• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing Between P3 Receipts and 2-Ply: Pros and Cons | My Personal Experience

Thanks! I hosted my first kick off party and didn't receive an itemized list of what customers received. I only had the two plys and its a good thing I was the consultant and had their receipts. I haven't asked my upline mgr but will on what she does. I see people print theirs from P3, but I don't have this ability. I ended up copying my receipts and putting them in they already had a receipt anyway. Given they...You are allowed to copy your receipts.
deanna_g
Which do you choose to use and why? I currently use 2-ply (unless I am out for some reason). I just think it's easier to give the receipt to the guest at the show rather than worry about printing them from home and then getting them back to the host before the shipment gets there.

What are your takes?

I use the 2 ply at shows and the P3 receipt for outside orders and the host's order. ...and for all orders on a catalog show.

I use my laptop at all shows. I have the guests fill out the order form as usual, I'll total everything up and complete the order form, collect payment and provide them with a copy. I'd rather give the majority of receipts at the show to save on p3 receipts, ink, postage and time.

The p3 receipts I use only for individual, outside, and host orders and catalog shows.

I do what Beth does.

Same as Rae and Beth.

Ok quick question with this. How long do YOU maintain a copy of the receipts? 2 Ply or P3.

It's in P3, I don't keep a hardcopy at all - especially now that we know immediately if a card is declined. I used to keep them until I knew a show had shipped just to have the customers credit card info on hand but no need to do that anymore.

I try to have as little paperwork as possble. I don't have room for it and can't afford to move the weight of it every time we move (we're military).

On another note - I purchased my laptop partially to take to shows and input the orders on the spot. I can't do it. It doesn't work for me. I can't focus on the computer and still do a customer focussed check out. Just not for me. Bless those of you who can. It just works better for me to take my orders and money home with me and input them later. And, honestly, I rarely make a mistake adding up an order that would cause me to have to call a customer and when I do, they understand.

Thanks! That is what I was thinking. We are also military and i have 4 more years here before we are due to move. That would be a TON of paperwork to go through. LOL

BethCooks4U said:
I use the 2 ply at shows and the P3 receipt for outside orders and the host's order. ...and for all orders on a catalog show.
I do what Beth does. By law in my state, everyone has to go home with a receipt.I keep hard copies for about 6 months and then I shred them.

Well I have all of the orders shipped to me and then a seperate and take to my host and so I only use the P3 receipts because they are more cost effective for me. That way, each guest gets a clean copy with their products- I feel like they are more likely to hold onto it!

Ok, I have a stupid question or newbie question. I thought there was supposed to be a 3ply receipts. So if its only 2ply who do I give what? Meaning for the hosts, customer and keep for myself to input into the P3 when I get home? Sorry, I am going to ask my leader too. Thanks again!

sizzo said:
Ok, I have a stupid question or newbie question. I thought there was supposed to be a 3ply receipts. So if its only 2ply who do I give what? Meaning for the hosts, customer and keep for myself to input into the P3 when I get home? Sorry, I am going to ask my leader too. Thanks again!

They used to be 3ply. (I still have LOADS of 3ply)
Now with the 2 ply you give one to the customer and keep one. The hosts now receive customer product forms when the orders arrive to help them sort. This means the host doesn't need to get a copy.

ShelbyMichalek said:
They used to be 3ply. (I still have LOADS of 3ply)
Now with the 2 ply you give one to the customer and keep one. The hosts now receive customer product forms when the orders arrive to help them sort. This means the host doesn't need to get a copy.

Thanks! I hosted my first kick off party and didn't receive an itemized list of what customers received. I only had the two plys and its a good thing I was the consultant and had their receipts. I haven't asked my upline mgr but will on what she does. I see people print theirs from P3, but I don't have this ability. I ended up copying my receipts and putting them in they already had a receipt anyway. Given they are friends and family I have the ability to rewrite it if possible....

I do the same as Rae and Beth.
as for recpts from the parties for 6 months then shred them.. I only keep the invite list from the hostess, since most rebook, I just have them update the list.

1. What is the difference between P3 Receipts and 2-Ply receipts?

P3 Receipts and 2-Ply receipts are both types of carbonless paper used for making duplicate copies of receipts. The main difference lies in the number of copies each type can produce. P3 Receipts can make three copies (hence the name "P3"), while 2-Ply receipts can only make two copies.

2. Can P3 Receipts and 2-Ply receipts be used interchangeably?

No, P3 Receipts and 2-Ply receipts are not interchangeable. They have different thicknesses and coating, which can affect the quality of the duplicate copies. It is important to use the correct type of receipt for your specific needs.

3. Are P3 Receipts more expensive than 2-Ply receipts?

Yes, P3 Receipts are generally more expensive than 2-Ply receipts. This is because P3 Receipts can produce an extra copy, making them more cost-effective for businesses that require multiple copies of receipts.

4. Can P3 Receipts and 2-Ply receipts be customized with our business logo?

Yes, both P3 Receipts and 2-Ply receipts can be customized with your business logo. This can help to enhance your brand and make your receipts more professional-looking.

5. How long do P3 Receipts and 2-Ply receipts last?

The lifespan of P3 Receipts and 2-Ply receipts depends on how they are stored and handled. Under proper conditions, they can last for several years. However, exposure to heat, light, and moisture can cause the ink to fade and the paper to deteriorate over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• princessmeshelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • kcjodih