• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why won't P3 accept my card numbers?

In summary, the two customers on the show where P3 keeps telling me I need to enter a valid credit card number. I enter the number, and it blanks itself out. If I put my own Discover card # in there, it works. So I'm wondering if these were debit card numbers? Aaaaargh. I have no idea. They looked like credit card numbers to me, with an expiration date and CRV on the back and everything. Also I checked for updates on P# and restarted it. I have no idea why these numbers won't "take". Anybody had this happen to them? Did they have a credit card company logo? They have to actually say Visa, MC, or Discover on
ShellBeach
I have two customers on a show where P3 keeps telling me I need to enter a valid credit card number. I enter the number, and it blanks itself out.

If I put my own Discover card # in there, it works.

So I'm wondering if these were debit card numbers? Aaaaargh. I have no idea. They looked like credit card numbers to me, with an expiration date and CRV on the back and everything.

Also I checked for updates on P# and restarted it. I have no idea why these numbers won't "take". Anybody had this happen to them?

Did they have a credit card company logo? They have to actually say Visa, MC, or Discover on the card or it's a debit card.

Debit cards should work. Mine does, even has a MC logo on it. Call the customers and double check their card numbers.

As far as I know it won't accept VISA gift cards and some debit cards are only debit cards. It has to be a credit or debit card (that is also capable to have things charged as credit) associated with a billing address zip code.

I have had customers use the visa gift cards and it has worked fine.

Thanks, all. No idea what's wrong with these. Left a message for the host. The solution center is closed for tech support issues like that.
I did find a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Issuer_Identification_Numbers that has valid card beginning numbers, and both of these are on the list except the wiki says they are foreign banks!

Well, this show isn't going in until next week...

If they're foreign banks, that's probably why. Get different (U.S.) card numbers, cash, or check (drawn on a U.S. bank). (I'm assuming you're in the U.S.)

Yes, USA .....and I seriously doubt these are foreign banks these gals are using. No idea why the numbers won't work. LOL, I guess the lesson here is not to believe every wiki I read.
Hmmm. Maybe I'll try it on a different PC. And if htat doesn't work, call tech support Monday. I suspect it will come down to them both giving me either another card or some cash.

I was just having this same problem this morning. I think I fixed it by checking for updates in P3 because now it's accepting the card number.
In P3, at the top of the screen, click on Help and then Check For Updates.

Most likely, there is a transposed digit. There is an algorithm that determines credit card account numbers, and it's programmed into P3. If the digits don't check, P3 won't accept the number, and it blanks out.

Hmm, doubtful that 2 customers have transposed digits.
I will try the update again. Maybe they put something new out for today. The update Saturday didn't do a thing.

Mine wasn't at transposition problem either. I checked, double-checked, and triple-checked the number before P3 accepted it.

Well, I finally met with the host and showed her the number she gave me. She'd insisted it was correct in several emails, of course. All I knew was theis show wasn't getting submitted.

So I had all the money she'd collected and her slip of paper with the credit card numbers & guess what? She'd written them both down wrong. She had to call the other gal to get the correct one.

I'm so annoyed with myself for spending so much time on it! Thanks for your support ladies, lesson learned. If the software says it's not a valid number.....it's not a valid number!

Don't feel bad thinking it was a problem with P3. I think since the new web and all of its problems, the mindset is now to think there's something wrong with the software rather than user or other error. I couldn't get P3 to open last week. Tech support walked me through the problem. He said something in P3 on my computer had gotten corrupted whereas I assumed it was a problem on their end. Sure enough I now have a hard drive fatal error.

What is P3 Not Taking Card Numbers?

P3 Not Taking Card Numbers is a security measure implemented by certain businesses or organizations to protect their customers' credit or debit card information. This means that they do not accept or store card numbers when processing transactions.

Why is P3 Not Taking Card Numbers important?

P3 Not Taking Card Numbers is important because it helps prevent credit card fraud and protects customers' sensitive information. By not storing card numbers, businesses and organizations reduce the risk of a data breach and potential financial losses for their customers.

How does P3 Not Taking Card Numbers work?

P3 Not Taking Card Numbers works by using a tokenization system. This means that when a customer makes a purchase, their card information is replaced with a unique token, which is used to process the transaction. The token can only be used for that specific transaction and cannot be used to access the customer's original card information.

What should I do if a business is not taking my card number?

If a business is not taking your card number, it means they have implemented P3 Not Taking Card Numbers for security purposes. You can still make a purchase by using a different payment method, such as cash, check, or a different credit/debit card.

Is P3 Not Taking Card Numbers mandatory for businesses?

No, P3 Not Taking Card Numbers is not mandatory for businesses. It is a security measure that businesses can choose to implement to protect their customers' information. However, many businesses are starting to adopt this practice to ensure the safety and trust of their customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pc_jessica
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Judybabe
  • Adrian