• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef on Postsecret-Maybe We Shouldn't Only Give Pampered Chef Gifts!

In summary, the person's husband showed her a secret and she hopes it will generate sales. They are giving different types of PC gifts to different people in their family. Everybody else is getting other things.
pampermejolene
Gold Member
lol,
I'm not sure how else to post this...
Go here and look at card number 14 (count them, or you'll know it when you see it).
Who knows, maybe someone will see it and think, I need to order something! hahah
PostSecret

My husband showed me the secret this morning.

I hope you're right. . .perhaps it will generate some sales. :)

The only PC gift I gave this year was the can opener my mom asked for...

I'm only giving a few - one I got for my mom before I became a consultant. One for my grandmother because she's hard to buy for! And one for my best friend - the snowman platter - because it's adorable and she needs it. But she's getting other stuff too! LOL!

The only people I've given PC gifts to were my sister and now her daughter, who was raised to love our stoneware.Everybody else is getting clothes, gift cards and movies.

Uh oh, all my sisters are getting PC!! One sister has 5 kids and is attending school full-time (and her husband works full-time), so the DCB is perfect for her. My oldest sister, the personal chef, is getting the Fluted Stone and a the Large Bar Pan. Baby sister, who loves pink and daisies, is getting the HWC appetizer plates and caddy. So, they're all appropriate gifts. Right?

I think it's great when you give PC gifts to people who love it or need it. If EVERY gift EVERY year is completely PC, then maybe that's not a good thing. :DMy sister sells Mary Kay and I do have to admit that a couple years when the gifts were entirely MK stuff (even though I buy it and like it) for even the guys, I was a little disappointed. BUT, I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth, you know?! She loves the stuff and believes in it, and thinks I'll find joy in it, so why not? It's her money and her gift to me.

I gotta tell you, I laughed at that! I too get into the PC gifts as I always have stuff laying around and heck, why not give it away? Especially if I do not have to pay for something else. BUT, I have to admit, it makes me look like I took ABSOLUTELY NO THOUGHT in the gift I was giving. Last year I did NOT give any PC stuff as gifts. I took the time to show that I cared enough to actually shop. It was also very appreciated by all.

My sis is getting a mix n chop - she said she wanted it! My brother is getting a 5" forged utility knife and a pizza cutter - perfect for a bachelor. Times are tough, money is tight - they get what I can give :) In my family we like something even more if we know they giver saved some money on it!! OH! And my mom/dad are getting a ss sauce pan - they said they wanted it! I love when a Christmas list has things I can get a discount on! hehehe Everyone else is getting other stuff though

My stepmom is getting PC from my dad and my BIL's gf asked for all PC. My MIL is also getting some but it's things she's talked about wanting.

I am giving Pampered Chef this year too, I do it because I usually spend a lot more on them than I could anywhere else. If I only had $20 to spend somewhere else, but they will get a $50 -$75 gift from Pampered Chef that makes me happy.
My sisters don't have alot of PC so one is getting the DCB and another the Bamboo cheese tray and snack bowls and the parmesan garlic, another the bread pan and beer bread.
I do give alot of PC. My sister in law got married this year and had a registry with me, I spent well over $250 in gifts for her, if I had bought off her other registries I would have not even spent $90. My mother in law got the 10" saute pan for mother's day and loves it. She would have never spent that much on herself.
I love what I sell and I love giving it as gifts, but if the items doesn't seem to fit the person, I go elsewhere.

I gave our moms PC stuff for Mother's Day, but it was items they had seen and commented on. Last year my MIL got 2 grinders for Christmas and then I sent her the stand for Mother's Day. She loves them.My mom has a summer place and wanted the collapsible bowls. She bought the big one at my sister's party last year, then I gave her the two smaller ones for Mother's Day. I always give my son's teachers the RUFTH trivet. One of his preschool teachers is my best friend's mom--we were at her house once for a party and I saw it on her kitchen table, so I know it is used and appreciated.

I give the Round Up From The Heart Trivit as gifts if I don't know what they really need.

I really can't stand people who complain about a GIFT!! Goodness gracious!! It's a gift!! Who cares if it is from a company I sell for? I am thinking of you. I think you would use and/or appreciate this item. If you don't like it, re-gift it! Sell it on Ebay! Give it back!

Have I gotten gifts that don't suit me and my personality? Certainly!! But you know what?! The person who gave it to me was only trying to make me happy!! The fact that they thought of me at all made me happy!!

Okay, I had to vent that!!

Chef Kearns said:
I really can't stand people who complain about a GIFT!! Goodness gracious!! It's a gift!! Who cares if it is from a company I sell for? I am thinking of you. I think you would use and/or appreciate this item. If you don't like it, re-gift it! Sell it on Ebay! Give it back!

Have I gotten gifts that don't suit me and my personality? Certainly!! But you know what?! The person who gave it to me was only trying to make me happy!! The fact that they thought of me at all made me happy!!

Exactly! (darn length requirement)

Chef Kearns said:

Exactly! I re-gifted something to my niece this year and my sister totally bit my head off about it. She told me I was rude. I couldn't believe it. It was a movie we already have and she told me they wanted it. What's the harm in that? It was something you WANTED--who cares where it comes from????

The way I see it, if I give them PC, then they get a MUCH NICER gift than I would have been able to give them otherwise!!!

I personally think the other Post Secret card says it all ... "I prefer to give gifts to strangers in need over giving them to my ungrateful family. Merry Christmas, strangers!"Can you imagine if some mom who signed her kids up for gifts through the Salvation Army is presented with a Deep Covered Baker? She'd feel like she hit the lottery!I have a $10 to $20 limit on most people, hitting the higher end if it's an individual. However, with PC gifts, I can give a $31 bar pan for $12 and a $46 rectangular baker for $18. Makes my $10 movie gift cards look cheap by comparison, but ...

