• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host a Fun and Successful Pampered Chef BINGO Event!

In summary, the conversation is about a successful Pampered Chef BINGO event that the speaker has been hosting for almost a year. They prepare multiple dishes and have hosts bring one dish and help with other items. The event starts with food and then transitions into playing BINGO for smaller Pampered Chef items. The speaker also talks about the products and discusses recruiting, booking, hosting, and specials. They also have a special P BINGO and a final BLACKOUT game where customers have to pay to win a larger prize. The speaker usually has 1-2 hosts per month and the event has had up to 5 hosts before. The speaker has had success with this event and it has helped them expand beyond their friends and family
COOKINWITHSHERRI
Gold Member
Has any one ever hosted a Pampered Chef BINGO? I've been doing BINGO's every month for almost a year now. Their becoming really popular. I prepare several dishes. (My hosts usually bring one dish and maybe help with plastic silverware, napkins, ice - that kind of thing.) We start be me telling everyone about what we are about to eat and how/what I cooked them on/in. They load up their plates while I mingle a little and get ready to start. Then we start playing 3 BINGO's for smaller $1.00 - $5.00 pampered chef items then I talk a little about the products that I bring to show and tell. I talk recruiting, booking, hosting and specials - that kind of thing, then we play 3 more BINGO's. I usually also kick in a special P BINGO. If you get the P shape you win a prize worth $9-$15. (If enough people attend.) After that we play BLACKOUT. BLACKOUT is the only game where customers have to pay to win. $1.00/Card or $5.00/6 Cards. The prize is usually $20 - $40 in price. (And I usually make sure I've worked the system and gotten them at a really good price! Sometimes I'm the host.) This month's BLACKOUT prize was the Reversible Bamboo Carving Board. The BLACKOUT money helps me pay for the food and Prizes. I usually have 1 to 2 hosts per month and I've had up to 5 hosts before. This month's BINGO had 25 people. WOO HOO! I even got an extra Host and show that I closed tonight from that. I'm really lucky with the place I have them. There is a Club House where I live that rents to me for FREE! I've invested in two tables, and they have five others. There is a microwave, sink, refridgerator - so most of the things I do are pre-made.
Anyway.... This idea has finally gotten me on my feet and really helped me get out of that friends and family circle I've been stuck in. I wanted to share with everyone.

So do people regularly place orders at these or are they just there to eat and play bingo?

fun!I haven't tried this with multiple hosts, great idea:D I have done 2 bingo's, one last fall and one this spring-to show off the new products. I did it kind of like an open house, where they checked out the new stuff, then filled their plates with appetizers I'd made, then we played bingo. Smaller prizes first, then the grand prize (blackout) was the mystery host. I gave them the hostess benefits. Most people did order. I've had great crowds with both, they all had lots of fun!

I would LOVE to do this!I just don't know how to get started! Do you approach it as you would a regular show? Are you advertising in the paper or around town or just by regular invites? Is this at your home or at somewhere like VFW or American Legion, something like that? I have been trying to figure out how to get this going!

COOKINWITHSHERRI said:
Has any one ever hosted a Pampered Chef BINGO? I've been doing BINGO's every month for almost a year now. Their becoming really popular. I prepare several dishes. (My hosts usually bring one dish and maybe help with plastic silverware, napkins, ice - that kind of thing.) We start be me telling everyone about what we are about to eat and how/what I cooked them on/in. They load up their plates while I mingle a little and get ready to start. Then we start playing 3 BINGO's for smaller $1.00 - $5.00 pampered chef items then I talk a little about the products that I bring to show and tell. I talk recruiting, booking, hosting and specials - that kind of thing, then we play 3 more BINGO's. I usually also kick in a special P BINGO. If you get the P shape you win a prize worth $9-$15. (If enough people attend.) After that we play BLACKOUT. BLACKOUT is the only game where customers have to pay to win. $1.00/Card or $5.00/6 Cards. The prize is usually $20 - $40 in price. (And I usually make sure I've worked the system and gotten them at a really good price! Sometimes I'm the host.) This month's BLACKOUT prize was the Reversible Bamboo Carving Board. The BLACKOUT money helps me pay for the food and Prizes. I usually have 1 to 2 hosts per month and I've had up to 5 hosts before. This month's BINGO had 25 people. WOO HOO! I even got an extra Host and show that I closed tonight from that. I'm really lucky with the place I have them. There is a Club House where I live that rents to me for FREE! I've invested in two tables, and they have five others. There is a microwave, sink, refridgerator - so most of the things I do are pre-made.
Anyway.... This idea has finally gotten me on my feet and really helped me get out of that friends and family circle I've been stuck in. I wanted to share with everyone.

That sounds great! What type of crowd are you getting? Are they there b/c they like bingo? AND PC?

I have played bingo at my shows, but not like you have.

