• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Wear: Stylish Shirts & Accessories for Breast Cancer Awareness

In summary, PC shirts are a good way to attract people while you are out shopping, but you need to be careful about getting their contact information.
melaniepc
do you wear PC shirts or anything while you are out? Do you ever catch peoples eyes that way? I am thinking of getting the breast cancer bag they have on merrill. I like it.

I wear a black Pampered Chef logo t-shirt when I go out shopping. I have attracted a few people who say they are interested but then never hear from them again. I need to be more conscientious about getting their name/contact info before giving them a catalog!

I would love to get the tote bag with the clear pouch front where you can put in a catalog. Another Consultant I know said she has gotten one Catalog Show at her dr's office when the lady noticed it there.

I bought a sleeveless black "golf" shirt last year at conference - brought it home and never wore it (anyone want it ? Black with white embrod, size XL) - mostly because it was too big on me ( I am well "endowed" but it still was large everywhere else) So it is now sitting in a box in my storage room - But I have heard that it works great for leads - gonna get myself something soon!

pm if you are interested in the shirt

I have the purple tshirt from Merrill and I get a lot of people who stop me (I wear it on days I know I am going to the mall/shopping/errands). Invest in one, or two! :)

I try and wear a PC shirt where ever I go. But I have 4 so it helps. :)

I rarely leave home without some PC shirt on or the catalog tote...in the past I was bad about getting their info, but the other day I remembered I had that cute little pad they gave us at Conference...worked like a charm!!:D

I also wear my PC T-shirts whenever I know that I will be in public. It gets conversations started with sales people that I talk to. I haven't had any luck with other customers.
I like the idea I saw on here about someone using a PC bag in the mall. Someone might stop you to ask where the PC store is.

I can't wear any logo items at work, and I feel funny carrying a bag, too (like they don't think I'm dedicated to my job if I'm trying to do PC on the side). The only things I've been able to incorporate into my day job are the can cooler (I drink a diet coke in the afternoon, and put the can cooler on it all the time to keep it cold!), and a pen.

If I'm going grocery shopping, I try to take my Catalog Tote with me, showing a catalog on the front, and I keep drawing slips inside to take down information. I don't take any additional catalogs so I can say "Oh, sorry, this is my only one - here, write down your address and I'll mail you one" - that way I can get their info!

I have some logo shirts, but usually only wear those to shows anymore. When I was home with the kids, I wore them more often. I sometimes wear logo sweatshirts to their soccer/baseball games, too.

It definitely helps to strike up the conversation that you're a PC consultant, and they usually start off by telling me their favorite product. I always segue that into a discussion on the newest item that just came out that works well with that or improved that item, and then they're hooked! :)

I'm not very good about wearing my logo wear but one of the few times that I did (I've only had logo wear for a couple months) it resulted in a $200 individual order! I really need to remember to wear the stuff more. I do carry a tote around with me just about everywhere I go and I've had it almost as long as I've been a consultant but it hasn't generated much conversation.

I don't take any additional catalogs so I can say "Oh, sorry, this is my only one - here, write down your address and I'll mail you one" - that way I can get their info!

That's great advice Cathy. I have to keep this in mind!

I have mostly sweatshirts and fall/winter casual wear. I wear them to all of the fall soccer games my DD is in and the practices. I will take my catalog tote w/ me to those games as well. I do need to get more "summer" type clothes to wear when I am out and about on the weekends and weeknights. I am not supposed to even have catalogs at work, but I sneak them in...my boss and co-workers are HUGE fans of PC!!

Not quite the same question but very similar... has wearing logo wear ever bothered the person you were with? I bought the purple shirt with the 3/4 sleeves at conference and wore it once to my weekly grocery shopping and the friend I always shop with told me it made her feel uncomfortable. Any advice?

I was carrying the ribbon tote and I would get tons of inquires about PC, a lot of them resulted in orders or shows. I stopped carrying it at the a few months ago because I ordered a purse from a purse party where they put a clear window on the front for the catalog, I have only had one person make a comment about PC, the rest make comments about how cute the purse is. If I didn't spend $80 on making it, I wouldn't even carry it.

I got so excited when I saw that Merrill had a diaper bag, because I need one and I thought that was a great way to market my PC business, since I don't want to carry a purse and a diaper bag. Sadly it was a conference only thing.

Geekgirl69 said:
Not quite the same question but very similar... has wearing logo wear ever bothered the person you were with? I bought the purple shirt with the 3/4 sleeves at conference and wore it once to my weekly grocery shopping and the friend I always shop with told me it made her feel uncomfortable. Any advice?

I wouldn't shop with her anymore. Honestly, I can't imagine sayong to my friend, gee Susie, could you stop wearing that green blouse every time we go out otgether? It's making me uncomfortable.

dannyzmom said:
I wouldn't shop with her anymore. Honestly, I can't imagine sayong to my friend, gee Susie, could you stop wearing that green blouse every time we go out otgether? It's making me uncomfortable.

