• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Paleo Diet Inspiration: Crockpot Recipes Needed!

ingYou can probably get similar recipes by following Weight Watchers (not all things). They used to call it "Core", but now "Simply Filling" I think?? Anyway- those use very little, if any processed foods, and while some recipes may have things you are avoiding, most will NOT.Or some cookbooks from others who have always had similar "diets". Paleo isn't really anything new, just new packaging.
Karen
Gold Member
At the beginning of the new year husband and I started trying to follow the Paleo diet. We can have veggies, fruit, meats, fish, nuts (except peanuts), etc, avoiding rice, potatoes, pasta, anything processed, and sugars. However I am running out of ideas of what to make. We are both getting sick of salads every day for lunch.

Does anybody else on this site follow the Paleo diet or something similar? I would LOVE some recipe that I can make using the crockpot so I can just throw them together before work each day.

Thanks for sharing!

Not necessarily Paleo (because we still do dairy and legumes) but we eat mostly grain-free.

I use a lot of almond flour and coconut flour. For instance, tonight I made almond flour pumpkin pancakes with sauteed peaches, and homemade breakfast sausage.

Elana's Pantry is one of the best recipe blogs for Paleo/grain free recipes! It has a ton of ideas, and she has even started doing weekly meal plans. Check it out!

Healthy Gluten Free Recipes | Elana's Pantry

Oh, and we love soups and stews. I make a lot of those. However, a lot of them contain beans of some kind.

You can probably get similar recipes by following Weight Watchers (not all things). They used to call it "Core", but now "Simply Filling" I think?? Anyway- those use very little, if any processed foods, and while some recipes may have things you are avoiding, most will NOT.
Or some cookbooks from others who have always had similar "diets". Paleo isn't really anything new, just new packaging. Did you try googling for "paleo recipes"? Maybe others have put them together.http://www.retail.bookstore-knowthecause.com/products.asp?cat=12

Here is another great website for recipes!

http://www.primal-palate.com/p/recipes.html

I have a million recipes, but the easiest place to find some are at Mark's Daily Apple, Elana's Pantry (blog) and Food Lover's Primal Palate, etc. Seriously, a google search will help you find more sites that you can imagine. I follow an off-shoot of Paleo called Primal Blueprint.

I am unfamiliar with this eating choice, however you MAY find some help by googling "clean eating"? I know everything is fresh, no processed food, nothing white, like sugar, salt or flour. You may be able to modify some of their ideas to suit your new eating style.

I have had it a goal to change the way our whole family eats for sometime and have not made the leap yet. I will do some research on this, thank you for posting OP. :)

KellerCooks said:
I have a million recipes, but the easiest place to find some are at Mark's Daily Apple, Elana's Pantry (blog) and Food Lover's Primal Palate, etc. Seriously, a google search will help you find more sites that you can imagine.

I follow an off-shoot of Paleo called Primal Blueprint.

Thank you! Actually I just subscribed to Mark's Daily Apple not too long ago and just received the Primal Blueprint books from my brother as well. I see you are in Phoenix, are you familiar with Olive & Ivy restaurant or True Food Kitchen?

I am familiar with both! Great options for paleo-type eating. Also try the Primal Matriarch. But seriously, a good google search will find you more recipes than you can imagine. I print my favorites and keep them in a black 3-ring binder by type (chicken, beef, seafood, sides, snacks, breakfast, desserts). I try to market myself as being able to showcase low-carb and gluten free cooking for my hosts. Hasn't really done anything for me yet, but I keep hoping.

I found this website when searching for Advocare 24 day challenge recipes to make. You have to be careful because these recipes are posted by other people and may or may not actually fit the diet. It may give you some where to go though for ideas that you can turn around and work for you!
The Paleo Diet - Recipe Search

1. What are some easy and delicious crockpot recipes for the Paleo diet?

One popular crockpot recipe that is Paleo-friendly is Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas. Simply add chicken, bell peppers, onions, and spices to the crockpot and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours. Another option is Slow Cooker Beef Stew, which can be made with grass-fed beef, vegetables, and bone broth. You can also try Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas or Slow Cooker Paleo Chili for a hearty and flavorful meal.

2. Can I make Paleo-friendly desserts in a crockpot?

Yes, you can! Some delicious options include Slow Cooker Apple Crisp, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie, and Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake. These desserts use natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup and are made with Paleo-approved ingredients such as almond flour and coconut milk.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for crockpot meals on the Paleo diet?

Yes, there are plenty of options for vegetarian and vegan crockpot meals on the Paleo diet. You can make Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry, Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Chickpea Stew, or Slow Cooker Ratatouille. Just be sure to use vegetable-based proteins like tofu or tempeh instead of animal-based proteins.

4. Can I use store-bought sauces or seasonings in my crockpot meals on the Paleo diet?

It's best to make your own sauces and seasonings to ensure they are Paleo-friendly. However, there are some store-bought options that are Paleo-approved, such as coconut aminos instead of soy sauce and organic BBQ sauce without added sugars. Be sure to read the ingredients list carefully to make sure there are no added sugars or artificial ingredients.

5. Can I meal prep with crockpot recipes for the Paleo diet?

Absolutely! Crockpot meals are great for meal prepping because they can easily be made in bulk and stored in the fridge or freezer for later. You can make a big batch of Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli, Slow Cooker Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry, or Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken for easy and convenient meals throughout the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kathylynn
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janel kelly
  • elijahstrust