Pampered Partner on your Mac. Our software is web-based, so all you need is a stable internet connection and a compatible web browser.

3. Can I access Pampered Partner on my Mac from any location?

Yes, you can access Pampered Partner on your Mac from any location with internet access. Our software is cloud-based, so you can log in from any device and continue where you left off.

4. Will all features and functions be available on my Mac?

Yes, all features and functions of Pampered Partner will be available on your Mac. Our software is optimized for both Mac and PC, so you will have the same experience regardless of your operating system.

5. Are there any known issues with using Pampered Partner on a Mac?

No, there are no known issues with using Pampered Partner on a Mac. Our software is regularly tested and updated to ensure compatibility with all operating systems and devices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
clshirk
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Eaglenewsteach