Carolyn...you are too funny! (But...I agree!!)

Geekgirl69 said:

Was she serious? I can't believe it if she was.

Now that I am preggo, I don't fit into any of my normal PC shirts...have one maternity shirt and working on getting a second!

BUT- I have the ribbon tote, and pre-pregnancy wore PC shirts pretty much EVERWHERE! DH was a bit uncomfortable at first, but now he just teases me about being a PC whore!! Honestly, I think he is proud that I have really came "out of my shell" in the last 2 years and do and say things for my business that I was too afraid to do in the beginning!

When someone comments on your PC wear, make sure you say Yes! I sell PC! Do you currently have a consultant? and go from there. NEVER give out a catty (or mini catty, in my case) without getting their name and number. Don't act hesitant, just say "I always get the name and number of the folks I give cattys to so I can follow up in a while." And 99% of the time, they just give it to me! Only one person told me, No...she would call ME if she wanted something. (never did) Also, write down the date and WHERE you met them so you don't forget who they are!!

KellyTheChef said:
When someone comments on your PC wear, make sure you say Yes! I sell PC! Do you currently have a consultant? and go from there. NEVER give out a catty (or mini catty, in my case) without getting their name and number. Don't act hesitant, just say "I always get the name and number of the folks I give cattys to so I can follow up in a while." And 99% of the time, they just give it to me! Only one person told me, No...she would call ME if she wanted something. (never did) Also, write down the date and WHERE you met them so you don't forget who they are!!

What great advice, thanks!

PampMomof3 said:
Was she serious? I can't believe it if she was.

Yes she was serious. She said she has no problem with me carrying the catalog tote everywhere but the shirt was a "little over the top" like I was begging for business. (She is a repeat host of mine and drummed up most of the orders from her office for my HWC fundraiser so I can't just say "no more shopping together")

I wear a shirt or something EVERYWHERE I go...one time in May while leaving a dr office I got a booking in the elevator on the way out...I've gotten lots of interest in PC and gotten some bookings that way...I'd say do it! (plus, I like buying clothes I can actually write off! LOL)

My newest recruit is the direct result of my wearing/carrying logowear. Be ready for business wherever you are!

When I leave the house without some kind of logo wear I feel odd. Like I"m not ready for business. But I also noticed that the last few times I went shopping without it, I was forced to talk to people about my business. Instead of waiting for someone to mention PC to me because of my shirt I went out of my comfort zone and went for it. I booked one catalog show at my son's Orthodontist office....and I go in there once a month.

And as for the friend who doesn't want you to shop with her if you wear logo, I would let her know that I was open for her to buy me a new closet full of clothes.

Geekgirl69 said:
Yes she was serious. She said she has no problem with me carrying the catalog tote everywhere but the shirt was a "little over the top" like I was begging for business. (She is a repeat host of mine and drummed up most of the orders from her office for my HWC fundraiser so I can't just say "no more shopping together")

She really needs to change her perspective. People wear logo wear for their businesses all the time.
I have a good friend who is a realtor - and she and her DH (they are in business together) wear logo wear - and have advertising on their car too.
My DH works for an Assisted Living Center - and he wears logo wear - has t-shirts (for work), Polo Shirts (for when he needs to be dressier at work for meetings, etc), and has 3 different jackets/coats.
I have a host who owns a pizza place - her whole family wears logo-wear!
I see people out all over wearing logo wear. It's not begging - it's just a good way to advertise for small business owners who can't afford more expensive forms of advertising...plus, it insures a personal touch!

ChefBeckyD said:
She really needs to change her perspective. People wear logo wear for their businesses all the time.
I have a good friend who is a realtor - and she and her DH (they are in business together) wear logo wear - and have advertising on their car too.
My DH works for an Assisted Living Center - and he wears logo wear - has t-shirts (for work), Polo Shirts (for when he needs to be dressier at work for meetings, etc), and has 3 different jackets/coats.
I have a host who owns a pizza place - her whole family wears logo-wear!
I see people out all over wearing logo wear. It's not begging - it's just a good way to advertise for small business owners who can't afford more expensive forms of advertising...plus, it insures a personal touch!

Along those lines, why is it ok for her (or anybody really) to wear a Nike shirt or even a Izod shirt... isn't that free advertising for that company as well so you can be "cool"? When I used to work for the NY Mets/Aramark, they gave us jackets for when game day was chilly but they hoped that we would wear them to and from work as well, free advertising for them.

I wear the ballcap everywhere... it's either on my head or in the wash. I also have three polo shirts that I wear whenever I'm out shopping & running errands.

I seem to run into people that want my contact info but are reluctant to give me theirs. As such, I haven't been able to get any commitments to host a cooking show, but I have had quite a few individual orders from my PWS. As much as I would like to have a show, I'm more than happy to take their order.

