• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Successful Pampered Chef Bingo Fundraiser | Tips and Tricks

The cost of the cards was supposed to pay for the room and prizes. They only bought the cards once and reused them for all the games. They were playing to get PC products valued at more than the cost of the card but that I got free or half price. I did a quick demo and took orders and they didn't seem to even consider the card cost when they placed their orders.
wendyhod
:confused: I have a question -- has anyone ever tried to have a PC BINGO for a fundraiser for a school or organization? Is anyone familar with Lonenberger and their BINGOs? I am curious to see how one would set up and do something such as this. Please respond or email at [email protected] if anyone can help.
thanks!

I had someone ask me for information one time and in searching I found this:

http://www.mavfc.org/news/papmeredchefbingo.html

A fire hall that had one posted all there info. Maybe this will help. The organization never went through with it so I don't have any first hand experience.

How do you make any $$ at this? :confused:

Bingo Party
ChristinaNelle said:
How do you make any $$ at this? :confused:

I have not done a Bingo Show yet but my director has. She charged $5 per card and the prizes were items ranging in value from I think $5 to a minifluted pan - all of which she had in her closet. Catalogs were passed out just like at a regular show and orders taken. Bingo cards had products and other PC related items on them and as she drew them she talked about them. She had 10 in attendance and I don't recall what her total sales were but I know she got 2 bookings for future Bingo format shows. She said everyone had a great time and it was well worth it! If you don't have products in the "closet" you could take select items to show as the prizes and then order them on the show - the cost of the cards should cover your costs.

I am planning a Bingo Show in April and I have attached my flyer.

Attachments

• Beths Bingo Invite.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,586
Last edited:
OMG Beth! That sounds like so much fun! I'm not a consultant yet but when I do sign up I will definately have to do that.

Thx for the great idea!

Tonia

I'm not sure who I got this link from (probably someone here) but it is an easy way to make up BINGO cards.

http://www.gatheringbasket.com/cgi-bin/open_home.pl?action=bingo_card

Tonia

cheftonia said:
I'm not sure who I got this link from (probably someone here) but it is an easy way to make up BINGO cards.

Tonia
GREAT SITE!!! Thanks a million!!!

Beth, how did your bingo party go? I'm thinking of doing one at my house for neighbors that I don't even know...I'm going to pass out flyers.

Tonia

cheftonia said:
Beth, how did your bingo party go? I'm thinking of doing one at my house for neighbors that I don't even know...I'm going to pass out flyers.

Tonia

I didn't have a very good turnout considering how many I invited. I barely paid for the room and the door prizes were not covered at all but I did get a couple bookings and some orders. I would do it again on a smaller scale or with pre-paid bingo cards.

Benefit to $5 per Card Bingo Show?I guess I'm really not seeing the big picture. At $5 a card, and probably playing 3-5 rounds, that's $15-$25 on cards that the guests could be buying Pampered Chef items off of - that I can get commission off of. Is it $5 a card, or just $5 to come to the show and play a few rounds?

I would like to see postings of $ spent to prepare for show, $ results of show, number of people in attendance, etc. I'm just trying to justify it a bit.

Thank-x!
Rita

rwesterpchef said:
I guess I'm really not seeing the big picture. At $5 a card, and probably playing 3-5 rounds, that's $15-$25 on cards that the guests could be buying Pampered Chef items off of - that I can get commission off of. Is it $5 a card, or just $5 to come to the show and play a few rounds?

I would like to see postings of $ spent to prepare for show, $ results of show, number of people in attendance, etc. I'm just trying to justify it a bit.

Thank-x!
Rita

The cost of the cards was supposed to pay for the room and prizes. They only bought the cards once and reused them for all the games. They were playing to get PC products valued at more than the cost of the card but that I got free or half price. I did a quick demo and took orders and they didn't seem to even consider the card cost when they placed their orders.