What I do is give all the guest a blank bingo card then I tell them to fill them in however they want as I read of the squares. Then as I talk about things they mark them off. It really keeps everyones attention. It also gives you a chance to really recruit, or get bookings.

SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY... I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PULL UP THIS FORUM.
I approach people who love PC and BINGO.. I hook them with bringing their guests to my location, so they don't have to mess up (or clean) their houses. Usually I have at least one or two hosts. They bring an adverage of 5-10 people a piece. The club house I use is in the complex where I live. I put up signs at my community mailboxes and the club house. I make up flyers and leave flyers there, give them to hosts and I carry around several copies. (I shrink down and put two copies per page.)

Right before the BLACKOUT I talk about Hosting / Guest specials for that month and the next. Then when the BLACKOUT is done, I start collecting orders and help do the figuring. Most of the time the Host will close the next couple of days. I usually have the BINGO's on Saturday afternoon's, so by Monday or Tuesday we get together to finish up.

All you need to start is the place to have it and Hosts to invite guests. I usually invite people too.

Look at the flyers and please feel free to use them! This month we're also doing one as a Breast Cancer Fundraiser Kickoff.

Thanks for the Mystery Host as the BLACKOUT prize idea! I really like that!
Because I do these every month, I make myself the host with the extra people that I invite and choose the free products as the next months prizes. Sometimes I'd rather have another person collecting MORE orders, SO I'll be trying that one.....

Attachments

• BINGO.APRIL directionsCANCER.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 772
  • march 17 bingo food.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 581
  • BINGO FOOD IDEAS.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 799
How many cards do you have? Are you making them? how much do you guess your start up costs were? I'm thinking I like the idea of one for HWC. I have a fair I'm doing on the 22nd so could really advertise it big there. Maybe I could set it up for the first weekend in May. Any way to guestimate how many folks might show?

I got lucky and a friend of mine knew someone that worked in a BINGO Hall. She got me lots of those 6 to a page packets. I'm still cutting them up. (I just have them use highlighters or bring their own dobbers.) But I found a CD at the Dollar store that you can print out pages. Before I got these I baught a little BINGO kit from Walmart and used them. Keep your eye's peeled, they're really everywhere.

My start up costs were just the BINGO Ball turner I found at a party store for $30.00, the cards (or the program that I can print them out on.) the food, I usually keep food to $20-$25. I'm pretty good at getting my little prizes as the free hosts gifts from the show before or use something you already have on hand. But until you get that going, $20-25.00 worth of little prizes and whatever BLACKOUT prize you want. I usually use the Host item from the last month. So I'm getting it at 60% Off. When you get 10-15 people who come - more if your lucky.... Each person usually spends the $5.00 for the 6 card deal, so that makes most of your money back and gives you some to help you purchase the next one. Need a flyer, signs pointing the way or food idea's - let me know.

That sounds like a lot of fun!! But do you get orders? Is it always enough to make it a show? What sort of sales does your average bingo do? Do people book cooking shows and/or other bingos from it?
I know, Im asking lots of questions, I hope you don't mind answering.

Veevahchef said:
That sounds like a lot of fun!! But do you get orders? Is it always enough to make it a show? What sort of sales does your average bingo do? Do people book cooking shows and/or other bingos from it?
I know, Im asking lots of questions, I hope you don't mind answering.

No problem, glad to help. Yes we talk about what were gonna eat, do the BINGO's, talk a little product and the BLACKOUT. Then I take orders and I usually generate at least one person who want's to have one the next month. Sometimes I pick the date before the current one so I can offer to have them be a host at my next BINGO. I always have at least enough orders to do one show and I've had as many as 5 from the same BINGO. This past one I had Nichole host and she convienced her friend Brandi to host and I didn't even know it until the day of the BINGO.. So I got two shows for the price of one. :D She had mentioned that she had a friend helping her gather orders, but not that she was gonna have a $400.00 show herself. Woo Hoo.
I've been trying to get Nichole to become a consultant, but she hasn't excepted yet. So with those two, one I gathered myself, a friend of mine that wanted some cookware and another closing from this one I ended up with just shy of $1200 in sales. Woooo Hoooo... Sometimes they fall like that, like any other kitchen show you'd do.

How awesome is that!? I was planning to do a regular HWC fundraiser show...but I am gonna make it a BINGO! My mom has a ball and basket thingy (whatever its called!) with tons of cards. We usually play at holidays...yeah my family is a little off sometimes! But this is great!

I'm gonna try it! I'm so excited...thanks!

HEY!! Thats a great idea!! I've been trying to figure out what I can do for a fundraiser in May for HWC that might be a little different and generate more interest. A Bingo/ fundraiser is an AWESOME idea!!