I got two of the conference shirts and was wearing them every chance I got when I was out and about. Of course, being black that caused a few problems when it was really hot out so I stopped. I did get two catty shows booked at the doctors office when I was going in everyday for 7 days before conference and one at the gas station I stopped at one morning on the way there. Sometimes, no one says anything. So... And as far as the friend who says it makes her feel uncomfortable, you have to decided which way to go. You know your business helps pay your bills or whatever so... Ask her to wear one too and you will reward her for the referals! "If you can't beat them, join them!") Then sign her!

pampered1224 said:
I got two of the conference shirts and was wearing them every chance I got when I was out and about. Of course, being black that caused a few problems when it was really hot out so I stopped. I did get two catty shows booked at the doctors office when I was going in everyday for 7 days before conference and one at the gas station I stopped at one morning on the way there. Sometimes, no one says anything. So... And as far as the friend who says it makes her feel uncomfortable, you have to decided which way to go. You know your business helps pay your bills or whatever so... Ask her to wear one too and you will reward her for the referals! "If you can't beat them, join them!") Then sign her!

She is willing to get me referrals and got me quite a few customers from her office but she won't sign because she will not talk to people she doesn't know...social anxiety not snottiness or anything. I don't think she would wear one. I think the one day a week I go shopping with her, I can just bring the catty tote and not worry about the logo wear and just step it up the other days a little more.

Geekgirl69 said:
i'm sorry your friend feels that way. i honestly don't know how it could be over the top. i have the same shirt and one more. i wear them whenever i can when i know i'll be in public. it's not like you are walking around with a bullhorn on full volume begging ppl in the aisles(?) for orders. to be honest, i have yet for someone to notice my PC shirts. i guess you should try talking to her about it in the most nonconfrontational way possible and find out why a logo on a shirt makes feel that way. in stead of pimping nike or adidas you are sporting the loge of the company you represent. that is all it is. maybe if put to her that way or a similar way it won't be as big of a deal to her.

For the friend that doesn't want you to wear your logo wear... That's just lame. Especially if that is your main income (and really even if it's not). That is almost the equivalent of telling her not to go to work for a couple hours (seriously, you never know who you are going to run into). I would tell her, it's part of working your business.
Seriously, I can't imagine someone saying that. As for one of the other posts... clothes you can write off!! I didn't even think of that! Thanks! I just bought a bunch of tops! I'll need to make sure to document it.

I carry the catalog tote everwhere as my "purse." Only got one "nibble" from it.The shirts don't get any more attention than when I wear shirts that say, "Relay for Life."But I find that the most effective way is to open your mouth and not let the logo do the talking.

I tell my husband I am my own advertising agency.

I have started to wear logo wear as often as I can and have generated leads.
I still wish we had more than Merrill to buy from...:thumbdown:

I always wear a logo shirt out AND carry a PC tote bag...AND, if that isn't possible, I wear the chef hat pin...I've had several inquiries...my daughter 'laughs' at me...but hey, why not? Can't hurt...luckily, I have several shirts...lol

I wish Merrill had some less expensive wear ...

Iam new to the board, I was wondering if you have sold the shirt yet? I am also well endowed but the tummy matches so it might fit. How much are you asking for it?

Geekgirl69 said:

Does she ever wear anything with a logo or representing a favorite singer?

If so tell her if she is going to wear those things then you will be wearing your PC stuf.

My Dh has gotten used to the logo wear and adv. on the car. He gets a bit wierd when I have the kids wear their t-shirts too.

1. Do you wear PC shirts or anything while you are out?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am proud to wear our stylish shirts and accessories while I am out and about. Not only does it show my support for the company, but it also allows me to showcase some of our amazing products to potential customers.

2. Do you ever catch people's eyes that way?

Absolutely! Our Pampered Chef wear is designed to be eye-catching and attention-grabbing. Whether it's a fun and colorful shirt or a stylish accessory, people often compliment me or ask where they can get their own Pampered Chef gear.

3. I am thinking of getting the breast cancer bag they have on merrill. I like it.

That's great to hear! Our breast cancer awareness bag is not only a fashionable accessory, but it also supports a great cause. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of these bags goes towards breast cancer research and awareness.

4. Are there other ways to support breast cancer awareness through Pampered Chef?

Yes, there are many ways to support breast cancer awareness through Pampered Chef. In addition to our breast cancer bag, we also have a variety of pink kitchen tools and accessories that are perfect for showing your support in the kitchen. Plus, a portion of the sales from these products also goes towards breast cancer research and awareness.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef wear even if I am not a consultant?

Absolutely! Our Pampered Chef wear is available for purchase by anyone. Whether you are a consultant or a customer, you can show your support and style with our shirts and accessories. Check out our website or speak to your consultant for more information on how to purchase Pampered Chef wear.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefRiGuy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
nysart8902
  • JenniferB
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cookie Kempe