DebbieJ said:
Exactly! I re-gifted something to my niece this year and my sister totally bit my head off about it. She told me I was rude. I couldn't believe it. It was a movie we already have and she told me they wanted it. What's the harm in that? It was something you WANTED--who cares where it comes from????

Debbie, I saw your message awhile back. I think that your sister was being very insensitive. What did she think her daughter deserved from you? How hurtful!!

People are astounding!! My 6 y.o. was being a real turd about her gifts on her birthday. She got lots of wonderful and thoughtful gifts from her friends and family, but she wanted a Cupcake Maker. I asked her, "so you want to give all of the other gifts back because they don't mean anything to you since you didn't get he Cupckae Maker." She said, "yes". I was so shocked!! I couldn't believe how spoiled and shallow my daughter was being. We sat down with all of the presents (we opened after the party, none of the guests were there) and went over why her friends may have picked it out for her. I tried to get her to see the thought and love for her they put into the gifts they chose for her.

She was more appreciative of the stuff she got after that. I'm glad because if it hadn't sunk in, I just don't know what I would've done!! LOL! I didn't run out to get her the Cupcake Maker. She had to work to earn it.

A gift is not a right! You are not entitled to a gift!! I just need to shut up because I'm getting all worked up!

Last year I was really annoyed with my sister. I felt like our finances were tight and she of all people would understand. After all, they aren't made of money and for MANY years, were on a shoestring budget and didn't like to have to get people presents. Now all of a sudden, they expect the best of the best. They give people their wishlists. If you don't get them something they ask for, they return it. They even had my MOM do the returning/exchanging for some gifts that she went nuts looking for in the first place since my mom "had the receipt". My mom is a much better person than me, I would've said something smart back to her and given her the receipt.But anyway, so last year we all decided that instead of us all buying gifts for every single niece and nephew, we'd draw names. We set the budget to $20. Well, my sister was annoyed when I mentioned how it could be a present valued at $20 on sale. She thinks I should then spend the saved money on something additional. This was a hypothetical situation even, I hadn't even shopped yet. She really kept pressing the issue and I was just annoyed. I felt like saying, so do you need to see my official receipt and make sure that I spend $20? If I spend $17.99 are you going to be mad at me and never speak to me again?! I just said Yeah, whatever and went on my merry way. How would she KNOW how much I spent if it's something that is normally $20. I mean, really...

Chef Kearns said:
Debbie, I saw your message awhile back. I think that your sister was being very insensitive. What did she think her daughter deserved from you? How hurtful!!

People are astounding!! My 6 y.o. was being a real turd about her gifts on her birthday. She got lots of wonderful and thoughtful gifts from her friends and family, but she wanted a Cupcake Maker. I asked her, "so you want to give all of the other gifts back because they don't mean anything to you since you didn't get he Cupckae Maker." She said, "yes". I was so shocked!! I couldn't believe how spoiled and shallow my daughter was being. We sat down with all of the presents (we opened after the party, none of the guests were there) and went over why her friends may have picked it out for her. I tried to get her to see the thought and love for her they put into the gifts they chose for her.

She was more appreciative of the stuff she got after that. I'm glad because if it hadn't sunk in, I just don't know what I would've done!! LOL! I didn't run out to get her the Cupcake Maker. She had to work to earn it.

A gift is not a right! You are not entitled to a gift!! I just need to shut up because I'm getting all worked up!

TOTALLY agree with both of your posts, Sandra!

We live in such a world of entitlement...people just aren't grateful anymore. Whatever happened to "It's the thought that counts"?

I'm trying to raise my son to be a grateful, respectful person, and this includes gifts, and eating & staying in other peoples homes,etc... You don't complain, and you don't say you don't like something. You are to be grateful and thankful for the hospitality and thought behind what is done for you.

Okay - I could get on a soapbox about this too....:rolleyes:

A Christmas list is a 'wish list' not a 'shopping list' is what I keep saying around my house. Just because you write it down doesn't mean you'll get it! My MIL wants to use them as a shopping list though, I keep telling her that everything doesn't need to be checked off the list! Teaches them bad things :)

Chef Kearns said:

I recently got myself a subscription to Disney's Family Circle magazine, and there was a story in the most recent one about a mom who was dealing with two gimme-monsters. She created a game for them where they would take a gift bag, and they'd each go around the house to find a gift for each other. Then they'd exchange gifts, and the recipient would have to remember to say thank you immediately. Then, upon opening the gift, they'd have to find something nice to say.

She said the first few rounds were easy, and lots of fun, but after a while they'd have to get more creative about things to say because the gifts got more unusual (like toothbrushes and such). She said that after playing the game for a while, the kids grew to be much more appreciative of gifts they received.

Might be worth a try, though I think your approach was great as well.

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and cooking accessories. We strive to help people enjoy the cooking and entertaining experience by providing innovative and practical products.

2. Are all Pampered Chef products only available through consultants?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products can only be purchased through independent consultants. This allows us to provide personalized customer service and cooking tips to our customers.

3. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up through our website or through a current consultant. We offer a flexible business opportunity with low start-up costs and ongoing training and support.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef party online?

Yes, we offer virtual parties where you can invite your friends and family to shop from the comfort of their own homes. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party.

5. Is Pampered Chef only for cooking enthusiasts?

No, Pampered Chef products are designed for everyone, from beginner cooks to seasoned chefs. Our products are meant to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable for all skill levels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • KellARooni
  • General Chat
Replies