Thanks for all the info Sherri, and the great idea!
Thanks for the extra idea abearagn!
(we play bingo at holidays to... so not too strange..lol)

CollkingwithSHerri---bingoSherri,
Can you post your flyers that you use for your bingo parties? I've been wanting to have one for a while but need some good ideas for the flyers to use. I guess I'm skeptical on having one....I really want to know if people do order at these. Do you tell them, "we are going to wrap this up with taking orders for anything that you may want?" I just don't want to be rude by saying....now place your orders! Or does the flyer let them know that they may order that night after the games are played? Just curious. I wouldn't want to do it if it didn't bring in any extra money. Thanks for your ideas with this.

This is what I use. I usually shink it down to two to a page and put a wish list on the back. You can go to this thread for my step by step instructions on how I run it.

Pull down the search bar and type in bingo. I only do PC BINGO. I've only done one live go to someone's house kitchen show. (I've been a consultant for 3 years.) Granted I'm more a hobby PC consultant than most, but that's what works for me. http://chefsuccess.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=bingo

I usually start my "show" by explaining the food and how the BINGO works. i.e. The order of how things are going to go for the night, Host/Guest Specials, Opportunity. Then I tell them that before the BLACKOUT I'll collect orders and schedule any one who'd like to host for my next BINGO. I usually incurage them to book by offering them extra BLACKOUT cards. They get three for booking before the Blackout. That helps me make sure I have a host for the next month and gives them an extra chance to win....
Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help if I can.

Attachments

• BINGO.directions.doc
    28 KB · Views: 708
  • outside order forms 2 to a pag.doc
    57.5 KB · Views: 651
Thanks For Sharing!!!

These are really nice!

Liz

COOKINWITHSHERRI said:
This is what I use. I usually shink it down to two to a page and put a wish list on the back. You can go to this thread for my step by step instructions on how I run it.

Pull down the search bar and type in bingo. I only do PC BINGO. I've only done one live go to someone's house kitchen show. (I've been a consultant for 3 years.) Granted I'm more a hobby PC consultant than most, but that's what works for me. http://chefsuccess.com/showthread.ph...ighlight=bingo

I usually start my "show" by explaining the food and how the BINGO works. i.e. The order of how things are going to go for the night, Host/Guest Specials, Opportunity. Then I tell them that before the BLACKOUT I'll collect orders and schedule any one who'd like to host for my next BINGO. I usually incurage them to book by offering them extra BLACKOUT cards. They get three for booking before the Blackout. That helps me make sure I have a host for the next month and gives them an extra chance to win....

another idea...I love this board, but I have a hard time visualizing, so I'll do my best!!

I also thought of trying to do the boards with PC items and calling them out, but I bet that would take alot of extra work too!!!

Liz

COOKINWITHSHERRI said:

i was just in the files section looking for this stuff, I plan on doing it next month - thanks to all of you who are much more creative and organized than I

Oh wow! I know this is older, but I think it's a great idea. I'm thinking of getting my act together and getting something together by the end of May for a HWC fund raiser.
Thanks all!

This is a late response, but I just read this thread. Anyway...there is another direct sell company in my area (tupperware) that does this every month in a different location. I talked to a girl that does it and she said they do really well They always have multiple hosts. It sounds like the bulk of their business is through Bingo. I might like to give this a try. :)

Hey everyone -
you need to be careful where and with whom you're having your bingo. there are state laws in place that require people holding bingo, regardless of the prizes, need to have a permit or license.

i only say this because i have a friend who does lia sophia "BLINGO" - same concept - and was holding it at a local hall and a guest who wasn't happy about not winning called the state gaming commission on her. Her monthly event, attended by a lot of people, was shut down and she was threatened with a fine.

just be careful ladies - i'd hate to see someone get in trouble because of their bingo party!

bbauman07 said:
I have played bingo at my shows, but not like you have.

What I do is give all the guest a blank bingo card then I tell them to fill them in however they want as I read of the squares. Then as I talk about things they mark them off. It really keeps everyones attention. It also gives you a chance to really recruit, or get bookings.

I really like this idea, to incorproate into a normal show.

What is Pampered Chef Bingo?

Pampered Chef Bingo is a fun game that combines elements of traditional bingo with the excitement of winning Pampered Chef products.

How do you play Pampered Chef Bingo?

To play Pampered Chef Bingo, you will need a bingo card with squares filled with Pampered Chef products. A host will call out product names and players can mark off the corresponding squares on their card. The first player to get a bingo (either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) wins a prize.

What kinds of prizes can be won in Pampered Chef Bingo?

The prizes in Pampered Chef Bingo are typically products from the Pampered Chef catalog. These can include kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and other kitchen gadgets.

Can I host a Pampered Chef Bingo party?

Yes, you can host a Pampered Chef Bingo party if you are a Pampered Chef consultant. It is a fun way to introduce new products to your customers and give them a chance to win prizes.

Is there a cost to play Pampered Chef Bingo?

The cost to play Pampered Chef Bingo varies depending on the host. Some may charge a small fee to cover the cost of the prizes, while others may offer it as a free game for their guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PC Angel