• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I lighten the load with my Consultant Tote for shows?

two...maybe three products max.Veterans use their Consultant Tote for many purposes. They use it for traveling, to pack their products for shows, and to store their kitchen supplies.
esavvymom
Staff member
I am wondering what you veterans do with your Consultant Tote that comes in the kit- to pack the products so it's not so back breaking to carry!:cry:

I had my first show this weekend. I took my tote- and kept only the Kit items in it, and a couple of dish towels, and two regular 8x10 photo frames I used for my specials-flyers. Then I had a clear Rubbermaid-type tub that was about the same size as my tote. It had my Deep Casserole Baker/Lid, my tool-turn-about full of gadgets, a pitcher, the salad spinner, easy decorator and cookie press. It was so light in comparison to my tote which just weighed a ton! It doesn't seem like that much in there that is so heavy. I have the large bar pan, cooling rack, muffin pan, and cutting board in the long pocket, the skillet and mandolin in the other smaller pockets, then my Batter bowl and Simple additions and other stuff in the middle section.

Is it just because it's a fabric bag that the weight just sags in such a way to make it so much heavier than a solid-tote that distributes the weight more? I'm thinking of just not using the tote at all and switching to solid totes to try them instead.

But I thought I'd ask you guys first. ??

The kit items themselves are heavy. When a single product is heavy (large bar pan), then it's easy to dismiss how much weight it adds to the bag. And the bag itself isn't exactly a featherweight. :rolleyes:

I carried around the Batter Bowl for the first 6 months. Everyone on here was recommending the SS Bowls.

So I finally broke down (hosted my own show and got them as 1/2 price item) and got them. THEY ARE WORTH IT.

Not only are they very nice bowls that you will use constantly in your kitchen, but they are SO much lighter than the Batter Bowls!

I bring the small and middle size with me to every show. This has really helped with the weight.

AND as much as I LOVE the Prep Bowls, I only bring a few (2 or 3) and bring my Easy Read Measuring Cups in case I need to use them like a Prep Bowl. These are also lighter.

I second the SS bowls... I only take the batter bowl when I have to use the microwave. I also try not to carry stones in my bag, they are just to heavy.

Jenni said:
I second the SS bowls... I only take the batter bowl when I have to use the microwave. I also try not to carry stones in my bag, they are just to heavy.
ME too! And, before I pack that batter bowl, I check to see if my largest ERMC will do the job in the microwave!I have the old stoneware carrier, and I can fit the bar pan, and the large round dots bowl, or round white platter in there...plus a smaller stone or SA piece. That's how I carry that stuff.
I pack my TTA - stuffed full! - in one side of the large compartment of the Consultant tote, and my SS bowls, ERMC set, and 3-4 prep bowls (however many I need for the recipe) on the other side. UM goes in one slot, 10" skillet goes in the other, and the large slot holds my cooling rack and cutting board.Microfiber Towels, hot pads, MPG, and other little things get tucked in around the TTA & Bowls.There! That's me - all packed and ready to go!

Every piece of SA you pack adds lots of weight. I generally take just one sample of any particular line. I take quite a bit with me, but I've pared back from years past. i know people who take only what they need for their recipe plus this month's and next month's specials. If, like this month and next, that's a line of products, they take one sample.

Jenni said:

Ahhh yes, I am going to have to remember this if I make the Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip! I have started recipes at home using the SS bowl only to discover that it needs to go into the microwave! :eek:

I only take what I need for the recipe. The only way I take extras is if the recipe does not call for the host special of the current month and the next month but most of the times they do and I rarely carry extras. I go as light as possible. My goal is one tote for products, one for paperwork which fits down in the products tote and my laptop.

I also have a bad habit of bringing too much stuff. I just feel that people like to see and touch the products. Is there an easier way to get away with not taking everything. What about using a smaller show to go bag. Isn't there one that is smaller than the new consultant tote?

Whoa, you are taking so much stuff! Paring down will help the weight issues.

When you do your host coaching, ask if there are any particular items that she or her guests want to see. Bring those items and only what you need for your demo...save your back! :)

My first show I set out EVERYTHING I had- including PC products from my personal collection from before I became a consultant. I had them set around the kitchen as stations for them to test out the products. You know - no one really looked at anything and my sales were fairly decent.

The next show I did I only took what I needed for the recipe and the ultimate mandoline and had even better sales.

I think the guests like to see what you use to cook the recipe- but might get overwhelmed by seeing ALL of the products.

I have now gotten to where I too only take what I need for the recipe and host/guest special item(s). I do take my TTA full of gadgets because I found people are happy as a all can be just checking that stuff out for hours LOL They have fun with that while I am doing their personal checkouts.

weigh the bag~if it weighs over 15 pounds, you are carrying too much to your shows! REALLY! This was a wake up call for me~I now carry the bag with pretty much what Becky described, an old red crate with the TTA and DCB in it and my tote of paperwork. All of that goes in the hosts house in one trip....makes your job look easy!

1. How do I properly pack my consultant tote?

To properly pack your consultant tote, start by placing larger items at the bottom and filling in any gaps with smaller items. Use the designated pockets and compartments for specific items, such as the knife sleeve for knives and the insulated pocket for food items. Make sure to distribute the weight evenly to avoid strain on your shoulders.

2. Can I fit all of my demonstration items in the consultant tote?

Yes, the consultant tote is designed to hold all of your demonstration items. However, it is important to pack strategically and use the designated pockets and compartments to ensure everything fits comfortably and securely.

3. Can I pack hot or cold items in the consultant tote?

Yes, the consultant tote has an insulated pocket specifically designed for transporting hot or cold items. It is recommended to use ice packs or thermoware containers to keep food at the appropriate temperature.

4. How do I clean my consultant tote?

To clean your consultant tote, use a damp cloth and mild soap to spot clean any stains or spills. Do not machine wash or dry, as it may damage the material. Let the tote air dry completely before using again.

5. Can I use the consultant tote for personal use as well?

While the consultant tote is designed for carrying Pampered Chef products, you can certainly use it for personal use as well. The spacious design and multiple pockets make it a versatile and convenient bag for everyday use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nsmith
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
nsmith
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sarahlegare
  • MrsNetNut404