I felt that if I had 10 participants it would cover the room and prizes and then the sales would be like any other show... but even though I mailed and emailed over 130 invitations I didn't even get the 10. Those that came enjoyed it but worth it? I would have to do it with other consultants next time or in my home instead of renting a room.

Thanks Beth for the clarification. Now it seems like a more reasonable idea!

Another suggestionSometimes, if you are doing a fundraiser for the Lions Club, VFW hall or the Volunteer Fireman, they have rooms that they use for their activities, which you can use for BINGO Fundraisers for their organizations, plus ask your local fire hall the cost renting a room from them, I know my local room rental is extremely low. Or, if you know a member who is part of the volunteer fireman or a fireman, sometimes they are able to rent the room for free. Just an idea for everyone, it never hurts to ask!
Cheers,
Angela

Check your local churches for free rooms for fundraisers too. My church let me use the fellowship hall for a HWC fundraiser for free.

PC BingoThis sounds like a EXCELLENT idea! We have alot of Volunteer Fire Dept around here, and a few VFWs and of course churches! Thank you soooo much!

PC BingoThis is powerful stuff:

A lady who attended a Tom Marsten bingo fundraiser explained he offers fundraisers where folks buy-in to play B-I-N-G-O

for up to 7 prizes... She said he runs up to 4 games and the bingo part takes about an hour, then a single recipe demo, closer with those slips, and guests get a pre-made SAMPLE SIZE of whatever recipe afterward. Each bingo game just keeps going until someone gets a blackout. TIES mean winners split the prize evenly between tied parties; she said they are rare. There have to be a certain number of players; more players makes more money for the group. Each game has 7 winners.

People play to win...

(1) 5 in a row any row [basic BINGO],

(2)5 across any two rows [two BINGOS]

(3) 5 down any two columns [two BINGOs],

(4) a plus [or cross], [two BINGOS],

(5) an x [two BINGOS],

(6) any 3 stripes, across or down [three BINGOS]

(7) a complete blackout.[five BINGOS]

Adults only: 30 players minimum $5 to play, for each prize above, all 7 for $30. Winners win $40.

Mixed crowds including children: 50 players minimum $3 to play for each prize above, all 7 for $20, Winners win $21

All the proceeds from the game overage go to the group--a "donation" from the guests" as a further income bonus to the fundraiser - I don't think he declares that to TPC though; I think it is a "group donation".

Again, I'm not totally sure on many of the details. I forgot to ask the lady at conference; I was writing all these other parts down.

So if only 30 people play, profit to the group is from $20-550 Per "adults only" Game. at 4 games a night, bingo "gift" to the group is $80-2200, including the 28 folks who won $40 each!

The "mixed" game at only 50 players profits the group from $3-853 per "mixed crowd" game. At 4 games a night, bingo "gift" to the group is $12-3412, including the 28 folks who won $21 each! A lot of the kids miss their bingos, so these games take up to 20 mins. each. After BINGO, kids go to a sitter on site.

Imagine 30 buyers at a kitchen show! or 40!!

She did say no group ever did this earning less than $200 a night...and that they are told to expect $100 or better. People are in a generous mood, so most buy the top ticket value at least for 1 game - guaranteeing higher "group gift" profits to the group. Many groups earn thousands in one night and are blown away - then have an awesome PC show too -- here's the kicker - the individuals and groups almost always spend at least some of their profits on PAMPERD CHEF orders!

I'm eager to try it. I did a 3K fundraiser without bingo - with an AWESOME host, and donating a lot of my commission...the group made $840

Do I understand this right?Let's say you have 30 guests and they each decide to buy all 7 cards. That is $900. Now you have to give out 7 prizes of $40. That's $280. That leaves you with $620. That was game one. Now if they use the same cards for the next 3 games you need to pay out $280 3 more times. That's $840. You just lost $220.

Or if they buy $30 worth of cards for each game they will have to spend $120 on cards. Are they going to have any spending money left to buy Pampered Chef?

I know I must be missing something. Please explain. Thanks.

So, it's sort of like a regular BINGO game only followed by a PC show? Is that right? And not all 30 people have to play all 7 rounds? I'd like to try this, but I want to get the general ideas straight first!

Do you haveWill one of you post a sample of a Bingo card (I am having trouble picturing this). It sounds like so much fun though!!!

an idea
acherry said:
Sometimes, if you are doing a fundraiser for the Lions Club, VFW hall or the Volunteer Fireman, they have rooms that they use for their activities, which you can use for BINGO Fundraisers for their organizations, plus ask your local fire hall the cost renting a room from them, I know my local room rental is extremely low. Or, if you know a member who is part of the volunteer fireman or a fireman, sometimes they are able to rent the room for free. Just an idea for everyone, it never hurts to ask!
Cheers,
Angela

***I'm thinking also that a school would let you use the gym/cafeteria, or the public library might part with a room inexpensively?

Saved Yet Again!
cheftonia said:

Tonia

Unbelieveable - I'm saved by this site yet again. I was just in the middle of creating my own bingo cards when I saw your link for the site that makes them for you.

Thanks!!

Can someone PLEASE explain the bingo game to me. I totally don't understand it. I have a huge show next Friday night (the first one I've done where all the guests are TOTAL strangers) and the host mentioned some games and I have heard people talk about the bingo game on here but I have no idea how to play it

Never mind I just realized that I clicked on the last page of the thread and that the rest of the thread explains it.

Ok. I know I'm slow but..:confused: I REALLY don't get this AT ALL. I'm trying to set up a fundraiser with the PTA and I REALLY like the idea of Bingo. I think people would like it. But I don't understand how to set it up, or anything. Ok, obviously I know how to call out letters and cover squares, but in terms of selling cards, awarding prizes, working in a demo, basically EVERYTHING ELSE I am TOTALLY clueless, would someone PLEASE PLEASE explain it like I'm a 4 year old.

Thanks in advance. :eek:

You just make up cards with products or other PC words instead of numbers and letters. Sell the cards (I sold them for $5 or 3 for $10) and then give products as prizes. If you don't have any extra products around your house you can give gift certificates that you would make up yourself.

The card sales would pay for the room fee (if there is one) and the prizes.

You would also give everyone a catalog and order form and do a brief demo during a break from the bingo calling. They will want to order because when you are calling the words on the cards you are describing or showing those things and they will want them. ;)

That's the simple explaination - hope it helps!

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!That helps a whole lot! I really appreciate you replying. Thanks again. :D

1. How do I get started planning a Pampered Chef Bingo fundraiser?

To get started, reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant to discuss hosting a fundraiser. They will help guide you through the process and provide you with the necessary materials and resources to make your event a success.

2. What are some tips for promoting a Pampered Chef Bingo fundraiser?

Utilize social media and word of mouth to spread the word about your event. You can also create flyers or posters to hang up in your community. Be sure to mention the prizes and fun activities that will be included to entice people to attend.

3. How can I make the Bingo games more exciting for attendees?

In addition to the traditional Bingo game, you can incorporate Pampered Chef products into the game. For example, instead of numbers, use pictures of popular Pampered Chef items. You can also offer additional games or raffles throughout the event.

4. What are some ways to maximize profits at a Pampered Chef Bingo fundraiser?

Encourage attendees to bring friends and family, as well as their own snacks and drinks to save on expenses. You can also reach out to local businesses to donate prizes or sponsor the event. Finally, make sure to have Pampered Chef products available for purchase at the event.

5. Is there a minimum or maximum number of attendees for a Pampered Chef Bingo fundraiser?

There is no set minimum or maximum number of attendees for a Pampered Chef Bingo fundraiser. However, it is recommended to have at least 15-20 people in order to make the event successful and profitable. You can also cap the number of attendees if necessary to ensure a smooth and enjoyable event for all.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • PC Angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • sarahsellcm